Making decision about gears. 3.55 vs 3.73? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Making decision about gears. 3.55 vs 3.73?

I wanted to ask you guys what the best gear ratio would be best for my 3.7. As of right now I am running a stock 13 v6 with the mt82 and 2.73's. 80% or more of my driving is city. Right now I only average about 8 miles of driving per day. I want to upgrade my gears and run a tune, but I'm not sure which ratio best suits me. I would like to jump to 3.73 but I am afraid they would be too low and jerky for daily driving use- especially if someone else is ever to drive the car. With either gear ratio- do I need to upgrade the driveshaft as it will be spinning much faster? I don't plan on making 140 mph runs, but the potential " dreaded critical speed" is calculated to around 100mph with either gear upgrade. Any thoughts on what ratio is best? Thanks.
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
I don't plan on making 140 mph runs, but the potential " dreaded critical speed" is calculated to around 100mph with either gear upgrade. Any thoughts on what ratio is best? Thanks.
where did you hear that? cause if thats true, i sure am glad that i clicked this thread.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Haha, not necessarily true, but the stock 2 piece shaft has been known for splitting at a certain rpm, mostly happens on dynos but if upgrading to a one piece aluminum shaft makes me sleep better at night then maybe thats the route i would take. And since most of the 2.73 geared cars are having that problem at around 135, then calculations for a 3.73 gear swap would put that critical shaft rpm right around 99.26 mph...
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
i knew the stock ones sucked but i never reallly thought about a higher gearing ratio causing them to explode quicker...sleep well tonight knowing that theres a chance that you may of saved the life of a stang.

as for your question, no idea.lol
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
Haha, not necessarily true, but the stock 2 piece shaft has been known for splitting at a certain rpm, mostly happens on dynos but if upgrading to a one piece aluminum shaft makes me sleep better at night then maybe thats the route i would take. And since most of the 2.73 geared cars are having that problem at around 135, then calculations for a 3.73 gear swap would put that critical shaft rpm right around 99.26 mph...
I just swapped to 3.73 and still have the stock driveshaft. I'm going to change it though. Bad vibration when going over 110ish and it vibrates during deceleration above 85
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post

I just swapped to 3.73 and still have the stock driveshaft. I'm going to change it though. Bad vibration when going over 110ish and it vibrates during deceleration above 85
Are you driving a manual or auto? And how is the driveability with the 3.73's. Is first gear even an option?
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
Are you driving a manual or auto? And how is the driveability with the 3.73's. Is first gear even an option?
Auto and if I put it in 1st won't get you far it shifts at like 35-38 when I floor it
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chandler
Region: Arizona
Posts: 87
3.55 if gas mileage is important, 3.73 for more performance.
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
I have lots of city driving and got the 3.55s. I love them but the steeper you get the more jerky they can be. I've had to be pretty light on the gas to drive smoothly if someone els is in the car but man when you get on it going to 40-45ish in first gear is so quick
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular
 
Cise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 503
how does the 3.55 compare to the 3.31?
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Glendora California
Region: California
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
how does the 3.55 compare to the 3.31?
They both have you shift into 3rd in the 1/8 mile. The the 3.31s only have a little room left in the 1/8th before it's over. And steeper gears will always have faster from a dig acceleration. I don't really know what else to say besides that.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
I wanted to ask you guys what the best gear ratio would be best for my 3.7. As of right now I am running a stock 13 v6 with the mt82 and 2.73's. 80% or more of my driving is city. Right now I only average about 8 miles of driving per day. I want to upgrade my gears and run a tune, but I'm not sure which ratio best suits me. I would like to jump to 3.73 but I am afraid they would be too low and jerky for daily driving use- especially if someone else is ever to drive the car. With either gear ratio- do I need to upgrade the driveshaft as it will be spinning much faster? I don't plan on making 140 mph runs, but the potential " dreaded critical speed" is calculated to around 100mph with either gear upgrade. Any thoughts on what ratio is best? Thanks.
I have 3:73 gears on my 11 V6 and love them however I do have an automatic and not a manual. I also have a one piece aluminium driveshaft which I purchased from American Muscle. You don't need the one piece aluminum driveshaft but it is sweet. Quicker acceleration from a dead stop because less rotational mass. Speeds of 100 mph on stock driveshaft are fine.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Prescott
Region: Arizona
Posts: 274
I have a 3.55 gear in my 2012 with MT82. First gear is over, right now. The 4.23 first really brings on the RPM fast. Goes 2.059 in the 60' on stock tires! The gear change will make the car a lot more fun. This engine doesn't make any steam till 3500 and this helps a bunch. Aluminum driveshaft is next on my list. It won't solve the vibration issue completely. Does help though. More about safety. 3.73 if you see a 28" tire in your future. Have fun.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
I have a 3.55 gear in my 2012 with MT82. First gear is over, right now. The 4.23 first really brings on the RPM fast. Goes 2.059 in the 60' on stock tires! The gear change will make the car a lot more fun. This engine doesn't make any steam till 3500 and this helps a bunch. Aluminum driveshaft is next on my list. It won't solve the vibration issue completely. Does help though. More about safety. 3.73 if you see a 28" tire in your future. Have fun.
What vibrations are you referring too? I only ask because I have no vibration issue in my v6. Vibration free at 65, 80, 100 and even 140 mph.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
I have a 3.55 gear in my 2012 with MT82. First gear is over, right now. The 4.23 first really brings on the RPM fast. Goes 2.059 in the 60' on stock tires! The gear change will make the car a lot more fun. This engine doesn't make any steam till 3500 and this helps a bunch. Aluminum driveshaft is next on my list. It won't solve the vibration issue completely. Does help though. More about safety. 3.73 if you see a 28" tire in your future. Have fun.
I think I may stick to 3.55 then. Is it possible to stick with the stock driveshaft if I do this swap? Especially if i Maybe do an occasional 1/4 mile run?
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post

I think I may stick to 3.55 then. Is it possible to stick with the stock driveshaft if I do this swap? Especially if i Maybe do an occasional 1/4 mile run?
You don't need a one piece aluminum driveshaft because of 3;55, 3:73, 4:10 or any gear ratio. You can 1/4 mile track race all year long with the two piece. The aluminium driveshaft is gonna give you faster launches and acceleration over the stock two piece but its not needed. The aluminium driveshaft is great if you get a case of the a$$ and want to travel 145 mph in your v6.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

You don't need a one piece aluminum driveshaft because of 3;55, 3:73, 4:10 or any gear ratio. You can 1/4 mile track race all year long with the two piece. The aluminium driveshaft is gonna give you faster launches and acceleration over the stock two piece but its not needed. The aluminium driveshaft is great if you get a case of the a$$ and want to travel 145 mph in your v6.
Thank you. The two piece shaft has been known to split at a certain shaft rpm. Which is reached at a lower speed with upgraded gears. So going 135mph is roughly equivalent to 100 with 3.73s. So I may want to swap for piece of mind but it is expensive.
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post

Thank you. The two piece shaft has been known to split at a certain shaft rpm. Which is reached at a lower speed with upgraded gears. So going 135mph is roughly equivalent to 100 with 3.73s. So I may want to swap for piece of mind but it is expensive.
Well, if 100 mph is the equivalent of 135 mph while having 3:73 gears then I'm darn glad I got me a one piece aluminum driveshaft. Lol. A must must have then.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
13BlackStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toledo
Region: Ohio
Posts: 55
I'd go 3.55. Check out comments on American Muscle's site for v6 gears. Customer testimonials are always the best. I think w/ 3.55 you get the best of both worlds (mpg/ quick acc).
13BlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Prescott
Region: Arizona
Posts: 274
The aluminum shaft is just for safety reasons, for myself. 7000+ shifts into 3rd can be hit or miss. I race a lot. Going to a Hoosier drag radial. The vibration issue is built into the car. My guess is the China MT82 trans or clutch out of balance. Do auto guy's have the same issue? There is a huge 9lb. slug of metal in the rear portion of your two piece driveshaft for a reason. It doesn't have anything to do with shaft strength. Driveshaft shop has a nice write up on this issue. Mine vibrates when I'm in deceleration. This is not good but, unique to the Mustang. A major FORD f___ up. 3.55s are a nice compromise.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
The aluminum shaft is just for safety reasons, for myself. 7000+ shifts into 3rd can be hit or miss. I race a lot. Going to a Hoosier drag radial. The vibration issue is built into the car. My guess is the China MT82 trans or clutch out of balance. Do auto guy's have the same issue? There is a huge 9lb. slug of metal in the rear portion of your two piece driveshaft for a reason. It doesn't have anything to do with shaft strength. Driveshaft shop has a nice write up on this issue. Mine vibrates when I'm in deceleration. This is not good but, unique to the Mustang. A major FORD f___ up. 3.55s are a nice compromise.
I had no vibrations when had factory driveshaft but maybe my auto had something to do with that.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I had no vibrations when had factory driveshaft but maybe my auto had something to do with that.
I had vibration at around 2300 rpms while decelerating only. Eliminated or reduced below what I can feel after putting in my aluminum DS from AM. Mines standard shift of course, not auto.
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #23
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post

I had vibration at around 2300 rpms while decelerating only. Eliminated or reduced below what I can feel after putting in my aluminum DS from AM. Mines standard shift of course, not auto.
Then I think I should Probably spring for the new DS. But I'm thinking if I do buy the new shaft- should I go straight to 3.73s? Or will a 93 street or hybrid tune with 3.55s be enough of an upgrade?
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
Then I think I should Probably spring for the new DS. But I'm thinking if I do buy the new shaft- should I go straight to 3.73s? Or will a 93 street or hybrid tune with 3.55s be enough of an upgrade?
Go straight to 3:73 gears bro. Heck do 4:10's but no less than 3:73 gears. You will love them.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarinak View Post
I wanted to ask you guys what the best gear ratio would be best for my 3.7. As of right now I am running a stock 13 v6 with the mt82 and 2.73's. 80% or more of my driving is city. Right now I only average about 8 miles of driving per day. I want to upgrade my gears and run a tune, but I'm not sure which ratio best suits me. I would like to jump to 3.73 but I am afraid they would be too low and jerky for daily driving use- especially if someone else is ever to drive the car. With either gear ratio- do I need to upgrade the driveshaft as it will be spinning much faster? I don't plan on making 140 mph runs, but the potential " dreaded critical speed" is calculated to around 100mph with either gear upgrade. Any thoughts on what ratio is best? Thanks.
most people are going to say go with 3.73s
I say go with 3.55s or 3.31s
I don't allways do highway driving. but when I do I'm turning 2.5k rpm. at 70 mph... and that's pretty annoying to me.
I used to turn that much at 100 mph...

also, as far as high speed runs.
I've got 3.55s and a shorter tire.
I ran a 130 (at the track) with no vibration.
I backed off when I got a bit faster, because I started to pick up on some vibration...

so that magical 135 that everyone was talking about... is definitely not with 2.73 gearing
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
I've heard 3.55's aren't worth the money.. Maybe that's just on new edges
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
most people are going to say go with 3.73s I say go with 3.55s or 3.31s I don't allways do highway driving. but when I do I'm turning 2.5k rpm. at 70 mph... and that's pretty annoying to me. I used to turn that much at 100 mph... also, as far as high speed runs. I've got 3.55s and a shorter tire. I ran a 130 (at the track) with no vibration. I backed off when I got a bit faster, because I started to pick up on some vibration... so that magical 135 that everyone was talking about... is definitely not with 2.73 gearing
i know we have different years and stuff but with my 4.10 I'm at 2.5k at 65mph
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Although I have 3.73s myself, I would suggest 3.55s or 3.31s unless you are wanting to take your car to the track. The track is what I'm getting into, so I'm very happy with my 3.73s. I also love the hybrid tune on 93 octane -- but only during autocross season. On the street, mpg is far inferior to stock 2.73 manual. I was getting up to 32 mpg on the highway with conservative driving, no tune and 2.73s. Driving the same way my best on the highway is 26 mpg. On the interstate at 70-75 mpg I lose 1-2 mpg. I'm okay with this because that's the sacrifice you make for weekend fun. Weather permitting. I also lose 1-2 mpg while on the hybrid tune. My mustang is not my long trip car.

However, if you don't plan on taking your car to the track, I would not suggest 3.73s for you. 3.55s won't make as big a dent in your mpg but will still be quite spirited on the street. 3.31s are close to the same and have the advantage that you will not necessarily have to spring for a tune. And they are still nicely spirited, a good step up from 2.73s. Also Ford can calibrate your car's computer to account for 3.31s, but they do not provide a program for any gears deeper than 3.31s.

As for a one-piece drive shaft, yes I have one. I don't regret it one bit, but of course I expect my car to be on the track come spring again on Driving Experience days sponsored by my Mustang Club as well as autocross. I believe in safety first and since my DS will be rotating much higher with my 3.73s than with the stock 2.73s, it simply made sense to me that I should replace it. HOWEVER, if you aren't going to track it, you don't need the one-piece. Save your money for even more interesting mods if you like. Don't plan to do high speed driving on roads -- I'd like to think you want to keep your license so you can continue to enjoy your mustang.

I suggest all these things above because I want to help a fellow enthusiast enjoy their car. We all drive differently, so please consider your use first. That way hopefully you won't find yourself disappointed later.
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post
Although I have 3.73s myself, I would suggest 3.55s or 3.31s unless you are wanting to take your car to the track. The track is what I'm getting into, so I'm very happy with my 3.73s. I also love the hybrid tune on 93 octane -- but only during autocross season. On the street, mpg is far inferior to stock 2.73 manual. I was getting up to 32 mpg on the highway with conservative driving, no tune and 2.73s. Driving the same way my best on the highway is 26 mpg. On the interstate at 70-75 mpg I lose 1-2 mpg. I'm okay with this because that's the sacrifice you make for weekend fun. Weather permitting. I also lose 1-2 mpg while on the hybrid tune. My mustang is not my long trip car.

However, if you don't plan on taking your car to the track, I would not suggest 3.73s for you. 3.55s won't make as big a dent in your mpg but will still be quite spirited on the street. 3.31s are close to the same and have the advantage that you will not necessarily have to spring for a tune. And they are still nicely spirited, a good step up from 2.73s. Also Ford can calibrate your car's computer to account for 3.31s, but they do not provide a program for any gears deeper than 3.31s.

As for a one-piece drive shaft, yes I have one. I don't regret it one bit, but of course I expect my car to be on the track come spring again on Driving Experience days sponsored by my Mustang Club as well as autocross. I believe in safety first and since my DS will be rotating much higher with my 3.73s than with the stock 2.73s, it simply made sense to me that I should replace it. HOWEVER, if you aren't going to track it, you don't need the one-piece. Save your money for even more interesting mods if you like. Don't plan to do high speed driving on roads -- I'd like to think you want to keep your license so you can continue to enjoy your mustang.

I suggest all these things above because I want to help a fellow enthusiast enjoy their car. We all drive differently, so please consider your use first. That way hopefully you won't find yourself disappointed later.
I don't track my car and love my 3:73 gears for street use. I think its an amazing gear for our 3.7's .
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
4.10s ftw! I have that combined with a SC. I get 20 mpg. traction issues is all. go big or go home
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
4.10s ftw! I have that combined with a SC. I get 20 mpg. traction issues is all. go big or go home
4:10's work too. Lol.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
in all honesty either 3.73 or 4.10s IMO. don't go any lower
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
4.10s ftw! I have that combined with a SC. I get 20 mpg. traction issues is all. go big or go home
You running 4.10s on an mt82? I've been considering it... Bolts ons and a tune might get into 12s with 4.10s I'm thinking
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #34
Registered User
Newbie
 
smarinak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Delray
Region: Florida
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
You running 4.10s on an mt82? I've been considering it... Bolts ons and a tune might get into 12s with 4.10s I'm thinking
I think with that plus the right tires and a good driver youd be sub-13 for sure. Im not necessarily looking for specific times etc. My biggest concern with lower gears like 3.73s would be how the ride would be with passenger, ie too jerky
smarinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I blew my trans with nitrous so I have one out of a ford raptor and I have exedy clutch flywheel etc.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

Ellie

Zhim

Sally

StackeStang
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



03:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.