delayed acceleration 2014 v6! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #1

Region: Texas
delayed acceleration 2014 v6!

have a 2014 v6 and the acceleration doesnt pick up as fast anymore! could it be an air filter thing or a throttle thing? dont know but its just sluggish to pick up now!
fknneddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by fknneddy View Post
have a 2014 v6 and the acceleration doesnt pick up as fast anymore! could it be an air filter thing or a throttle thing? dont know but its just sluggish to pick up now!
It's the stock tune it is horrendous I have a 13' I got a bama tuner and a hybrid tune the car is a beast now it's a whole different car highly recommend it just say goodbye to your engine warrenty
Salc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
From what I understand---

If you drive around like you don't wanna waste gas for a while the computer will learn your driving habits and all of your slow moving driving style will be remembered to help you not have to think to hard about what you are doing to save gas or just drive slow.

Unhook the battery(negative side) for about fifteen min. and when you hook it back up the computer will start learning again from there.

From then on you need to just drive it and forget about MPG and enjoy the ride. The computer will learn your more aggressive driving and you won't have the sluggish problem any more.

Now, That is what I have read and been told so maybe some brain can clue me in to if this information is correct or just a lot of baloney.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
^^^
This works. There are some guys that pull a fuse to prevent all memory (clock and stuff) from resetting.
It's #47 for resetting the adaptive learning. You could try it for 10-20 minutes with the car off. Less work than an idle reset.

Another "permanent" solution would be to put a relay or switch in-between the fuse leads. I am going to try it and see.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Pulled the fuse...we'll see in 30 minutes when I leave work.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well, it seems to have worked. The car was certainly more responsive. Didn't slush into sixth gear right way with the application of a little throttle.

I will do it again in 500 miles.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #7

did all your lights turn on the dash board??? cause mine did but it wasnt like that before???
Old 11-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
did all your lights turn on the dash board??? cause mine did but it wasnt like that before???
I've pulled fuse #47 many times, always with the car full off. Never bothered to go back inside the car until I put fuse #47 back in and started the car. Never had any Dashboard Light issues doing it that way. I always installed the Fuse #47 back in the box "upside down" so the writing on it would make it easy to spot the next time without a lot of fuse mapping.

Could "Fuse #47" be like "Mombo #9" ?

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #9

so installing the fuse "upside down" would be best than just the way it was???
Old 11-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
It makes no difference to the electricity flowing thru it. It only makes it easy to spot by eye the next time you need to pull it, as the writing will be upside down compared to the rest of the fuses.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Re-read my post. Car off.

Please do NOT take offense to this. Or do, but I am going to type this for your own good.

Before you start touching ANYTHING in your car, learn about what you are doing. I mean actually learn. Search, read, re-read, do research and then ask questions about the stuff you don't understand.

Please. You may inadvertently do damage to your car.

A fuse is merely a link, or bus for electricity to travel. It is not directional in this case. You will need to turn off the vehicle and then pull that fuse for 10 or more minutes. This fuse is for the adaptive learning that the automatic transmissions do. Drive conservatively, it will "learn" to shift that way. This will reset that and the car will "feel" more responsive. Until it relearns how you drive more of the time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang