can I run just lowering springs with no issue? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
can I run just lowering springs with no issue?

Im wanting to fill in my wheel gap what springs should I go with and ca. I just get springs and not have any issues
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
Im wanting to fill in my wheel gap what springs should I go with and ca. I just get springs and not have any issues
All depends on what kind of drop you want. Everyone says that you are fine on stock struts and shocks with a 1.5 drop but that's the maximum that's recommended on your car. You might have to get camber bolts to realign the car and anything more then a 1.5 is panhard among other suspension upgrades.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
you'll be fine

your stock struts will wear prematurely and then you change them at that time
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I did a 1.5 and I def needed a panhard bar. The shift was pretty noticeable before I adjusted the new one. I will say it was super easy doing shock/struts and springs all at once, among other things. If the budget doesn't allow all the other things I would still try and squeeze the panhard in.
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I have been on sportlines for 14k miles with no issues. I would suggest a panhard bar! I worry that I don't have one and something will go wrong.
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Any suggestions on which panhard bar to buy and why? There are so many to choose from on AM. Going cheapest or most expensive are not good guide lines to go by and am interested in the technical and build reputation quality.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So how far would you say I could go with a pan hard bar?
Or would the 1.5 be the lowest I could go ?
Thanks for the all the inputs !
Old 11-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Any suggestions on which panhard bar to buy and why? There are so many to choose from on AM. Going cheapest or most expensive are not good guide lines to go by and am interested in the technical and build reputation quality.
Pick whatever spring you want and go with that same company's pan hard, lca, all that so you're not mixing and matching suspension. It won't play well together. I personally am getting an eibach handling package but I am not a fan of their LCA. I like bmr's due to them being box welded so it's stronger and less wheel hop.

SR is cheap. But idk if that's a good cheap or a bad cheap. I like eibach because my dad has them on his 72 chevelle and that thing rides like a brand new car. He has an all eibach system. If you really want to, get steeda. They make and work directly with ford so there is no guess work.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

@WhiteLightening:
Thanks for the advise. I was also thinking of staying with the same manufacturer for the springs and panhard bar. You read my mind when you mentioned Steeda and for the reasons you pointed out. I had just added them to my build list just before you responded. Thanks again
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I have the BMR panhard bar. I'd recommend if if you are going to adjust it yourself. Some designs are hard to adjust without a lift because of placement of the adjusting bolts.

When speaking to Kelley at BMR he mentioned being careful about pinion angle causing a leaky seal at the differential. From what I've read 1" lower is usually safe but more than that you should check your angle to be sure you don't need adjustable control arms.

You can have the alignment shop add the camber bolts at the time of alignment if you need them (be sure they have them or bring your own). I used BMR springs rated at 1" drop (1.5" actual front) and could tell I needed them visually.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
I have the BMR panhard bar. I'd recommend if if you are going to adjust it yourself. Some designs are hard to adjust without a lift because of placement of the adjusting bolts.

When speaking to Kelley at BMR he mentioned being careful about pinion angle causing a leaky seal at the differential. From what I've read 1" lower is usually safe but more than that you should check your angle to be sure you don't need adjustable control arms.

You can have the alignment shop add the camber bolts at the time of alignment if you need them (be sure they have them or bring your own). I used BMR springs rated at 1" drop (1.5" actual front) and could tell I needed them visually.
The Steeda springs I'm looking at have a 1.25" drop in the front and a 1.5" drop in the rear. I'll keep the camber bolts in mind when it's time to drop this bad boy. Thanks for the advise
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Camber bolts. Panhard bar. Springs. Post-alighment.

1.5+ drop - Camber plates. Panhard bar. Springs. Post-alignment.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I ran my S&R springs just like that for almost a year
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I ran my S&R springs just like that for almost a year
With no issues?
What made u change from that setup?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With no issues?
What made u change from that setup?
Nope just had it realigned thats all. The back end will sway to the right. U can buy a panhard bar to fix it.

I still have them but now I upgraded to some koni shocks n struts and a adj panhard bar

If u want to lower and spend the least way to do it then just buy the springs and adj panhard bar ur shocks will be fine as long as its only 1.5' drop max
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Cool thats what ill do then . Thanks guys
Old 11-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #17

I was running sport lines until my kidneys couldn't handle it anymore. I had the eibach shocks and struts installed. Would have been cheaper if I bought the kit all at once and had it installed
Falvarez12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you can o springs...
but the thing with suspension is that it's recommended to do it almost all at once..
Because when you change one thing, you throw something else out of whack..
so you'll change that piece to compensate. and then you'll need another peice... and the list is endless
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #19

Agreed buy the kit, you get more benefits of everything done at once
Falvarez12001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang