If I make my 2014 v6 look like a GT500, am i a ricer? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

Region: Virginia
If I make my 2014 v6 look like a GT500, am i a ricer?

I recently bought a black 2014 v6 and I love that thing more than i love myself. And i just dont have enough money to get that Gt500, yet. But the look of it makes me drool everytime i see one on the road. I just want to get the gt500 style wheels, matte black stripes, and spoiler. Id never say my car is a shelby or even a gt. Id tell everyone its just a v6 and will forever be a v6. Would that make me a ricer?
Randy Bear 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: California
No lol do it bro

Just isn't tell people it's a gt500.

Only mustang nerds will know/care if it's a v6 or v8. But it ain't there car anyways. To the other 99% of people it's just a cool car

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Don't
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
There is one guy on here I saw that got the entire body kit to do a gt500 look alike. BUT he did not have no cobra badges on it.

My view is. You can have the look of one but don't be telling everyone it's a gt500. I'm sure you won't. Finally it is your car and you can do what you want with it! Enjoy it while you have it!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Nope. It makes you nothing more or less than a Mustang owner personalizing his ride. Provided you don't do as others have stated and pawn it off as a GT500.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Its your car man, in todays crazy world our stangs make us smile. Whatever makes that smile wider is a good thing.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
As long as you don't put Shelby & GT500 badges on it you are fine.
When you try to pass it off as something it's not, that's when you crossing the line.

I have a 3dCarbon GT500 style spolier on my V6 along with GT upper and lower grilles w/ fog lights. Those were just elements of other Mustangs that I liked and wanted to bring to my own car.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bear 11 View Post
I recently bought a black 2014 v6 and I love that thing more than i love myself. And i just dont have enough money to get that Gt500, yet. But the look of it makes me drool everytime i see one on the road. I just want to get the gt500 style wheels, matte black stripes, and spoiler. Id never say my car is a shelby or even a gt. Id tell everyone its just a v6 and will forever be a v6. Would that make me a ricer?
Dooooo itttt! May I suggest the CDC performance grille as well?

There's a guy in my town who put the GT500 front bumper on his 12 v6 looks good besides having the snake on the grille .. But whatever not my ride so I can still appreciate it
Old 11-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borrowing particular stylistic elements from other models is not ricer at all. But as was mentioned before, just refrain from adding gt500, Shelby, and cobra badges to avoid passing it off as something it's not.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bear 11 View Post
The GT500 looks great, personally I would do everything to make it look like a GT500 minus the cobra badges. Either no badge or keep the ponies, but I would say putting the cobra badges on is a "no no."
Old 11-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
Toy
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Skip the plastic add on's and invest it so that you can get to a 500 quicker. You will only get a fraction of the money back when you sell the car so, use that money as your "500 fund".
Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
In my opinion, as long as you aren't "fake badging" (putting a GT or GT500 or Cobra etc. logo or badge on it) you are well within what is acceptable.
CandyRed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Do it! I did it on my 2013 V6! No Shelby badges! Love it so far!
crazychink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy View Post
Skip the plastic add on's and invest it so that you can get to a 500 quicker. You will only get a fraction of the money back when you sell the car so, use that money as your "500 fund".
I agree here.
As I've gone thru 3 cars and finally own my cobra...
If I had just saved I'd have it a long *** time ago
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #14

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR View Post
As long as you don't put Shelby & GT500 badges on it you are fine. When you try to pass it off as something it's not, that's when you crossing the line. I have a 3dCarbon GT500 style spolier on my V6 along with GT upper and lower grilles w/ fog lights. Those were just elements of other Mustangs that I liked and wanted to bring to my own car.
ooooh yess. I forgot to add that part into my list. Its an amazing looking grille!
Randy Bear 11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang