sounded like water in the doors ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
sounded like water in the doors ?

after that big rain the other day when backing up it sounded like there was water inside the doors ? a 2013 ...... after a few miles it seemed to go away , have any of you guys had that problem . sure sounded like water sloshing around
jon paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
I've heard of someone having water in the rear panels or something like that. My girlfriends 06 ford five hundred gathered water in her rear doors. I drilled a couple small holes on the lowest point of each door to drain cause it didn't go away
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thanks for the heads up some years ago I went to a Ford dealer for parts ,a man& his wife were there the whole trunk was like a swimming pool ! it wasn't the first time ! he refused to take the car & left it in the middle of the floor ........ was a brand new car , the manager handled it wrong & the people got even more angry I left as it was headed for trouble I just cant remember what model it was ? I hope this doesn't happen again I like the car but I,m not drilling any holes in a 2013 let them fix it will let you know how it turns out will get a garden hose & spray the front windows & rear area & see what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
clean out the drain holes in the bottom of the door. Might have gotten cloged with leaves, pine tree needles etc.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Do you have a vert or coupe?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

leak

its a coupe I looked under the door & there are two plastic plugs one front & one back , look to be about 3/4" - 1 1/2 ..... I can see they have an opening behind them look like they snap right out , should I just remove them ? thanks for any help are your cars the same way ?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon paris View Post
its a coupe I looked under the door & there are two plastic plugs one front & one back , look to be about 3/4" - 1 1/2 ..... I can see they have an opening behind them look like they snap right out , should I just remove them ? thanks for any help are your cars the same way ?
I can't speak for the coupe but the vert's are identical because they use a lot of similar components on the S197 chassis. I would try removing those plugs, my rear quarters filled with water last year, and I had to vacuum out the water and then suck up the dirt clogging the drain holes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang