Hid lights installing - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
You got all that info from an auto generated e-mail from one of these retro fit companies... Don't read one FAQ and play off as an expert...

----------------
2012 3.7L
Airraid CAI. Bama tune. AMR wheels. SR lowering springs. SR lower control arms. Boss 302 tower brace. Pypes bombs. Borla LTs and O/R X pipe. Barton short throw shifter and bracket.
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
You got all that info from an auto generated e-mail from one of these retro fit companies... Don't read one FAQ and play off as an expert...

----------------
2012 3.7L
Airraid CAI. Bama tune. AMR wheels. SR lowering springs. SR lower control arms. Boss 302 tower brace. Pypes bombs. Borla LTs and O/R X pipe. Barton short throw shifter and bracket.
Bottom line. Hid lights in a halogen housing are dangerous to other drivers on the road. Nobody really cares about Europe honestly as most of us live in the only one that matters.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Bottom line. Hid lights in a halogen housing are dangerous to other drivers on the road. Nobody really cares about Europe honestly as most of us live in the only one that matters.

Get em'!
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Thank you for your service!! It is very much appreciated!!
Can't tell if you're being a smartass or not... I said that simply to prove, I'm an American making the point I was, not a European, which would have most definitely sparked an argument about nationality.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Hid lights installing

Quote:
Can't tell if you're being a smartass or not... I said that simply to prove, I'm an American making the point I was, not a European, which would have most definitely sparked an argument about nationality.

If you would read all my other posts on this forum, you would see I am not a smartass. My late father fought in the Phillipines in WWII. Not sure what part of my thanks looked sarcastic. I felt bad you were getting the shaft from other members when you are risking your life to protect our freedom and safety.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

My bad. We just aren't so popular these days. I got spit on in the airport last time I traveled on official duty. My apologies, your response didn't look sarcastic, I was just making a quick assumption and that's my bad. So, sorry again and thank you for your appreciation.

----------------
2012 3.7L
Old 02-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
My bad. We just aren't so popular these days. I got spit on in the airport last time I traveled on official duty. My apologies, your response didn't look sarcastic, I was just making a quick assumption and that's my bad. So, sorry again and thank you for your appreciation.

----------------
2012 3.7L

No harm done. Maybe you should add a little more to your profile, like your hometown and that you are overseas serving our country. That would probably prevent people from making that same mistake next time and get you the respect you deserve.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

^He shouldn't have to do that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you have to remember this is the internet; we should try not take insults so seriously, although we all do get butthurt at some point and that's okay... Especially from lowflyn, he shuts down ANY user with desires of cheap HID kits, you just have to expect it.

To Mr. Puma I am going to agree to disagree with you and end it with that. Thank you for your services.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #44
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
They are no more dangerous than projectors which point the light in a directional fashion towards other drivers. Unlike HID lights angled lower as to not point into other vehicles.
Wrong. True HID projectors have a plate that cuts off any light above the level of the headlight. This keeps light out of the eyes of oncoming traffic without the need to adjust your headlight down an ungodly amount like cheap plug and play kits. Watch this video and jump to 4:18 and it'll show you exactly what I'm talking about.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

At 2stangs, I said that so he'd know he was speaking to an American, not a Soldier. As to not spark a dick measuring contest about why America is the best... I wasn't looking for special treatment because of my job. And I definitely wouldn't say I got 'shut down'... In fact, I believe he made himself look ignorant and childish.

And whodat, trust me dude, the cars that blind the most are factory HIDs and you guys probably don't notice what it is you're looking at. Stop basing your knowledge off of the companies trying to sell you the product...
Old 02-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
At 2stangs, I said that so he'd know he was speaking to an American, not a Soldier. As to not spark a dick measuring contest about why America is the best... I wasn't looking for special treatment because of my job. And I definitely wouldn't say I got 'shut down'... In fact, I believe he made himself look ignorant and childish.

And whodat, trust me dude, the cars that blind the most are factory HIDs and you guys probably don't notice what it is you're looking at. Stop basing your knowledge off of the companies trying to sell you the product...
I wasn't giving you special treatment because you're a solider. I agreed to disagree because we both have strong beliefs and arguing isn't getting us anywhere, plus, we're here for Mustangs, not HID's. I don't think one country is better than another (not sure if you thought I thought that). By 'shut down', I meant "gives you all he's got." - That's aside the point, it was just humor, and I hope lowflyn doesn't take it the wrong way.

I will agree with you though, factory HID's have been [unfortunately] contributing to my headaches lately as well, along with idiotic mf'ers who ride around with their brights on.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't implying you were giving special attention, I was agreeing with you that we are all equal on this site, our jobs have little to do with the general information on this site. I also was saying the guy who made the ignorant comment of America is the only country that matters obviously hasn't been outside his home town and seen the world, not you in any way.

As for agreeing to disagree, I agree. Sometimes opinions cannot be swayed. Thanks for your input, though. Hopefully our debate somehow helped the author come to a decision. Cheers.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wanna see pics of yours. 20' from a wall, let's see your beam cutoff. Let's see how you were able to aim the scatter out of them.

There is a reason that they make two kinds of bulbs. One for reflectors and one for projectors.

I can also tell you from experience that the light output is much better through projectors vs. reflectors. I tried theee different sets of headlights before I was satisfied with my headlights.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I agree that projectors create a better light quality for the driver, as my previous posts stated, but create the light in your face other people ***** about... This is my second set lights I have tried and I am happy with them. My opinion on the subject was posted to give the author another outlet to do some research on, not to have people get all butthurt and cry over what some company trying to sell them a product told them. I still have the email in my inbox and will post it here just to show, they are quoting companies biased for their own product, ver batum.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #50
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Yes, some factory HID assemblies are poorly designed. I'm talking about retrofit kits like Morimotos. I personally have a set that I'm retrofitting into my headlights. Before starting, I hooked then up to a power source and they have a clean cutoff and ZERO glare. They're less blinding than the stock halogens. So no, this is not me regurgitating info that a company shoved down my throat while trying to sell me something. This is my first hand experience.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I live in Europe, bro... Lights are not blue or illegal here...

Quote:
Lol. I'm an American Soldier stationed here, dum dum.

They are no more dangerous than projectors which point the light in a directional fashion towards other drivers. Unlike HID lights angled lower as to not point into other vehicles. However, I must let you know how awesome it is that you can make an educated assessment on what my headlights look like and do even without seeing mine and basing what you think you know based off of kids who don't know what they're doing.

As for being the typical stereotype of an uneducated American who seems to think the rest of the world 'doesn't matter' only goes to show that you've most likely never left the county you live in, let alone the state, so you ignorantly speak of a country you don't know **** about.

Now go ahead and insert your foot in your mouth, *** clown.

----------------
2012 3.7L
You made a post referring to living in Europe. The laws of physics and light apply the same there as here. Point being there is no way to safely install hid lights in a housing not engineered and designed for them. Even with a proper retrofit you are assuming the light is not being negatively affected by the remainder of the factory housing.

I have never seen a single hid "kit" installed in a factory halogen housing that did not look cheap and scatter blinding light everywhere. I've driven several vehicles with these "kits" installed and even the visible light from inside the car sucks.

As far as your assumptions about me i'm not going to entertain your childish personal attacks.

Our's:
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the physics class that you sent from your massive johnson... What was that again about my childish behavior?
Old 02-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Thanks for the physics class that you sent from your massive johnson... What was that again about my childish behavior?
Sorry if my sig offends you. Not the intention. It is meant to be a bit of humor.

Our's:
Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

It doesn't offend me. It was referenced to point out that you might not want to be accusatory of others being childish...
Old 02-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #55

Region: Michigan
i would just pickup 11-12 stock HIDs over the 13s
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang