Question about factory ship times - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

Region: New Jersey
Question Question about factory ship times

I ordered a 2014 mustang v6 convertible back in mid september. Since then, the dealer keeps pushing back the arrival date. I see they already have the car I ordered at the dealership but as of now they say my car isn't arriving until december. I checked the VIN# and it says it was built 11/11/13 even though the previous arrival dates I was given were 9/30 and 10/28.
I already made a deposit so I'm starting to get nervous. Am I getting d***ed around? How long do cars usually take to get from the factory to the dealership?
ursulaob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Mine took over 3 months from the time it was ordered till I took delivery. I got the same run around as you. Once I got the vin# it took about a month until I had it.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
JDR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I order a lot of new cars through my job. 3-4 weeks from build completion to delivery is typical.
JDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #4

Region: Michigan
It took a month for my car to be shipped 45 minutes from the factory to the dealership. I wish I could have saved the $800 transportation fee and picked it up myself.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulaob View Post
I ordered a 2014 mustang v6 convertible back in mid september. Since then, the dealer keeps pushing back the arrival date. I see they already have the car I ordered at the dealership but as of now they say my car isn't arriving until december. I checked the VIN# and it says it was built 11/11/13 even though the previous arrival dates I was given were 9/30 and 10/28. I already made a deposit so I'm starting to get nervous. Am I getting d***ed around? How long do cars usually take to get from the factory to the dealership?
Damn. I would just tell then forget the deal and say you'll go get a Camaro. Haha. Make them hurry up!!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
On another site, there's a Ford Service rep that handles these types of questions. Contact her at:

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #7

Region: New Jersey
thanks for the replies everyone !
ursulaob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Please don't blame the factory. This is not a build issue. Your dealer (first owner of your car) is a privately owned business and it is run by the owner not the factory. Sounds like your guy is not treating you like he values your business. It takes about a month for the build invoice to process at the factory and to get into the build. Stamping plants only run certain parts when inventory is low, like convertibles. (short runs-a pain in the ***, and costly) You might consider talking with the manager. He may value your future maintenance business.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #9

Region: Washington
We ordered ours in august and it didnt make it to the dealer until nearly the end of October. The plant was shut down for a while to finish mazda 6's. Desha from ford customer service is amazing and can update you better than the dealer. Waiting is a pain for sure.
MCA2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-890836099.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	137925  
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
A lot of things go into building a car. Some things break on the line and can shut down a whole plant. I have seen it many times at the car factory I work at.
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
The logistics in building a car are immense. Some dealers have better deals with the factory than others. They get better pricing and discounts depending on the volume they move. They also get special pricing on select short run models in, short supply. Outside vendors that supply parts are also a huge issue. These small factory's do not keep inventory of materials outside of what they need to fill orders. Thus 2 or more sources for everything is pretty standard in the industry. Somehow all these parts have to come together at one moment to build your car. Seeing that it takes about 6 months for suppliers to get paid, your car was built, delivered, sold and your making payments on it before the factory ever pays one bill to make it! It's called float. The dealer is independent of the factory and in NO way is or represents the factory. He is the first owner of your vehicle and he re sells it to you. Even if new, your the second owner. This could be a book. Sorry for the rant. I lived in this industry for a lifetime. Still no excuse for delayed delivery. I once waited 6 months for a new vehicle.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang