BBK Shorty Headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
BBK Shorty Headers

I just purchased these last week and I'm curious as to what a fair price to pay a shop to install them is? The cheapest ive gotten a shop down to so far is $260, which i think is still a bit steep..I wasnt really wanting to spend more than $500 in total for them. I don't have the jacks and tools with me where i live right now so i can't install them myself. Also please don't say "Should have gotten LT" No... I want the sound of shorties. Thanks in advance!
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
About 3 1/2- 4 hours labor. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Cheaper than I paid.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
I just purchased these last week and I'm curious as to what a fair price to pay a shop to install them is? The cheapest ive gotten a shop down to so far is $260, which i think is still a bit steep..I wasnt really wanting to spend more than $500 in total for them. I don't have the jacks and tools with me where i live right now so i can't install them myself. Also please don't say "Should have gotten LT" No... I want the sound of shorties. Thanks in advance!
Personally I would try to find other mustang or car people in your area and install them yourselves. That's what I did and it's not that bad of an install just time consuming and tight fits. Because $250-$350 is what you'll usually get at shops.

Also once you get them on you'll love them! It's what I currently have on my car
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
About 3 1/2- 4 hours labor. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Cheaper than I paid.
Alright then, $260 is okay then i guess lol. I was looking for more around $200 but 60 bucks isn't a dealbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Personally I would try to find other mustang or car people in your area and install them yourselves. That's what I did and it's not that bad of an install just time consuming and tight fits. Because $250-$350 is what you'll usually get at shops.

Also once you get them on you'll love them! It's what I currently have on my car
I would like to install them myself but too much comes into play..i probably wont have the time to do it until after thanksgiving..What did you guys use, just jacks and jack stands?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I did mine on Jack stands.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
At least he's honest. He wants the sound. Not looking for HP! He'll be happy.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
At least he's honest. He wants the sound. Not looking for HP! He'll be happy.
I wanted the low to mid range power and very happy with mine.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes just hacks and jack stands. The more people you have to help the easier it'll be.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I love the looks of those BBK shorty's

I don't care if they sound like crap, Reduce power or anything else.
They look great

I think you will be pleased that they will sound good and you will get more low end torque with the BBK shorty headers.

Please send us a picture or two after you get them on your Mustang.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I went ahead and drove down to my friends place yesteray so he could help with the install. These things were an absolute PITA to install!!! I probably wouldn't do a header insall ever again lol. Buuuuuut... WOW! I love these things...I've fallen in love with my exhaust all over again. It gets rid of almost all of the high rpm rasp. There are also noticealble torque gains aswell.. I feel like i get off of the line much faster then before. After having them on, it's a must have on the 6's IMO. It gives our cars torque, which is what the sixers lack in. I'll post some pics later today.. I havent got a chance to get on my home computer to upload any on my profile yet either.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I went ahead and drove down to my friends place yesteray so he could help with the install. These things were an absolute PITA to install!!! I probably wouldn't do a header insall ever again lol. Buuuuuut... WOW! I love these things...I've fallen in love with my exhaust all over again. It gets rid of almost all of the high rpm rasp. There are also noticealble torque gains aswell.. I feel like i get off of the line much faster then before. After having them on, it's a must have on the 6's IMO. It gives our cars torque, which is what the sixers lack in. I'll post some pics later today.. I havent got a chance to get on my home computer to upload any on my profile yet either.
Completely agree. Our cars already have nice top end pull. They need help down low. The bbk shorties give gains were you need it most in the low to mid range.

With a tune for the shorty headers traction becomes an issue. Adding a catless midpipe ties it all together. The car pulls much harder from down low. Only problem is traction is a major issue. I can spin my 245 potenza tires off idle all the way up to 45 mph. It's fun, but it gets annoying when trying to race someone and the power gets lost in smoke.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad you found somewhere to install them!! What exhaust setup are you running? Would love to hear it man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang