Rear suspension question. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I noticed this morning on the way to work that when I pulled into my parking lot I heard some groaning/ squeaking coming from the rear end over bumps. Then on the way home I turned the radio down and I noticed it quite often every time I went over a bump or uneven pavement. I've had the front lower control arms replace last summer and the sound is quite similar, and every once in awhile I do notice a little clunk. Anyone had any rear suspension issues? Thanks.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

check to see if it's your brakes. I have a 2013 V6 and for some reason my left rear brake squeaks going over bumps and uneven surface. I thought it was suspension sound for the longest time until I used wireless chassis ears and found out the source was from my rear left brake. It was confirmed to be brakes when I did brakes upgrade and changed my entire setup. I am guessing the brakes were trapping brake dusts and making sounds on mine. Not sure if it's the same issue as yours but doesn't hurt for them to check since it's under warranty
crazychink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Wireless chassis ears....is this a microphone of sorts with a wireless speaker that allows a person to listen to sounds as they drive? I like this idea.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
I had a similar thing with my 2013 and had to get the sway bar end links replaced.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Wireless chassis ears....is this a microphone of sorts with a wireless speaker that allows a person to listen to sounds as they drive? I like this idea.
Amazon.com: Steelman (STE97202) Wireless Chassis Ear: Automotive
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I am having the same issue right now on my 2014, annoying squeaky noise when I go over bumps, and according to Ford they didn't hear anything.
ricketkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
I had a similar thing with my 2013 and had to get the sway bar end links replaced.
That's what I'm leaning towards. It goes in Tuesday and it now seems to be an intermittent issue as I didn't notice it yesterday or today.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
:Update:

That's exactly what ford replaced. All seems good. They weren't surprised when I told them the noise in the rear and were quick to say 99% its the sway bar end links. Maybe its a common issue for them on mustangs Idk.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang