Help!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #36

Region: Texas
They just fixed it and told me that the cars computer was messed up so they reprogrammed it and the keys as well! So it's running now but I'm going to call ford and tell them the issues I'm having and the factory defect so they should pay it off an if not lemon law is getting filed! And hopefully a 5.0 is coming my way!

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Even though the car is in the shop does NOT mean you can just stop paying for it. Whatever company lent you the $$$$ wants their payment. The finance company is not the dealer (Not even FORD CREDIT) If you don't make your payment you will not only kill your credit but they will reposes your car and you will lose everything you put into it. And still have bad credit and no car at all I don't think that they can rent you a car at 17 years old. Ronnie

well I drove a car today at 17 without an adult to sign it off! Lol
Mustangriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangriding View Post
They just fixed it and told me that the cars computer was messed up so they reprogrammed it and the keys as well! So it's running now but I'm going to call ford and tell them the issues I'm having and the factory defect so they should pay it off an if not lemon law is getting filed! And hopefully a 5.0 is coming my way![COLOR="Silver"]
First, if they fixed it then you no longer have a lemon law claim.

Second, are you seriously saying that you have a defects so you expect Ford to "pay it off" and let you keep the car?

IF you have a lemon law claim then what they do is buy the car back from you. But that doesn't mean that you are free and clear - because you will only get whatever is left after they pay the lien first. The loan that you took out still has to be paid.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You got me confused.

You say:
Quote:
well I drove a car today at 17 without an adult to sign it off! Lol
Why would they give you a rental/loaner car if they fixed yours?
Just wondering.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
First, if they fixed it then you no longer have a lemon law claim. Second, are you seriously saying that you have a defects so you expect Ford to "pay it off" and let you keep the car? IF you have a lemon law claim then what they do is buy the car back from you. But that doesn't mean that you are free and clear - because you will only get whatever is left after they pay the lien first. The loan that you took out still has to be paid.
Actually you can still claim a lemon law and I said nothing about keeping my car... Idk where in the hell you got that but yea anyways when you file for a lemon law case they will pay the car off totally and have it shipped back to the ford plant it was assembled at... Also filing a lemon law is if the car has been in the shop the first 12 months or 12000 miles 2 for the same reason if they fixed it or not. The factory defect should've been detected by the fords 160 point check or whatever they call it. So that's fords fault. They will fix that, that's just a minor thing.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Quote:
You say: Why would they give you a rental/loaner car if they fixed yours? Just wondering. Ronnie
For the factory defect on my fender they said it would take about 4-5 days and that is my only vehicle.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Id stop paying till they got it running like it should. If they threaten you just tell em nicely you'll return the car to the show floor, inside, through that big nice piece of glass.
Sure then the bank repos the car, sells it cheap and sues you for the deficiency balance. Great idea.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Sure then the bank repos the car, sells it cheap and sues you for the deficiency balance. Great idea.
Not very smart to not pay because the car is the banks! Not yours and not fords!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:53 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Even though the car is in the shop does NOT mean you can just stop paying for it. Whatever company lent you the $$$$ wants their payment. The finance company is not the dealer (Not even FORD CREDIT) If you don't make your payment you will not only kill your credit but they will reposes your car and you will lose everything you put into it. And still have bad credit and no car at all

I don't think that they can rent you a car at 17 years old.

Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Reminds me of my ex when she threatened not to pay the utility bills in our house (that she was living in). Fine with me ....they were in her name so not much of a threat.

Telling the dealer you aren't going to pay is a "so what" also. They were already paid by whoever financed the sale. The lender will simply repossess the car, sell it, and go after you for any remaining balance.
True,,

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
I forgot to mention, then start a new life ;}„„ yeah its a sure backfire plan

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote:

Not very smart to not pay because the car is the banks! Not yours and not fords!
Oh uh what mustang¿
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #43

Quote:
True,, ---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ---------- I forgot to mention, then start a new life ;}„„ yeah its a sure backfire plan ---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ---------- Oh uh what mustang¿
Anyone who has their mustang financed... Lol
Old 11-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
A lot of people have their Mustangs financed. Ours are running great!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
A lot of people have their Mustangs financed. Ours are running great!
I was just replying to not paying for your vehicle won't work because the vehicle is the banks.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cough cough, hide it ×}
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Cough cough, hide it ×}
That's not a bad idea:}. He he he
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #48
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Really? This is what a 17 year old (or anyone) should do? "stop payments", "hide it"?

I hope the OP (or others reading this) have more common sense then to listen to these suggestions.

First, as you have been told, the lean holder is not involved with the repair problems. If there is an issue with the repair, not paying your loan will do nothing in getting the repair resolved, as they are two seperate entities. Even if you used Ford credit, they are not directly linked with each other. You will only damage your credit by not making payments.

Second, now that the car is repaired (?), the fault will have to happen again in order to file for a lemon law. You drove it off the lot, which basically means you have accepted the repair. If this SAME fault happens again, you can file a lemon law. As you have already been informed by others here, a lemon law means that if you are found to be the winner of the case, the car goes back to the dealer, and you would get your money back that you put into it (payments, any trade in or down payment you made). You walk away from the deal. Unfortunately, if a car was traded in, that is most likely gone, so it's trade in value you recieved would be paid to you.

So, I would not recommend you "stop payments", or "hide your car". This will only damage your credit; something you are going to need to purchase a house, rent an apartment, buy another car, etc. Talk with your parents on this issue. They are wise on these matters, I'm sure.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Dang bucko taking the joke advice a little to serious I see
{Never Enough HP}
Old 12-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Dang bucko taking the joke advice a little to serious I see
Yeah he can sometimes be quite the krabby patty....but we are all guilty of that every once in awhile.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #51
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Call me whatever, just don't call me late for lunch.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Jaja lunch always needs to be on time. Any food at this point for that matter
{Never Enough HP}

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang