3.7 turbo mustang - Page 13 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #421
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Clamphier it doesn't matter if you post time slips, dyno numbers or video's. The same people doubting your race videos will be the same people that will doubt any proof you have and still think you altered a time slip, dyno sheet or edited video.

You can't win with those type of people. So don't let them get you down there are plenty of us still rooting for you, this turbo kit and the 3.7 stang.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #422
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
I just want to see some dyno numbers before I even consider it
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #423
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks southern cyclone! We are working on getting all of that for you guys anyways! Just been putting it through the paces and doing some durability testing! I'll get yall dyno numbers or track slips this weekend at least. Maybe both depends how it goes!

Plus I'm just having fun with it and trying to make sure we have the best kit possible for you guys!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #424
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Do whatever you guys need. I'd prefer a well-tested turbo kit hit the market than an ill-conceived attempt at money *coughhelioncough*.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #425
Registered Member
Regular

Well we are doing all we can I'd say it's been more than put through hell! We just created a really simple and efficient kit that does really well and I think you guys will enjoy the simplicity especially the install and there no drop boxes top of the line out of the box

Old 06-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #426
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Switching gears a little. I daily drove my six for a couple months when I first got it and I was just wondering have you tested how the kit holds up to stop and go traffic or idling for long periods of time with & without the a/c on in extreme heat? These are things that people who daily there six will put the engine and kit through. Just a thought.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #427
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Connor, sorry I wasn't able to visit when I was in Houston. Humble was a bit too far from where I was staying. I regret it now, because you've clearly come a long way with the kit. I go to Houston a few times a year so hopefully I'll catch you next time.

Regarding today's debate on this thread, I've been learning a TON from reading this. Not just today, but ever since your first post in February. But some friendly business advice for you: be careful about promises you put in black and white here. Believe me, we all want to see you succeed and make a killer 3.7. We're all proud Mustang owners who love Ford. But it will be much better for your reputation and for selling kits when you're done if you exceed expectations when the numbers are released. Likewise, it will be disastrous if you set the bar too high and your results (or worse, our results after we buy it) don't match your talk.

That said, I personally AM taking everything you're saying with a grain of salt, but that's how I am with EVERYTHING. I believe in rigorous testing by multiple parties, not just the people selling the product, when it comes to making big purchases. Although I'm taking it with a grain of salt, I know you guys are working hard and will have a great result in the end, and I'm rooting for you all the way.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #428
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'm patiently waiting for numbers. I am 6 to 8 months out from boost but I'll be doing supporting mods until then.
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 AM   #429
Registered Member
Regular

Well I daily drive the car in Texas so everyone knows it gets hot here. I've drove it all through Houston in the busiest of traffic ac on ac off. On the throttle off the throttle. I've drove it to Louisiana twice 4 hours each way. I've drove it do the beach twice about hour and a half each way. Drove to Beaumont twice in the middle of the day about an hour and a half drive. Then drove it around Oklahoma City for 3 days put about 3-400 miles on here there about 70% full throttle. Then back and fourth to work everyday 15 minutes each way for the last 3 months. So I'd say it's held up pretty good. Probably about 6-8k miles on there and 2 oil changes. Still runs like a top.

I have no doubt I mean there can be the hate on the videos but there is only so much reasoning I can do with having no idea just basing off cars I have raced. My car has more than proven itself I believe and if you guys have even a decent tuner should have no problem either.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #430
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Well I daily drive the car in Texas so everyone knows it gets hot here. I've drove it all through Houston in the busiest of traffic ac on ac off. On the throttle off the throttle. I've drove it to Louisiana twice 4 hours each way. I've drove it do the beach twice about hour and a half each way. Drove to Beaumont twice in the middle of the day about an hour and a half drive. Then drove it around Oklahoma City for 3 days put about 3-400 miles on here there about 70% full throttle. Then back and fourth to work everyday 15 minutes each way for the last 3 months. So I'd say it's held up pretty good. Probably about 6-8k miles on there and 2 oil changes. Still runs like a top.

I have no doubt I mean there can be the hate on the videos but there is only so much reasoning I can do with having no idea just basing off cars I have raced. My car has more than proven itself I believe and if you guys have even a decent tuner should have no problem either.

Ok sounds good. Figured it would be good to daily just thought I'd ask the question. Man wish I would have known and been back in OKC. That's where I live and would have liked to see the car. Will you be coming back to OKC?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-19-2014, 08:44 AM   #431
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah we had a few guys call us out so we will probably be coming back out there. A lot of butt hurt ls guys lol

Old 06-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #432
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 PM   #433

Region: Other
Do you have a estimate date for the kit to be available?
symon_say is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #434
Registered Member
Regular

The kit is available as of now we are gonna work on having a few of the hard parts of the kit done. But the turbo takes 2-3 weeks because they are all custom so they don't keep them on the shelf but we are working on having them keep atleast one or two in stock so the wait period isn't as long. But we will send all the piping and injectors and stuff then you'll just have to wait on the turbo

Old 06-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #435
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
I'll get yall dyno numbers or track slips this weekend at least. Maybe both depends how it goes!
Well...
PatinMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #436
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
The wait is real
Old 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #437
Registered Member
Regular

It rained all weekend didn't get to get anything in. Working on it this week

Old 06-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #438
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It rained all weekend didn't get to get anything in. Working on it this week
Dynos are inside
Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #439
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Not to sound like a tool but keeping everything a secret/your diplomatic approach has definitely made ppl question your credibility. You said you car is almost 85% tuned (or something along those lines if i remember correctly), why not put out a dyno sheet showing how much it's putting at THIS stage. I'm sure it will give everyone a clear idea about the ability of your kit when it's tuned and ready to ship.

I know you guys have been working hard on it, cold promises wont take you too far bud.

I remember solobusa's thread - started with a twin turbo set up, later forged engine into a short block, and then some shiet went down. At least he was up front about the progress on his project and that was the sole reason why he's highly respected in our v6 community.

Just my 2 cents.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #440
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Not to sound like a tool but keeping everything a secret/your diplomatic approach has definitely made ppl question your credibility. You said you car is almost 85% tuned (or something along those lines if i remember correctly), why not put out a dyno sheet showing how much it's putting at THIS stage. I'm sure it will give everyone a clear idea about the ability of your kit when it's tuned and ready to ship.

I know you guys have been working hard on it, cold promises wont take you too far bud.

I remember solobusa's thread - started with a twin turbo set up, later forged engine into a short block, and then some shiet went down. At least he was up front about the progress on his project and that was the sole reason why he's highly respected in our v6 community.

Just my 2 cents.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
+1
Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #441
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Also you mentioned you guys have been tuning this car yourself and that you have put several thousand miles on it after installing a turbo. I wonder how are on god's name you guys never put your car on a dyno to see what exactly the turbo is doing. As in air fuel ratio, cylinder pressure and several other parameters under different boost settings.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but but it's my understanding that no matter how sophisticated OBD 2 softwares are, they can't match reliability of a dyno.

It's really hard for someone like me to believe that how come a NEW turbo kit that has been in works for such a long time and is said to be in its final testing phase prior to going into production has never been slapped on a dyno?! How did you even get a safe tune to drive your car as a DD, and track it more often than not?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #442
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Also you mentioned you guys have been tuning this car yourself and that you have put several thousand miles on it after installing a turbo. I wonder how are on god's name you guys never put your car on a dyno to see what exactly the turbo is doing. As in air fuel ratio, cylinder pressure and several other parameters under different boost settings.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but but it's my understanding that no matter how sophisticated OBD 2 softwares are, they can't match reliability of a dyno.

It's really hard for someone like me to believe that how come a NEW turbo kit that has been in works for such a long time and is said to be in its final testing phase prior to going into production has never been slapped on a dyno?! How did you even get a safe tune to drive your car as a DD, and track it more often than not?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Gotta agree.

Also with the amount of time you have been bragging about whoopin' this car and that car that there are not time slips or videos showing the numbers on the board.

Anybody can talk few can back it up. Random videos of you beating people or them letting you beat them really does nothing.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #443
Registered Member
Regular

Just from data logging and being hooked into the car we can see everything we need to see. We do all our cars street tuned because it's real life and how the car acts everyday on the street. There are a thousand different variables on the dyno what the load is, if they put in the proper weight, if it's calibrated correctly, only some have boost reference. Bunch of thing's. Main thing we need to know is timing, afr, boost, and knock which we can see on our software.

Main reason we haven't pasted anything is because we aren't satisfied with what it did. It's not even to the potential of the level it's at right now. It went mid to low 11s with a terrible 60 foot which we are trying to fix with it falling a little up top but it has a decent trap speed. All I can say is everything will be posted soon and we don't want to have promises we didn't fill so we want to have the best kit we can. It's a production kit not a personal build so we want it the best it can be and have all the testing it can before we release hard numbers

Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #444
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just from data logging and being hooked into the car we can see everything we need to see. We do all our cars street tuned because it's real life and how the car acts everyday on the street. There are a thousand different variables on the dyno what the load is, if they put in the proper weight, if it's calibrated correctly, only some have boost reference. Bunch of thing's. Main thing we need to know is timing, afr, boost, and knock which we can see on our software.

Main reason we haven't pasted anything is because we aren't satisfied with what it did. It's not even to the potential of the level it's at right now. It went mid to low 11s with a terrible 60 foot which we are trying to fix with it falling a little up top but it has a decent trap speed. All I can say is everything will be posted soon and we don't want to have promises we didn't fill so we want to have the best kit we can. It's a production kit not a personal build so we want it the best it can be and have all the testing it can before we release hard numbers

Totally understand but we like to see progress. We want to see the stumbles and then the changes. We like to see the steps not just the end result.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 06-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #445
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Totally understand but we like to see progress. We want to see the stumbles and then the changes. We like to see the steps not just the end result.

You wouldn't see that with any of the major manufacturers. You might hear rumors that something is going on but you won't know anything until it's released.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #446
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I understand the point you guys are making, but if they post something bad about the kit, even if they fix it later, it can hurt business. People are big on first impressions and if they see low numbers the first time its shown, it might not matter to you guys, but some random guy wanting a turbo? He may say "this thing sucks" and choose a pro charger instead.

This is why most companies don't announce things until they're final.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #447
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
You wouldn't see that with any of the major manufacturers. You might hear rumors that something is going on but you won't know anything until it's released.
Your right generally manufacturer's make sure that the product is fully developed prior to releasing any information on it. But when they do its hard facts. Which is why you generally see advertised 'can increase HP 50%' or adds up to 12-15 HP. NOT this product allows you to run 12.5s in the quarter and beat supercharged C7's, vipers, etc (even if not direct it’s being implied). And if any manufacturer does show before and after videos is it generally on a stock car with the only modification being the part in question. For true baseline comparisons he should have ran the car stock and then with only the kit to see what the results were to give a better idea of the results. The fact that he has drag radials on it cutting 1.7 60 ft times and using those times to promote the kit throws out the 'street kit' claim out the window. On a 400+ car tires alone can make a 1+ seconds difference in a ¼ with someone that knows how to drive.

Not saying the information we have right now isn’t impressive because it definitely is. But as of right now you have to judge this thread for what it is. And as of right now it sounds like until the kit is 100% done we will not receive the complete facts and results of the kit. Instead we have a personal build of his car (with a soon to be production kit), the times he is capable of driving the car to, and the cars he has beat.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #448
Registered Member
Regular

Well the car stock with gears ran a 13.8 at 99. Then with the turbo the our better one is around a 11.5 with a 3000da. Just isn't what we want to be but definitely an improvement over stock and gets 30s mpg

Old 06-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #449
Registered Member
Regular

Also 2.0 sixty foots on stock converter. Most people that go to the track have some kind of radial or borrow some if they are trying to put the power down. I'm assuming most people getting a turbo kit aren't running 235 17 around. That's also just the track set up I drive around on sve drifts everyday on nt555s

Old 06-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #450

11.5 is a very impressive time. I don't know why you haven't mentioned it sooner. That'll sell a lot of kits right there.
JasinEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:27 PM   #451
Registered Member
Regular

It will sell a lot of kits as soon as we get something that even remotely proves that it can do this. Even a track slip on what you're running would be good. Clamphier says he does not want to release info. on what it can do now, but he SAYS it does it? How is that any different. How is saying it runs an 11.5 and showing a track slip that it ran an 11.5 any different, besides the slip being real proof. Not saying it doesn't run it, not saying his kit isn't capable of it, just is how I'm viewing this so far, as a lot of others are too.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #452
Registered Member
Regular

It's at the shop I'll post it in the morning

Old 06-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #453
Registered Member
Regular

And Connor all those runs at the track with your entourage and people with cameras and video at least one of them kids must have a video of one of your runs.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #454
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it's 1320 I will try and get videos but I have to wait for them to post.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #455
Registered Member
Regular

Keep in mind this is not the fastest it can go and still working through the tuning and software. Only 16 degrees of timing stock motor. This is not the fastest it will go and hoping to finish it this weekend if the weather is nice and going for cfm....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403815022245.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	160117  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang