Bama Tuner, Airaid CAI, Borla s type axleback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bama Tuner, Airaid CAI, Borla s type axleback

Just got my 2014 V6 PP over Thanksgiving and so far have about 400+ miles on it. Totally loving how it handles and great power but looking to get some bolt ons to make it even better.
Right now I'm looking at the bama tuner/ airaid CAI from AM and the Borla s types as axlebacks. I should be getting paid soon so I'm debating if I should get it all together or if I don't then which should I get first. Do you guys think this is a good combo all together? Anything I should do before hand? and is it too early to start looking at bolt ons?
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
sounds like i good start. i would go with the CAI + tuner first, if money will limit you to one or the other.
- Roush Axle-back Exhaust
- Airaid CAI
- 20% Tint
GBMustang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Just got my 2014 V6 PP over Thanksgiving and so far have about 400+ miles on it. Totally loving how it handles and great power but looking to get some bolt ons to make it even better.
Right now I'm looking at the bama tuner/ airaid CAI from AM and the Borla s types as axlebacks. I should be getting paid soon so I'm debating if I should get it all together or if I don't then which should I get first. Do you guys think this is a good combo all together? Anything I should do before hand? and is it too early to start looking at bolt ons?
Very cool! Congratulations on your new Mustang and Welcome to MustangEvolution. You're going to meet a lot of great people and find a ton of awesome reads on this forum!

If you're enjoying your power level now, wait until you start modifying it! These cars really wake up with some basic bolt on's and a custom tune. You'll notice big gains in power, torque, acceleration, drive ability, shift points, gas mileage, throttle response and much more! The exhaust obviously speaks for itself, your pony will sound great.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to my CS team or Bama team with any questions you may have. They can be reached at the contact information below in my signature!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Those are perfect first mods! I'd say get them all in one go, but if not go for the Borlas first man

I love my S-Types (first mod on my GT) and they'll really bring out the muscular tone that 3.7 liter is capable of making, plus you've already got 305 HP stock. A CAI and tune combo would definitely go next, but I'd say sound first!
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So I've read that tunes void manufacture warranty but is it possible a dealer would be lenient towards tuning and if the one closest to me isn't would I be able to go to another before they void my warranty?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I've read that tunes void manufacture warranty but is it possible a dealer would be lenient towards tuning and if the one closest to me isn't would I be able to go to another before they void my warranty?
Talk to ur dealer sometimes they're ok with u modding ur car. But from what I understand a tune doesn't automatically void ur warranty..ford has to prove that the mod directly caused the problem.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm so they can only void your warranty if something is broken? and what mods did you have to get your v6 a 9 sec 1/8mile?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Talk to ur dealer sometimes they're ok with u modding ur car. But from what I understand a tune doesn't automatically void ur warranty..ford has to prove that the mod directly caused the problem.
Isn't it the other way around? I would think we would have to prove it didn't. . . Although I do not have experience with this issue
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmm so they can only void your warranty if something is broken? and what mods did you have to get your v6 a 9 sec 1/8mile?
Well the only time u would need the warranty is if something breaks. Like let's say your lights stop working I don't think they can deny your warrant work because the tune doesn't affect your lights. But for best results I would talk to your dealership because every dealership is different!
When I ran the 9 1/8th I only had a JLT CAI & bama 91 hybrid tube!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Well the only time u would need the warranty is if something breaks. Like let's say your lights stop working I don't think they can deny your warrant work because the tune doesn't affect your lights. But for best results I would talk to your dealership because every dealership is different! When I ran the 9 1/8th I only had a JLT CAI & bama 91 hybrid tube!
they can only void it I'd it's an area the mod affects, and only if it causes the problem.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Isn't it the other way around? I would think we would have to prove it didn't. . . Although I do not have experience with this issue
I don't have personal experience so I'm not 100% sure but from what I have researched Ford has to prove the mod directly caused the part to stop working in order to deny you warranty work! But most dealers are different & I would ask them before doing anything if your concerned about your warranty!
Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

damn nice! I was originally interested in the Steeda CAI but since it needs a tune I wanted to be able to quickly flash the factory tune without removing the CAI if anything was to happen.

Would you recommend the JLT over Airaid? I know a lot of people say it doesn't make a difference and its personal preference but does it sound better or anything other than looks?
Old 12-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
damn nice! I was originally interested in the Steeda CAI but since it needs a tune I wanted to be able to quickly flash the factory tune without removing the CAI if anything was to happen. Would you recommend the JLT over Airaid? I know a lot of people say it doesn't make a difference and its personal preference but does it sound better or anything other than looks?
Performance wise it really won't make a difference! I personally like the JLT better because it's straight through now curved like the airaid & it's cheaper!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Do you guys think I should tune post warranty?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Do you guys think I should tune post warranty?
Wait until your warranty is up or at least 1yr to make sure you didn't get a bad build out of the factory then tune.

I'd say skip a non-tune CAI (you won't notice really anything with those) and get the Steeda CAI and tune combo. I had a JLT and it was nice, but Steeda's is best on the market IMO.

Do exhaust for now, you should be safe with that.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
These guys have all pointed you in the right direction. In order for a dealership to void your warranty, they have to directly prove that the modifications you made to your Mustang is what caused the damage. I have personal experience with this being true! Just a few weeks ago I broke an axle in my 2011 GT, took it to the dealership with full bolt ons and a custom tune, clearly non of my mods caused the damage so they didn't give me any trouble and covered it!

It's always a good idea to be honest with your dealership and not try and pull a fast one. I would recommend giving all the local dealerships a call and just ask nicely. "Hey, I'm looking to tune my Mustang. If I bring my car in for warranty to work am I going to have a tough time getting it covered?" or something along these lines!

Just a thought. Hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
These guys have all pointed you in the right direction. In order for a dealership to void your warranty, they have to directly prove that the modifications you made to your Mustang is what caused the damage. I have personal experience with this being true! Just a few weeks ago I broke an axle in my 2011 GT, took it to the dealership with full bolt ons and a custom tune, clearly non of my mods caused the damage so they didn't give me any trouble and covered it! It's always a good idea to be honest with your dealership and not try and pull a fast one. I would recommend giving all the local dealerships a call and just ask nicely. "Hey, I'm looking to tune my Mustang. If I bring my car in for warranty to work am I going to have a tough time getting it covered?" or something along these lines! Just a thought. Hope this helps! -Dan
I should do this, I'm looking to get a tune also.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

How about the Borla Exhaust? Is it something you could do with basic tools by yourself or is it best to get them installed by a muffler shop?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How about the Borla Exhaust? Is it something you could do with basic tools by yourself or is it best to get them installed by a muffler shop?
U can do that ur self with basic tools! It's not too hard!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #20

Region: Arizona
I just installed my Borla Touring a couple of days ago. Took less than 30 minutes...
azhuskcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #21

Region: South Carolina
Bama 93 Hybrid tune/Race tune are by far the best. I use hybrid for daily driving but the throttle response from race is outstanding.
thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai