Help!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Help!!!!

So I bought a 2014 mustang v6 just at the beginning of September and ever since then my cars been in the shop! Like a week or two ago it got cold and started acting up and making some weird screeching noises so I took it in and they said it's fine so I was like alright whatever keep going with it. So today I get out of school and it was really cold again so I sit in the car and try to crank it and nothing. So I called roadside and they got me towing for free and I took it to ford again.. So now they are telling me that the computer is screwed up and is showing up all these weird signs like check engine and check charging system and flat tire and all sorts of stuff! The mechanic up there told me that he has never seen this before in any mustang! I'm just wondering if it's just me or is there more people having difficult times with their stang! Even though it gives me hell I love that thing worth a passion!
Mustangriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Hmm. Seems like new '13s and '14s are coming out of the factory with these strange problems. Quality control isn't doing their job IMO.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sounds like you just got a bad one. They should take care of it with warranty though.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #4

Yea warranty is taking care of everything it's just that It's my only car and I'm paying for it and can't drive it and enjoy it like I would like too!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Hmm. Seems like new '13s and '14s are coming out of the factory with these strange problems. Quality control isn't doing their job IMO.
I know sir it's ridiculous how a 2014.. Brand new! I just passed 2300 miles is messing up! I just don't know what to think about ford anymore!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #5

Region: Tennessee
Hang in there and make them get it right. I have a 2012 and it gets on my nerves sometimes, but it's like a pretty women! I can't seem to leave it's BEHIND.
trustyrusty436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
Hang in there and make them get it right. I have a 2012 and it gets on my nerves sometimes, but it's like a pretty women! I can't seem to leave it's BEHIND.
Yes sir I see where you're going with this! I just want to see it in my driveway instead of a tow truck! But you're definently right about them women I'm the same way! Haha
Old 11-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Id stop paying till they got it running like it should. If they threaten you just tell em nicely you'll return the car to the show floor, inside, through that big nice piece of glass.
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Id stop paying till they got it running like it should. If they threaten you just tell em nicely you'll return the car to the show floor, inside, through that big nice piece of glass.
Always good to push off some steam, but it does not sound like they are "threatening" the OP.

What you can do is politly inform them that this is the second attempt at repairing the Mustang. Check your state for lemon laws. In most states, a dealership gets 3 trys to correct a problem before you are allowed to file a lemon law act. Let them know (politely) that you intend to do so if the repair is not satisfactory after 3 (or whatever it is in your state) visits.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #9

Quote:
yea I told my service advisor that if it's not fixed this time I'm going to talk to the guy in charge because I don't think he has anything to do with that.. Right?

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Always good to push off some steam, but it does not sound like they are "threatening" the OP. What you can do is politly inform them that this is the second attempt at repairing the Mustang. Check your state for lemon laws. In most states, a dealership gets 3 trys to correct a problem before you are allowed to file a lemon law act. Let them know (politely) that you intend to do so if the repair is not satisfactory after 3 (or whatever it is in your state) visits.
so when you say "them" who do I talk to?
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Always good to push off some steam, but it does not sound like they are "threatening" the OP.

What you can do is politly inform them that this is the second attempt at repairing the Mustang. Check your state for lemon laws. In most states, a dealership gets 3 trys to correct a problem before you are allowed to file a lemon law act. Let them know (politely) that you intend to do so if the repair is not satisfactory after 3 (or whatever it is in your state) visits.
I was saying threatening after stop payment. Not right now for no reason. And as to threat I meant it as the great saying, "due to lack of payment by such date we will pick up the vehicle" something along those lines.

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangriding View Post
yea I told my service advisor that if it's not fixed this time I'm going to talk to the guy in charge because I don't think he has anything to do with that.. Right?

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

so when you say "them" who do I talk to?
Not sure what the service advisor does but at steelerships there's usually about a thousand departments and nobody ever knows anything
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
I was saying threatening after stop payment. Not right now for no reason. And as to threat I meant it as the great saying, "due to lack of payment by such date we will pick up the vehicle" something along those lines. ---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ---------- Not sure what the service advisor does but at steelerships there's usually about a thousand departments and nobody ever knows anything
I know it's ridiculous sir! They all get paid for something they can't not know what they do!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

And yes be polite, to a point. You can tell when they start giving less of a crap cause its a return trip,, start the war then

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote:

I know it's ridiculous sir! They all get paid for something they can't not know what they do!
I think it all comes down to them being either idiots or morons
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Ask to speak to the service manager. Explain to he/she that you are looking into opening a lemon law action. If he/she does not provide the information required to start this, ast to speak to the dealership manager. You can also request to speak to the regional service manager; the dealerships service manager will provide you with this number.

Again, in this situation, being polite will work best. Refrain from name calling, verbal abuse, and swearing. This way you remain in the right.

At this point, I'd be investigating the lemon laws in your state. It's as easy as using google: just enter "lemon laws for <your state here>" in the browsing window of google.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Ask to speak to the service manager. Explain to he/she that you are looking into opening a lemon law action. If he/she does not provide the information required to start this, ast to speak to the dealership manager. You can also request to speak to the regional service manager; the dealerships service manager will provide you with this number. Again, in this situation, being polite will work best. Refrain from name calling, verbal abuse, and swearing. This way you remain in the right. At this point, I'd be investigating the lemon laws in your state. It's as easy as using google: just enter "lemon laws for <your state here>" in the browsing window of google.
I looked it up and it says if it is the same problem twice in 12 months or 12000 miles you are able to file for lemon law
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I looked it up and it says if it is the same problem twice in 12 months or 12000 miles you are able to file for lemon law
They may try to indicate that the faults have been unrelated, especially if it goes to arbitration. However, this is a serious black mark against Ford, and the dealership itself, so if you mention your intentions of filing a lemon law, I'm betting you'll get their attention.

I'm thinking you will be treated differently now (for the good).
Old 11-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
They may try to indicate that the faults have been unrelated, especially if it goes to arbitration. However, this is a serious black mark against Ford, and the dealership itself, so if you mention your intentions of filing a lemon law, I'm betting you'll get their attention. I'm thinking you will be treated differently now (for the good).
But the thing is that there is already a factory default on my car and I told them yesterday when I took it to the shop and they said that they have to take it to the body shop to see what they could do about it! Like my passenger quarter fender is welded to the thing that holds the window in place. It's like a spot weld! Will they have to fix that too? If it's under warranty?
Old 11-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Anything thats a "defect" will be covered under warranty. If another 2014 Mustang with the same options, or model as yours is not the same way, then it can be considered "defective".

Not sure what you meand by "passenger quarter fender is welded to the thing that holds the window in place".
Old 11-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Anything thats a "defect" will be covered under warranty. If another 2014 Mustang with the same options, or model as yours is not the same way, then it can be considered "defective". Not sure what you meand by "passenger quarter fender is welded to the thing that holds the window in place".

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1118063212.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	138419

There is a spot weld right there welding those two pieces together. It's not on any other stang but mine!
Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Then you have a valid complaint that they will have to deal with. I would agree with you on this. Some will notice that and think the car was in an accident, and could tarnish it's value.

My wife owned a BMW M3 some time ago; it went in for it's "free maintenance" one weekend. When we went to pick it up, there was a scratch about 3 inches long in the clearcoat, and into the base coat that was not there when we left it (BMW always does a "walk around" with you and your car (I do this with any car I drop off for work at a service center with the service rep). They (the BMW dealership) of course corrected it, but a year later when we went to trade it in (same dealership), the sales manager noticed it in the sunlight when doing his apprasal, and said he would be knocking off $750.00 off it's trade-in value because of the "re-spray"! I did all I could do to remain calm, and informed him that his dealership was responsible for the scratch when it was in for maintenance. He smiled, appologized, and removed the deduction.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Then you have a valid complaint that they will have to deal with. I would agree with you on this. Some will notice that and think the car was in an accident, and could tarnish it's value. My wife owned a BMW M3 some time ago; it went in for it's "free maintenance" one weekend. When we went to pick it up, there was a scratch about 3 inches long in the clearcoat, and into the base coat. They (the BMW dealership) of course fixed it, but a year later when we went to trade it in (same dealership), the sales manager noticed it in the sunlight, and said he would be knocking off $750.00 off it's trade-in value because of the "re-spray"! I did all I could do to remain calm, and informed him that his dealership was responsible for the scratch when it was in for maintenance. He smiled, appologized, and removed the deduction.
I would've went crazy! Congrats on keeping calm! And yea I thought the same thing. It could've been in a wreck at the factory and they just pulled the dent and spot welded it to keep the shape... What do you think about that?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

It's too bad you did not notice this when you bought it; I'll bet you'll be more observant on your next purchase for sure. We all learn from these types of purchases; my dad called this "wisdom", something we learn from experience and getting older.

Let us know how it goes. It does sound from your posts that the dealership is working with you to resolve. This is a good thing, so I'd suggest you keep this good communication going with them.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #22

Quote:
It's too bad you did not notice this when you bought it; I'll bet you'll be more observant on your next purchase for sure. We all learn from these types of purchases; my dad called this "wisdom", something we learn from experience and getting older. Let us know how it goes. It does sound from your posts that the dealership is working with you to resolve. This is a good thing, so I'd suggest you keep this good communication going with them.
Yes sir I've been contacting them since 11 this morning but the director still hasn't called me back I might stop by there on the way to work to have a 1 on 1 with him. Maybe he'll take this more serious!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Totally, in person is always best

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote:
It's too bad you did not notice this when you bought it; I'll bet you'll be more observant on your next purchase for sure. We all learn from these types of purchases; my dad called this "wisdom", something we learn from experience and getting older.

Let us know how it goes. It does sound from your posts that the dealership is working with you to resolve. This is a good thing, so I'd suggest you keep this good communication going with them.
Wise man, I know ill be more alert on my.next buy
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They should provide you with a car to use

As soon as they told you they don't know what the hell is wrong you should have asked for a car to use while they trial and error your repair. They are very lucky they did not try something like that with me. Even a piece of junk off of the used car lot would probably be way better then walking or taking a bus.

Stupid idiot service manager would rather lose a customer then do the right thing. I think that if you take 1,000 service managers among all car dealers you would probably find 100 decent one's that know their stuff. The rest are stupid idiots that only throw part afrer part until the car runs.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
As soon as they told you they don't know what the hell is wrong you should have asked for a car to use while they trial and error your repair. They are very lucky they did not try something like that with me. Even a piece of junk off of the used car lot would probably be way better then walking or taking a bus.

Stupid idiot service manager would rather lose a customer then do the right thing. I think that if you take 1,000 service managers among all car dealers you would probably find 100 decent one's that know their stuff. The rest are stupid idiots that only throw part afrer part until the car runs.

Ronnie
Sounds like the diesel mechanic in town
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Pretty hard to see your car from the inside of a jail cell.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

The clutch slipped ×]

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:

Wear slippers too. When asked why you wore slippers you just simply reply, "I didn't know there was a specific set of hoof protectors I had to wear“.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh oh oh and well you can always have a friend park it outside •}
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
As soon as they told you they don't know what the hell is wrong you should have asked for a car to use while they trial and error your repair. They are very lucky they did not try something like that with me. Even a piece of junk off of the used car lot would probably be way better then walking or taking a bus. Stupid idiot service manager would rather lose a customer then do the right thing. I think that if you take 1,000 service managers among all car dealers you would probably find 100 decent one's that know their stuff. The rest are stupid idiots that only throw part afrer part until the car runs. Ronnie
Damn I didn't know that they are supposed to do that! Would they do it even if I'm only 17? Because my mom is the consigned of my car but I pay for it so does she have to sign off on the rental too?

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote:
The clutch slipped ×] ---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ---------- Wear slippers too. When asked why you wore slippers you just simply reply, "I didn't know there was a specific set of hoof protectors I had to wear“. ---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ---------- Oh oh oh and well you can always have a friend park it outside •}
Yea not paying will just screw my credit and start troubles with my bank..... Haha
Old 11-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn I didn't know that they are supposed to do that! Would they do it even if I'm only 17? Because my mom is the consigned of my car but I pay for it so does she have to sign off on the rental too?

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Yea not paying will just screw my credit and start troubles with my bank..... Haha
Credit is just another crap term put on us to do what they want. What happen to being a man, giving your word, shaking on it. Tell em how is it fair for me to pay when my car isn't right¿ (al though your paying the bank and not them) still your a customer and need to be treated as such
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #30

My mom had a 2012 buick about 6 months after she had it she had problems that they couldnt figure out. It stayed in the shop about 1 month and 1/2. She went in and talked to the manager of the dealership and told them she shouldnt have to pay for something she couldnt drive. She was nice about it and they ended up paying her car payment for 2 months for the trouble.
cmonro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #31

Well thank y'all for all this I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning at 9 am I'm going to be the first one there and I'm going to speak with the director of the dealership and have him explain to me what's going on with my car. And if he doesn't know then I'm just going to tell him that I'm not going to pay for it until he's got it figured out or to get me a new mustang (preferably a 5.0) but seriously if he was in my shoes he would not feel the fords customer service up to par! He would think of ford a whole nother way!
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonro2 View Post
My mom had a 2012 buick about 6 months after she had it she had problems that they couldnt figure out. It stayed in the shop about 1 month and 1/2. She went in and talked to the manager of the dealership and told them she shouldnt have to pay for something she couldnt drive. She was nice about it and they ended up paying her car payment for 2 months for the trouble.
What was more expensive, the payment or the rental¿ good service from them
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #33
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Mustangriding --- You still have to make your payment

Even though the car is in the shop does NOT mean you can just stop paying for it. Whatever company lent you the $$$$ wants their payment. The finance company is not the dealer (Not even FORD CREDIT) If you don't make your payment you will not only kill your credit but they will reposes your car and you will lose everything you put into it. And still have bad credit and no car at all

I don't think that they can rent you a car at 17 years old.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Reminds me of my ex when she threatened not to pay the utility bills in our house (that she was living in). Fine with me ....they were in her name so not much of a threat.

Telling the dealer you aren't going to pay is a "so what" also. They were already paid by whoever financed the sale. The lender will simply repossess the car, sell it, and go after you for any remaining balance.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #35

Quote:
What was more expensive, the payment or the rental¿ good service from them
Probably the payment because they wrote her a check for 1265. So she could pay the 2 car payments.
cmonro2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang