Best Bama tune for jump and acceleration? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Lmao Lund Tunes hundreds of NA cars haha
Lol I talked to Lund about tuning my car and he said he wouldn't do it unless I had more mods: like nitrous, a higher stall converter, or ported manifolds just to name a few.

He himself said that there won't be much power he can extract from a NA car with just a full exhaust and intake.

And being n/a wasn't even in my post at all. I said for basic bolt ons he would not bother. I'm sure Lund will tune a 5.0 with stage 3 cams, an aftermarket torque converter, new heads, and cobra jet manifold. Don't know why you jumped to the conclusion that if your n/a you can't have more advanced modifications. I was referring to the 3.7 specifically, not the 5.0.

Tuning isn't voodoo magic. Lund does what every other tuner does for basic modifications, which is why he doesn't waste his time on cars with just a tune/intake or just an exhaust.
Advance timing, add fuel, run up global spark, play a little with the TI-VCT, get rid of torque management, there isn't much more you can do to a n/a car with just exhaust mods. When you start getting into the engine it's a different story.

It's when you start getting into the complicated things like torque converter lock up and chatter, and nitrous tuning for max power while keeping peak cylinder pressures ideal, et cetera, that Lund's expertise in tuning 8,9, and 10 second mustangs comes into play. He knows how to tune the EFI motors to the ragged edge of performance and safety, when they are being pushed. Many other tuners don't and will blow a EFI motor up when being pushed like that because of the insane amount of variables present.
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

Lol I talked to Lund about tuning my car and he said he wouldn't do it unless I had more mods: like nitrous, a higher stall converter, or ported manifolds just to name a few.

He himself said that there won't be much power he can extract from a NA car with just a full exhaust and intake.

And being n/a wasn't even in my post at all. I said for basic bolt ons he would not bother. I'm sure Lund will tune a 5.0 with stage 3 cams, an aftermarket torque converter, new heads, and cobra jet manifold. Don't know why you jumped to the conclusion that if your n/a you can't have more advanced modifications. I was referring to the 3.7 specifically, not the 5.0.

Tuning isn't voodoo magic. Lund does what every other tuner does for basic modifications, which is why he doesn't waste his time on cars with just a tune/intake or just an exhaust.
Advance timing, add fuel, run up global spark, play a little with the TI-VCT, get rid of torque management, there isn't much more you can do to a n/a car with just exhaust mods. When you start getting into the engine it's a different story.

It's when you start getting into the complicated things like torque converter lock up and chatter, and nitrous tuning for max power while keeping peak cylinder pressures ideal, et cetera, that Lund's expertise in tuning 8,9, and 10 second mustangs comes into play. He knows how to tune the EFI motors to the ragged edge of performance and safety, when they are being pushed. Many other tuners don't and will blow a EFI motor up when being pushed like that because of the insane amount of variables present.
Yea he doesnt really like tuning any 3.7s if u told him a 5.0 full bolt on with a boss mani then yes he would.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang