Pypes Axle Backs for a v6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Pypes Axle Backs for a v6?

I've heard different opinions about these guys. Do any of you know anyone that has these or use them yourself? They run cheap compared to other Axle Backs. Whats the deal with them?
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I personally do not have pypes axel backs, but last night I was at a car meet and was talking to a guy with a 2012 v6 with pypes axel backs, he started it up and man they are loud as hell! When he was reving it my ears were starting to ring! Im now looking into getting some pypes for myself
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
I've heard different opinions about these guys. Do any of you know anyone that has these or use them yourself? They run cheap compared to other Axle Backs. Whats the deal with them?
They are good mufflers for a car with cats. When you go O/R mid pipe then add resonators cux after 3k its gna sound ricy!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
I have had these for about a year now. No problems with them at all. They are loud, look good, and sound alot deeper than the Roush. Only compliant I have is the fitment..They are a PAIN to get aligned in the cutouts properly, but it can be done, you just have to fight with them a bit. **Loosen your midpipe to help with alignment.** I now have them paired with bbk shorty headers and it sounds amazing! Very deep! just need a catted H pipe now.
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_Impact View Post
I have had these for about a year now. No problems with them at all. They are loud, look good, and sound alot deeper than the Roush. Only compliant I have is the fitment..They are a PAIN to get aligned in the cutouts properly, but it can be done, you just have to fight with them a bit. **Loosen your midpipe to help with alignment.** I now have them paired with bbk shorty headers and it sounds amazing! Very deep! just need a catted H pipe now.
No way lol I went from pypes to roush, those roush are way deeper and offer a better tone. They drone more than pypes though. They are straight through mufflers so it's going to have some odd tones here and there.

I could never get mine lined up. They sit 1 inch down and stuck 3" out. I went from the manifolds back trying to adjust them. Just never say right.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

No way lol I went from pypes to roush, those roush are way deeper and offer a better tone. They drone more than pypes though. They are straight through mufflers so it's going to have some odd tones here and there.

I could never get mine lined up. They sit 1 inch down and stuck 3" out. I went from the manifolds back trying to adjust them. Just never say right.
All u needed was to have extra hangers added to align it perfect I have no issues at all with my pypes on my 5.0 and my 3.7
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Pype bombs are bad ***! The fitment kind of sucks but play with it & u can get it!! If u *** headers/mid pipe u'll need resonators welded in.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
I personally do not have pypes axel backs, but last night I was at a car meet and was talking to a guy with a 2012 v6 with pypes axel backs, he started it up and man they are loud as hell! When he was reving it my ears were starting to ring! Im now looking into getting some pypes for myself
What car meets do you go to down here in South Florida?
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang