Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2014 Auto V6 burnout

24K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  randy5128 
#1 ·
I have an auto V6 and been looking around for the right way to do a burnout or is it even possible to do one. If there is already a write up on this please provide link or what is the best way to make my tires smoke?

#2 ·
Why?

With an automatic, stand on the brakes with the left foot while mashing the drive by wire pedal with the right to get the RPM's as high as the limiter will allow, then let off with the left foot.

#3 ·
Traction Control being off helps.

#7 ·
Ford changed the transmission tune on all Mustangs in 2013. Turning off traction control doesn't do any good. The torque management will limit the car to 2,000 rpm if you try to do a brake stand burnout.

You have to get a tune that overrides that system, then turn off TCS and Advance track (step on the brake and hold the TCS button until you get the Advance Track off notice in the message center). Then you can do brake stand burnout.

#9 ·
Best is variable - what are your suspension changes, what tires, how is the track prep, what it is the temperature that day?

On my car with a stock suspension other than HotPart LCA's and a pair of Mickey Thompson drag radials in 275-50x15 with 20lbs of pressure I usually get my best times if I bring it up to 1800 rpm. Sometimes though weather changes or the track prep is different after many passes and I need to go up to 2000 or even drop to 1000 or adjust the tire pressure. Trial and error some days.

#10 ·
Just an FYI, on my 2013 V6 Auto it was entirely stock and next to me on a performance test oval was a 2007 GT. I just put it in Sport mode and when the girl dropped the flag I floored it. No power breaking at all, no tire chirp. The GT guy must have done the same but his tires chirped a little and I was in the lead until the turn at 2/3 mile when I let up to let him pass so I could enjoy doing Apex turns without him near me.

This was not racing as no timing or competition was involved, but just sayin'

#17 ·
I have figured out a way to "bypass" the restrictor on the autos with stock tune..

1.turn traction control off and put car in sport mode and into 3rd gear
2. hit brake and gas at the same time and let the RPM's max out, then quickly drop it all the way into 1st gear (completely skip 2nd gear)...This lets the tires break loose.
3. Let em' burn, you're welcome. :cool:

#18 ·
I have figured out a way to "bypass" the restrictor on the autos with stock tune..

1.turn traction control off and put car in sport mode and into 3rd gear
2. hit brake and gas at the same time and let the RPM's max out, then quickly drop it all the way into 1st gear (completely skip 2nd gear)...This lets the tires break loose.
3. Let em' burn, you're welcome. :cool:
Lol the things ppl will do to show off ;)

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Good info though I guess :D

#25 ·
I guess my thinking has been all wrong for the past 50 plus years.

I have always opted for as much traction as I could get on every car I have ever owned. I like the car to hook up and just plain go.
When using slicks I would use water to get the tires spinning to heat them up at the drag strip but never with street tires.
I had a few cars with what they call a line lock installed to lock the front wheels that made it much easier on the drive train when heating up the slicks.
As far as street tires, All I ask is "WHY"???? Some of these new compound street tires spin way to easy and don't really make noise or smoke much at all. But, they do break loose easy.
Ronnie

#27 ·
DUH !!!!!!!

Ricketkm said:
sounds like it would break something has anyone else tried this ?
I don't think it would be to good on a transmission.
Ronnie

#29 ·
Ricketkm said:

I don't think it would be to good on a transmission.
Ronnie
Nothing we do with our cars is probably "good" for our transmissions..whether is racing, burning out, or tuning our cars. If someone did this on a daily basis i would be concerned with tranny issues, but not if you only do it every once in awhile. Just my $.02. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.