Rattles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Rattles

Anyone have exhaust rattles and what's the best way to fix them?

I have a rattle since my flowmaster install and it's behind the gauges. Problem is. I can't get to it. Only around it. I used some foam strips and those aren't really working. Any ideas?
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Turn up the radio, it eliminates the rattle :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Turn up radio, roll down windows, get louder exhaust..... Problem solved.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Actually that's the same exact thing that happened to me after my Flowmaster install.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yeah, I installed Bassani's before I hit 2000 miles and the chrome plastic bezels around the tach and speedo rattle when it's cold. Something in the door rattles too. It sounds like it's coming from the very back of the door behind me as I drive. No idea what it is and it doesn't rattle all the time either. Seems like when the temp goes below 35 degrees or so, everything tends to rattle a little more. When it's hot? Nothing.
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It's a Ford... They rattle.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Rattles

Rattles are a huge pet peeve. Have you went through the disassemble process yet?
I usually check for loose wires, I like them to be tidy. I use European cloth tape. Sometimes the wire can hit the inner plastics of the doors, dash, etc.
I've had my dash out many times (iPad installation). There are loose wires that need some attention.
I have not been behind the gauge cluster but near the foot area I have several obd2 devices mounted. There are 2 ports. One is mounted and the other was just thrown up in there all loose. I guess that's the one the mechanics use, but they won't be needing it so I mounted it also. And it was rattling near my steering column.
I had the "door bass rattle" so I removed the panels and clothed the wires and 3m padded a small area.
I am luckily rattle free.
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Anyone have exhaust rattles and what's the best way to fix them?

I have a rattle since my flowmaster install and it's behind the gauges. Problem is. I can't get to it. Only around it. I used some foam strips and those aren't really working. Any ideas?
I have one also. Sounds like something in my dash or behind the gauges. So aggravating!
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Yeah, I installed Bassani's before I hit 2000 miles and the chrome plastic bezels around the tach and speedo rattle when it's cold. Something in the door rattles too. It sounds like it's coming from the very back of the door behind me as I drive. No idea what it is and it doesn't rattle all the time either. Seems like when the temp goes below 35 degrees or so, everything tends to rattle a little more. When it's hot? Nothing.

I too have a door rattle. Sounds like the window track. I took the gauges out and it's way behind the Gauges. Almost like plastic on plastic.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I have one also. Sounds like something in my dash or behind the gauges. So aggravating!

It's a pain to get those gauges out and do so with the battery out. I messed up the fuel and speed and had to reset the battery to get it straightened out. Have band aids too. Ford likes sharp plastic.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

for the owners of premium model mustangs, the rear view mirror is where i found my rattle to be and a wire up high inside the dash. the best solution was to tape up around the wires and then use a foam that i found at a hardware store to dampen the vibration. hope this helps anyone.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I have a rattle somewhere around the instrument panel also, and also only when it's cold. Not a big enough problem to annoy me since I'm in Socal.
mkashew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang