New sidemarkers + amber LEDs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
New sidemarkers + amber LEDs

just installed these after they arrived, besides the awful noise of unclipping the bumper on and off, the install was quite simple. They fit well and are of good quality. I sealed it again just in case.
I was planning on just tinting them , but I see AM sells there tints for more than I paid for both whole units. The LEDs are stage3 Amber from DD. It is not too bright and not too dim. My only complaint is that you can see the white LED in the daytime. I may have to take the bumper back off to get at it with a marker
Here are some shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	663.4 KB
ID:	138455   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	693.9 KB
ID:	138456  

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	633.5 KB
ID:	138457  
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #2

Looks great
Perma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Looking good
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #4

U got a link of where u got them?
Perma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Goes with it really well
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Link

Thanks, it was a kinda "iffy" purchase, the pictures in the description are vague and small resolution, I was relieved when they came in.
Here is the link, looks like they sell them for '09 and prior stangs as well.
Blk Clear Front Parking Bumper Side Marker Lights Lamps Ford Mustang V6 V8 : Amazon.com : Automotive
Keep in mind you may have to replace or upgrade your existing bulbs to make the look worth while, I bought plug and play LEDs.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Exclamation Don't cover the white portion of the leld!

@CVH:
Don't cover the white portion of the LED with a black marker, that is where the LED emits light. If you make it black, it won't work. Think of painting a typical light bulb black, how much light do you think will be emitted by the light bulb? Trust me, I work in the lighting business and we design office building lighting using high end LED light fixtures. The color of the physical LED is that way for a reason. If you cover them with a black marker, you might as well just toss them and put your originals back on.

Another option would be to replace the LED bulbs with standard orange bulbs that have a chrome coating over the bulb. I had these for the directional bulbs on my last car. Looked and worked great! I think they were made by PIAA, but I'm sure there's others. Just don't go near the LED bulbs with a black marker. Hope this helps.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
@CVH:
Don't cover the white portion of the LED with a black marker, that is where the LED emits light. If you make it black, it won't work. Think of painting a typical light bulb black, how much light do you think will be emitted my the light bulb? Trust me, I work in the lighting business and we design office building lighting using high end LED light fixtures. The color of the physical LED is that way for a reason. If you cover them with a black marker, you might as well just toss them and put your originals back on. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your input, but you must have misunderstood. here is a picture of the LED. Covering the white part of the LED surroundings will not effect the color or brightness of the light as long as you do not mark over the diode itself.
I have amber LEDs btw.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 10.33.28 AM.png
Views:	95
Size:	832.3 KB
ID:	138554  
Old 11-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post
Thanks for your input, but you must have misunderstood. here is a picture of the LED. Covering the white part of the LED surroundings will not effect the color or brightness of the light as long as you do not mark over the diode itself.
Yes, that's exactly my point, don't mark over the actual diode. The diode comes in several colors and the picture of the white dot in your side marker sort of looks like a large diode. Anyway, you get my drift. I edited my post with an option for you. Good luck
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 11-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly my point, don't mark over the actual diode. The diode comes in several colors and the picture of the white dot in your side marker sort of looks like a large diode. Anyway, you get my drift. I edited my post with an option for you. Good luck
Thanks, I am staying away from "bulbs" tho. We are in the future(present). LEDs last many more hrs, produce more light, draw less voltage, more pleasing to the eye(color saturation), and are less likely to fail.
Plus every other light on my stang is an LED, excluding the fronts(HID).
I like my buy, just going to go at it with a marker, lol.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post
Thanks, I am staying away from "bulbs" tho. We are in the future(present). LEDs last many more hrs, produce more light, draw less voltage, more pleasing to the eye(color saturation), and are less likely to fail.
Plus every other light on my stang is an LED, excluding the fronts(HID).
I like my buy, just going to go at it with a marker, lol.
You don't have to sell me, like I said, I'm in the business and know quite alot about LEDs. I did all LEDs in my last car and in my current Mustang. I was just trying give you an option for your color discomfort on your side markers. Anyway, happy trails
Old 11-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You don't have to sell me, like I said, I'm in the business and know quite alot about LEDs. I did all LEDs in my last car and in my current Mustang. I was just trying give you an option for your color discomfort on your side markers. Anyway, happy trails
SOLD! Ha. I have had the chrome covered bulbs before. They worked great.
Wish I could find the rear lens set of side markers.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Absolutely love the look of these. Just bought the LED and Side marker. Can't wait to get rid of those old orange ones.

On a side note how did you reseal them? Is there a kit or something? Never had to do this before haha
Capn__Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn__Morgan View Post
Absolutely love the look of these. Just bought the LED and Side marker. Can't wait to get rid of those old orange ones.

On a side note how did you reseal them? Is there a kit or something? Never had to do this before haha
Any type of clear sealant, just don't use crazy glue or anything that will eat the plastic. I was very clean a precise when applying it.
Upload a picture when you get them on.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn__Morgan View Post

Here is the video that they sent me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang