Different Brand Tunders - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Different Brand Tunders

I am just learning about tunes, etc. What are the differences, pros and cons of the SCT tuner or the Diablo tuners.
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The Diablo* (the InTune model) tuner takes 23-27 mins to put in a new tune, the SCT about 5-7 mins. The SCT tuner has been used on these new mustangs for years, and the tune shops know what they are doing with them. The Diablo is still new (for the new Mustangs) , and not everything has been learned yet in my humble opinion. [Edit, more tune shops support the SCT also since its been around longer, as years go by that may or may not change]

While the Diablo says you can data log, the CPU is so slow you can't truly log everything you need to, mine would quit and lock up after 5 pids. The SCT needs you to add a laptop to datalog in the car but you can actually get all the PIDS recorded you need.

The touchscreen was resistive and not like a table smartphone with Capactive screens. In the summer I had to keep pressing over an over again in the heat to get the screen to move to the next item. The SCT is using no touch screen, just LCD display and real push buttons you can hit in 97 degree weather without a problem.

I returned my Diablo for an SCT (thank you AM) I also use "Torque" on an Andriod phone with a ODBII bluetooth dongle to data log all my PIDS plus GOogle map tracks of the runs made. $5 app Torque is and dongles run about $25-$30 on Amazon.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
ArtU - so it sounds like the SCT is the one to have? FWIW - I have used Torque for years with my other cars - mostly just for entertainment and to read or clear codes. What are PIDS?
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
ArtU - so it sounds like the SCT is the one to have? FWIW - I have used Torque for years with my other cars - mostly just for entertainment and to read or clear codes. What are PIDS?
You should let others make their comments on their experiences first, then you can make a critical thinking decision based on more info from others. My opinion is just that of one person's experience. (old man talk for listen to many first before making a decision

PIDSs are the items you put in Torque or other readers to log or display. Like short term fuel trim left bank sensor 2, MAF , etc. It has a PID number assigned to it, but Torque makes it easy for you to just select the name from the menu. In computer terms its just a "register" number in the memory/MPU unit.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Most of the tuners use SCT so your options for tuning are a lot broader than with Diablo.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbamafan View Post
I am just learning about tunes, etc. What are the differences, pros and cons of the SCT tuner or the Diablo tuners.
I'll make it simple and easy. Buy a tuner from Lethal Performance and get I believe two or three tunes by one of the best tuners. Jon Lund himself. It's the SCT tuner since it's been widely used and almost every major tuner tunes with SCT tuners. Diablo is super buggy and they over all suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm not very smart I didn't do very well in school but i don't have any problems using an SCT tuner
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My experience with my SCT has been great, very simple to use and as artu pointed out just around 5 minutes to change tunes. Thumbs to SCT.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang