Idle and W.o.T - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Idle and W.o.T

I have a 2012 mustang v6 automatic and had ghost cams previously. I had installed An offroad xpipe that hung too low and got ripped off because I went over a curb. The previous 2 weeks I didn't have oxygen sensors then that's when exhaust got ripped off. Got new exhaust and when I got car back I floored it and I'm guessing the throttle body stuck open because the car wouldn't stop . Had to put it into neutral and turn it off. Then it was fine till I floored it and it did the same thing. Took it to a shop and got it tuned. It doesn't do it that much anymore but sometimes it does for a few seconds but doesn't keep hauling until I turn it off it eventually stops after 2 seconds. And my idle surges , and stalls accessionally. ESP when I have someone in backseat. Any ideas what the prob could be?
Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I sure hope you never drive behind me.

You really need that car repaired before you kill your self or someone else. A throttle sticking wide open is not really a good thing. You probably need to call your tuner and see what they can do. If they can't fix it you need to go to a dealer and get the stock tune re installed.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have a tune on it that's fine I'm guessing I just need a new ghost cam tune sent to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

First off stop driving the car because you're likely to hurt yourself or someone else, and then take it to a dealer for repairs. It's better to pay for repairs than someone's medical bills.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

It's tuned by diff company but when I load mpts tune on it that's when it does it
Old 01-17-2014, 01:52 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like I wouldn't load that one again. You said it still does it on occasion after the new tune? You may still want to take it to a dealer to reflash it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It'a a Death trap on wheels

It's nice to get a tune,___ BUT___ every time you install a new tune I do believe you need to go back to your stock Ford Tune to do it right. Apparently you don't do that and now you have a screwed up PCM.
My advice is go to your dealer and bend over to get a stock tune reinstalled befor you kill somebody.

This is why I don't buy a used performance car

Ronnie
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You think that's why all this stuff has happened?? I saw something about a guy that had an idle that was bogging down (my current symptom that happens the most) and he bought new spark plugs and coil ons and it solved problem.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

That kinda makes since bc when I had offroad x and had that tune on my car felt like it lost most of the power but after I got a new exhaust and had same
Tune on the throttle just stuck open. So it must be PCM . But where did you here about this PCM thing
Old 01-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'll say it again so maybe it will stick

Quote:
It's nice to get a tune,___ BUT___ every time you install a new tune I do believe you need to go back to your stock Ford Tune to do it right. Apparently you don't do that and now you have a screwed up PCM.
My advice is go to your dealer and bend over to get a stock tune reinstalled befor you kill somebody
It sure ain't spark plugs or coils that are your problem.

It is your PCM is corrupted. It is dangerous. It is not safe for you or anyone on the highway around you. It needs to be fixed.
Ronnie
Old 01-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If the PCM was corrupted the car would not start. Even one corrupted section of data in the ECM would throw the whole car into a frenzy. It would not turn over at all. There is a problem with your throttle body. I would start there first.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My tuner made my car throw a CEL when I first uploaded the bama 87 street tune. It said PCM disrupted or something. Turns out that's semi normal because it's never been edited before. It's fine now.

This is also why you do stock tune before a new tune. Contact MPT or the tuning company that causes the tune problem and they should solve it. As for the car, flash to stock and go to the dealer.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

PCM disruption and PCM corruption are two different things. PCM corruption would occur if you took out the tuner while it was uploading the tune. Your car would not turn over and you would need to go to SCT and have them send you a recovery file which erases everything and returns the PCM back to stock.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I have stock tune on programmer still? Should I just get a new TB? Like the one from bbk?
Old 01-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Return the car to the stock tune. If it still exhibits the same behavior you know it's not the tune. If it goes away you know the tune is to blame. If the tune isn't to blame take the car into your local dealership and have them diagnose the issue.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Excellent advice

[QUOTE][Return the car to the stock tune. If it still exhibits the same behavior you know it's not the tune. If it goes away you know the tune is to blame. If the tune isn't to blame take the car into your local dealership and have them diagnose the issue. /QUOTE]

Anyway you look at it, The car is dangerous to drive and needs to be fixed before somebody gets hurt.

Ronnie
Old 01-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I agree.lol if my car did that even once I would take it in immediately to the dealership. It's funny how he doesn't seem to think the throttle stickung at WOT isn't an urgent issue

Old 01-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

I agree, it's needs to be looked at, and the OP needs to take this a bit more seriously.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Look at it like this. When you wreck, generally the brakes are being applied. This is the opposite. Wide open freaking throttle. So you'll hit it faster and it's proven that 35 mph can kill you. Check your tune before you get charged with vehicular manslaughter and face a few years behind bars. This is coming from a 20 year old that got too happy and got too many tickets. Be responsible, enjoy the car, don't kill anyone or yourself. Good day.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I've had it looked at . The throttle doesn't stick anymore it's just an idle surging problem . I'm cleaning the MAF sensor and throttle body tomorrow morning then if there's still any symptoms I'm bring it in again

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang