2014 v6 - v8 mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
2014 v6 - v8 mods?

Hey guys, i've ordered some parts and installed them already which go with my end game plan of eventually trading up to a 13-14' v8. So far i have the louvers, headlight splitters and some minor items(antenna, lights/LED) I also ordered the gt style fog lights and installed borla stingers(i know those are only v6). I'm just a little stuck as to what else i am able to do to my v6 that i will be able to remove and switch onto the v8... i've even searched "2013 mustang:parts & accessories" in ebay and scrolled for a while but can't seem to find something interesting that fits. Any suggestions?
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
CodyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 249
Why not just take what you would have spent on mods and use it to get the V8 in a shorter amount of time? That's what I'm doing.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
AmericanBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix
Region: Arizona
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
Why not just take what you would have spent on mods and use it to get the V8 in a shorter amount of time? That's what I'm doing.
i get bored of my cars if i don't do something to make them... "mine" by modifying them. I've done that will all my cars lol.
AmericanBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bear376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Stillwater
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 351
The V6 is a good way to get into modding. Decent engine and performance, but you can do a lot to individualize it.
__________________
2013 MCA Edition-Sterling Grey
Roush body kit - Splitters/hood scoop
Whiteline suspension w/Koni shocks
Bear376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
Hey guys, i've ordered some parts and installed them already which go with my end game plan of eventually trading up to a 13-14' v8. So far i have the louvers, headlight splitters and some minor items(antenna, lights/LED) I also ordered the gt style fog lights and installed borla stingers(i know those are only v6). I'm just a little stuck as to what else i am able to do to my v6 that i will be able to remove and switch onto the v8... i've even searched "2013 mustang:parts & accessories" in ebay and scrolled for a while but can't seem to find something interesting that fits. Any suggestions?
Pretty much any suspension and wheels you buy can swap to the GT. when I traded my V6 I pealed the marker and third brake light tint it was still sticky so when I got the GT home I stuck them on and they are still there and holding nice. Heres is more i can think of... Spoilers, splitters, chin spoilers, side skirts, fuel door, headlight covers, tail light tint and covers, mirrors, upper and lower grilles some but not all. Your best bet is go to American muscle and click on an item you want. It will tell you if it fits V6, V8 or both.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
i get bored of my cars if i don't do something to make them... "mine" by modifying them. I've done that will all my cars lol.
Never thought of the idea of mods that can transfer to the next body with larger engine. Great idea! With our Mustangs, that does limit a person to body and interior, something that most folks like myself have a tough time with.

However, taking your good idea forward, should someone mod their V6, they should save the stock parts, then reinstall them when they are ready to sell the car. Then post the used engine mods here or other venue, and recoup some money towards the V8 mods.

In about 3 to 5 years, our V6's will be in the hands of the next generation of owners, and they will be wanting to mod them. There will always be a need for good used engine, body, and interior mods.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:46 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.