Traction loss - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Traction loss

I remember someone saying that they couldn't break the tires loose even if they tried? This v6 can definitely lay down 30 ft of rubber easy with the right mods. I wasn't even trying to burnout here and the car laid down rubber until I let off the gas and shifted into second. It got sideway shifting into second to.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you were not trying to do a burnout y did you hold the brake down and floor it at the same time lol o and nice burn out the newer v6 have plenty of power for burnouts
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I remember someone saying that they couldn't break the tires loose even if they tried? This v6 can definitely lay down 30 ft of rubber easy with the right mods. I wasn't even trying to burnout here and the car laid down rubber until I let off the gas and shifted into second. It got sideway shifting into second to.
My basically stock '14 v6 can lay 100+ feet. Beast mode bud
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If I was trying to do a proper burnout I would have held my foot on the break, brought the revs up to 2500 rpm , than let my foot off the break, floor the car, and than put my foot back on the break to keep the car in place and begin smoking em.

I hit the break for a second after hitting the gas cause there was a squirrel in the road which I ran over but tried not to. The result was this semi burnout and I thought it was pretty cool looking lol

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
My basically stock '14 v6 can lay 100+ feet. Beast mode bud
You have a stick I assume? My cars an automatic
Old 11-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
If I was trying to do a proper burnout I would have held my foot on the break, brought the revs up to 2500 rpm , than let my foot off the break, floor the car, and than put my foot back on the break to keep the car in place and begin smoking em. I hit the break for a second after hitting the gas cause there was a squirrel in the road which I ran over but tried not to. The result was this semi burnout and I thought it was pretty cool looking lol
Just put the brake down a bit and pin it lol. Mines manual so i just dump my clutch
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I was trying to do a proper burnout I would have held my foot on the break, brought the revs up to 2500 rpm , than let my foot off the break, floor the car, and than put my foot back on the break to keep the car in place and begin smoking em.

I hit the break for a second after hitting the gas cause there was a squirrel in the road which I ran over but tried not to. The result was this semi burnout and I thought it was pretty cool looking lol

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

You have a stick I assume? My cars an automatic
nice . poor squirrel lol your car sounds good man
Old 11-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post
nice . poor squirrel lol your car sounds good man
Thanks brother! Im assuming you have a Mach 1. Your Mach I think is one of the loveliest sounding mustangs out there. The 4.6 had a killer, deep, menacing exhaust note. Anything done to it?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Not much done to it yet I put a racing stage 2 clutch in some after market control armsand i just put some wider tires in the back I'm getting a tuner/4.10s/and long tubes in December for a Christmas present to my self lol and maybe a short throw shifter
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Yea the auto v6 is a little harder to lay rubber in since they put that stupid computer to cut power if you try to burnout with the brake on. Manuals are a little easier.

The new V6s are pretty powerful, being able to lay rubber like that is impressive.
But can you lay rubber all the way through 1st gear then most of second gear (why i love torque)?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea the auto v6 is a little harder to lay rubber in since they put that stupid computer to cut power if you try to burnout with the brake on. Manuals are a little easier.

The new V6s are pretty powerful, being able to lay rubber like that is impressive.
But can you lay rubber all the way through 1st gear then most of second gear (why i love torque)?
As a matter of fact I can, and still get a good chirp in third
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Expres View Post
As a matter of fact I can, and still get a good chirp in third

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Yea the auto v6 is a little harder to lay rubber in since they put that stupid computer to cut power if you try to burnout with the brake on. Manuals are a little easier. The new V6s are pretty powerful, being able to lay rubber like that is impressive. But can you lay rubber all the way through 1st gear then most of second gear (why i love torque)?
Did it with my auto and stock 2.73 gearing :p
It shifted into 2nd
I'm pretty sure that was terrible on the transmission...
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea the auto v6 is a little harder to lay rubber in since they put that stupid computer to cut power if you try to burnout with the brake on. Manuals are a little easier. The new V6s are pretty powerful, being able to lay rubber like that is impressive. But can you lay rubber all the way through 1st gear then most of second gear (why i love torque)?
That is only case for 2013 and 14s. There are no problems with 11, 12s
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Nice! What gears do you have?
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberbluedrew View Post
Nice! What gears do you have?
He has 3.31s
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Yea the 11-12 auto v6 will lay rubber down but nothing like this. When my car was stock it would spin for maybe 3-4 revolutions max even when trying to launch at 2500 rpm and get spin. My mods have unleashed the power that Ford took away from this little 3.7 and it pulls like a v8 after shorty headers/catless h pipe.

The power band is so broad...peak power has hit by 3500 rpm and it builds power all the way to 7000 rpm. That's 4500 rpm where the engine is making max power. It might not make huge numbers, but it keeps the power for a huge amount of RPM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang