Help!!!! Bogging issue! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
An over speed event?
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
An over speed event?
From what I have been told that "Over" events are saved in the black box memory that does not erase. The jargon was told to me as an "Over Speed Event." You dont want to have any Over-Rev event stored for example. If your PCM needs examined by the what ever version of NTSB the factory calls it, they will find the black box stored events. For DOT and Government this also stores your G force events as well. You think that Track App was just for fun and Giggles Yes it is but it also is a black box.

For that reason to make things manufacture happy, I make sure all Rev and MPH limits are set back to factory levels so I cant exceed them by accident. This setting is easy to do in a SCT.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
So their secretly tracking how hard we hammer these cars...Well played ford. Well played.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
So their secretly tracking how hard we hammer these cars...Well played ford. Well played.
Actually Ford is a "Good Actor" in this issue. Not so secret, lots of info about what cars track and store on the internet. One reason the better to keep them engines holding up by knowing what goes wrong
If everyting in your engine is OK and you do a WOT pass and hammer your car like it was made to do and blow a piston, Ford wants to know to make sure that doesn't happen again and correct the issues. Over the years this has made lots of things better for us.

But the insurance industry is already doing "Evil" tracking and about to make everything trackable soon. Why do you think they are offering free Cell phone network equipped GPS/OBDII dongles for you to get 5-10% Off your fees?

(If You See that Red LipStik Girl in a white apron and black hair in a dark allay offering you a dongle, run...run...get away)

Soon if you don't have a GPS/OBDII Tattle Tale on your car, you will be charged extra high risk fees. Your not doing anything wrong correct? So why wont you submit to our GPS/OBDII monitoring? (One person posting about those said he was "dinged" for fast stops trying to prevent hitting a kid jumping into the street)

Last Century Past Fiction Examples:
1984/Fahrenheit 451 (older folks will remember those movies) TVs will watch what you are doing in the living room with cameras and send to the Government. Your not doing anything wrong so why complain?

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
I don't want to sound dumb but where is this sensor located that we have to clean. I find it weird that after I get a tune from Bama my car is very responsive and then weeks past I feel that it isn't as responsive. If I were to hit the gas pedal all the way down it takes a little for it to kick in. Anyone know why?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
CloudsInMyCoffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Actually Ford is a "Good Actor" in this issue. Not so secret, lots of info about what cars track and store on the internet. One reason the better to keep them engines holding up by knowing what goes wrong
If everyting in your engine is OK and you do a WOT pass and hammer your car like it was made to do and blow a piston, Ford wants to know to make sure that doesn't happen again and correct the issues. Over the years this has made lots of things better for us.

But the insurance industry is already doing "Evil" tracking and about to make everything trackable soon. Why do you think they are offering free Cell phone network equipped GPS/OBDII dongles for you to get 5-10% Off your fees?

(If You See that Red LipStik Girl in a white apron and black hair in a dark allay offering you a dongle, run...run...get away)

Soon if you don't have a GPS/OBDII Tattle Tale on your car, you will be charged extra high risk fees. Your not doing anything wrong correct? So why wont you submit to our GPS/OBDII monitoring?

Last Century Past Fiction Examples:
1984/Fahrenheit 451 (older folks will remember those movies) TVs will watch what you are doing in the living room with cameras and send to the Government. Your not doing anything wrong so why complain?

Art

I actually remember those as books...guess that makes me older+
__________________
__________________
2013 V6 Premium
Deep Impact Blue
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I don't want to sound dumb but where is this sensor located that we have to clean. I find it weird that after I get a tune from Bama my car is very responsive and then weeks past I feel that it isn't as responsive. If I were to hit the gas pedal all the way down it takes a little for it to kick in. Anyone know why?
Do you have an automatic? This sounds like the tune is not taking out the Ford Adaptive shifting. Take out Fuse #47 for 15mins and put it back in. See if the felt response comes back.

Easy Button for Adaptive Shifting SNAFU - Ford Mustang Forums
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Do you have an automatic? This sounds like the tune is not taking out the Ford Adaptive shifting. Take out Fuse #47 for 15mins and put it back in. See if the felt response comes back.



Easy Button for Adaptive Shifting SNAFU - Ford Mustang Forums

Yes it is an automatic. I mean the response is not bad bad but I do see a difference from when I first put the tune on. When I take the fuse out do I need to reload my tune or do anything else?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
I read the thread u posted and it says that it deletes the sifting memory. Is that a bad thing? Do I need to do something else after I unplug the fuse?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I read the thread u posted and it says that it deletes the sifting memory. Is that a bad thing? Do I need to do something else after I unplug the fuse?
All you need to do is remove the fuse, wait for the "sluggish" shift memory to go away 10-15mins. [That is not a bad thing] Then put it back it. Do not reload your tune. IF you then notice that the response is better, ask BAMA if they can delete the adaptive shifting from the tune. I can't remember their answer on that one right now they may not be able to.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
phobik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
All you need to do is remove the fuse, wait for the "sluggish" shift memory to go away 10-15mins. [That is not a bad thing] Then put it back it. Do not reload your tune. IF you then notice that the response is better, ask BAMA if they can delete the adaptive shifting from the tune. I can't remember their answer on that one right now they may not be able to.

Art

I was reading some other threads and apparently they don't recommend to do it while tuned. They say it can mess the tune up. All these answers lol
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I was reading some other threads and apparently they don't recommend to do it while tuned. They say it can mess the tune up. All these answers lol
Omg just do a KAM reset -_-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I was reading some other threads and apparently they don't recommend to do it while tuned. They say it can mess the tune up. All these answers lol
Best to ask BAMA then !

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #49
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Problem with the "fuse #47" removal trick is that you have to do this every few weeks, as the ECU will "relearn" your driving habits again, such as if you do a series of stop/go or steady highway driving again. Should you drive "like you stole it" all the time, then the ECU would learn and store this habit. Problem is, we don't drive this way all the time, hense the need to do the fuse 47 trick.

I downloaded a file from another site that shows how to mod an automatic (works with 2011 to 2013 I believe) that incorporates a relay that removes the power to the circuit fuse 47 protects each time the key is removed from the ignition, causing the same reaction to removing the fuse (47). It requires the purchase of a relay, and some simple wiring.

I however had this turned off when I purchased my MRT 93 octane tune.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Help!!!! Bogging issue!

UPDATE:

Replaced my coils and plugs and even cleaned my TB. And wow it needed everything. Lol.
Guess what?? My bogging issue went completely away and runs a lot smoother!! Took it for a drive and noticed the response is a lot better. Now getting onto the highway I had a sprinted get on and wow. I broke lose way more than usual! So I know I got way more low end torque.
Here's some pics! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660482.082428.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	144556Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660500.818692.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	144557Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660513.742769.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	144558Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660527.032692.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	144559Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660556.187964.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	144560Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660567.787799.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	144561Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660583.057659.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	144562Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1389660602.026237.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	144563
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
TorchRed6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 306
dang. she was a lil messy. glad you fix your issues. mine certainly needs some replacements. how many miles you have on her?
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
silvrbullet2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed6 View Post
dang. she was a lil messy. glad you fix your issues. mine certainly needs some replacements. how many miles you have on her?

I have about 62k on the clock o.O
she has a lot of miles. :/
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
I told you the coil packs would fix the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #54
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Redding
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
The coils will fix ur surging idle. I can pretty much guarantee it. Make sure to gap the plugs correctly too!
I've got the same issue with my 2011 V6. Normal idle is around 900 but after some spirited driving, the idle drops to 550 and car wants to stall. In fact sometimes it does stall. I was thinking the coil packs might solve the problem. I only have 26k miles so it shouldn't really need a set of plugs for awhile.
__________________
2011 V6 manual w/ Performance Package, MCA Edition, BBK LT, O/R x-pipe, MBRP catback, Airaid CAI, Shaker 500, Black on Black
1HOTPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #55
CVH
Registered Member
Regular
 
CVH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 111
Help!!!! Bogging issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOTPONY View Post
I've got the same issue with my 2011 V6. Normal idle is around 900 but after some spirited driving, the idle drops to 550 and car wants to stall. In fact sometimes it does stall. I was thinking the coil packs might solve the problem. I only have 26k miles so it shouldn't really need a set of plugs for awhile.
Default idle for me is 645-650rpm solid on a 2013 3.7L
900 seems a little high?
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post

Default idle for me is 645-650rpm solid on a 2013 3.7L
900 seems a little high?
If someone has BBK long tube headers, 900 may be what's needed to solve a surge issue. The idle surge is common with long tube headers.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.