Question about some aftermarket stuff - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Question about some aftermarket stuff

Ive got a 2012 v6 auto. I have a JLT CAI and an 89 Bama performance tune. The tune is so much fun haha I love it. I was looking at new hoods to get for my car to make it look more "mean", as well as new axel backs. Would this be a wise investment considering I am going to be trading the car in in a few years (3-4) since i want to go from an auto to a manual, and a v6 to a GT. I am thinking about just going for the hood and axelbacks instead of waiting 3-4 years to spend the money. What are your opinions? if any of you have been in a similar situation?
Njd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Go ahead and do it

Your talking 3 or 4 years. Enjoy what you have now and don't worry about 3 or 4 years from now. Your V6 may just actually grow on you after you get it your way.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
Ive got a 2012 v6 auto. I have a JLT CAI and an 89 Bama performance tune. The tune is so much fun haha I love it. I was looking at new hoods to get for my car to make it look more "mean", as well as new axel backs. Would this be a wise investment considering I am going to be trading the car in in a few years (3-4) since i want to go from an auto to a manual, and a v6 to a GT. I am thinking about just going for the hood and axelbacks instead of waiting 3-4 years to spend the money. What are your opinions? if any of you have been in a similar situation?
I've spent so much money in my v6, I'm going to keep it. Plus, why not just add to a collection?

I have a CAI, 93 tune, exhaust, interior, custom paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1277269078.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	634.3 KB
ID:	141384  
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Dude customize your v6 I loved it while I had mine.
Custom paint, exhaust, wheels tires, exterior.
And now I own a cobra 2 years later. Just enjoy it I loved my six
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-708477285.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	141426   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3435295625.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	141427  

xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:24 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
If you trade for a '11-'12 GT in 3 years, you can transfer all the body mods to the GT. But no matter what you do, KEEP ALL YOUR STOCK PARTS!!!

Worst case scenario, return your V6 to stock, trade it in for a GT, sell all your aftermarket parts to buy new stuff for the new GT.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:03 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
If you trade for a '11-'12 GT in 3 years, you can transfer all the body mods to the GT. But no matter what you do, KEEP ALL YOUR STOCK PARTS!!!

Worst case scenario, return your V6 to stock, trade it in for a GT, sell all your aftermarket parts to buy new stuff for the new GT.
Good advice!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you're going to trade it in in a few years I wouldnt waste money on a new hood.. thats easily $1,000 that could be used for some of your down payment. Instead i would look into getting a hood scoop installed. Much cheaper and gives you a new look.CAI, tune, axelbacks, and wheels if you want would be the way to go
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njd92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

^ I agree with this! A lot of the exterior parts will transfer over and you can always sell any mods that don't. 3-4 years is a long time, I'm modifying my car to the fullest and have no intentions of still owning it in 3-4 years. Heck I plan to trade it in on a 2015 and I still put a new modification on every week!

Enjoy your V6 now and worry about the future when it comes. Hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Your talking 3 or 4 years. Enjoy what you have now and don't worry about 3 or 4 years from now. Your V6 may just actually grow on you after you get it your way.
Ronnie
I thought the same, but after a short 18 months. There is a GT in my garage.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I want to echo what was said previously, keep your stock parts! I wish I had kept mine, I had a 04' mustang I had put everything from new tail lights, headlights, Bullitt Rims+ tires, custom stripes, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Mach 1 grill delete, Bbk CAI, and some minor engine and suspension upgrades. Long story short just a few months after I had bought all of that using money I had just gotten from a deployment- I ended up trading it in. All those parts came from AM too. But I can't really complain, and I spent too much on my new mustang, but I sure love my Roush.
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I even went as far as installing a GT bumper and take off cobra exhaust tips. Alot of time and money and effort I spent on it! But I'm sure the new owner is more then happy with it.

Name:	image-2621325547.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	142954

Name:	image-308277078.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	142955
Jlp06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang