3.7 turbo mustang - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #491
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've taken mine on and off a few times and tested it on other cars. That's why v band is awesome you get a lot of mobilty. Also like I said there is like 7 pieces not a whole lot to mess up

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #492
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Any pics of the kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #493
Registered Member
Regular

Cold side

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1403882860436.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	160166  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #494
Registered Member
Regular

Manifold

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1403883205362.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	160167  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #495
Registered Member
Regular

Well It certainly looks like it will breath.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #496
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
We will see when a user tries to slap it on.

It's never as easy as they say it is. Something always comes up ask Murphy.
So wait until I get mine :p

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #497
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
So wait until I get mine :p

The real... boss 227
I will be waiting for the write up.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #498
Registered Member
Regular

Never had any doubts that the car was moving out unlike others

Who needs a 10.7 street car (kits not even available), an 11.2 street car will do just fine (kit everyone can buy NOW)

I also never bought into the theory some believed that the people you were racing were sand bagging on purpose to make the LPF turbo kit look good. Like I said from the beginning haters gonna hate.

Thanks for keeping those of us actually interested in buying the kit updated. It will be late fall when I plan on purchasing mine, so looking forward to your updated results as the fine tuning progresses.

For some of the previous doubters (on another site), I like Kool Aid! Give me a big ole jug of the stuff.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #499
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post

Who needs a 10.7 street car (kits not even available), an 11.2 street car will do just fine (kit everyone can buy NOW)

I also never bought into the theory some believed that the people you were racing were sand bagging on purpose to make the LPF turbo kit look good. Like I said from the beginning haters gonna hate.

Thanks for keeping those of us actually interested in buying the kit updated. It will be late fall when I plan on purchasing mine, so looking forward to your updated results as the fine tuning progresses.

For some of the previous doubters (on another site), I like Kool Aid! Give me a big ole jug of the stuff.
Your money your car so drink up.

Also R&D takes more than 2 weeks. Welcome to the real world.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 06-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #500
Registered Member
Regular

Yea one of the biggest intercoolers available. And has a big maf housing too.

I don't understand why you hate so much on it. Like not only is it pretty fast but I drive the car everyday and beat the hell out of it

Old 06-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #501
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Listen I'll try to get you to understand. Having a kit that works and actually goes down the road is a great feat. Stating that you 'HAVE POSSESSION' of the fastest 3.7 is another thing entirely. I have inquired with him about this kit in posts and private messages for a long time, my FB records will show. When it turned into a media circus and claims were not backed up it pissed a great many people off. I know as much as anyone what goes into pulling off a one off design that actually makes the car move. You want us to blindly agree with the media circus,,,, well that will never happen. Every product has a tuning cycle and a big learning curve. Hector has chipped away at his car for years. He has earned his title. But all things that can be hung as a record are there to be claimed by the next brave soul to lay it all out there.
LPF appears to have a great product that is in the tuning/learning cycle. Failures are part of the game and if he popped a motor tomorrow, that's just part of the curve. Failures or goals not met should be embraced as fuel to do better and move forward. We all want to cheer for an underdog and they stumble all along the way till they persevere. If that underdog is no longer humble and beats upon his chest, may he go down in a smoldering mess.

So the next person who calls me a hater, you have no idea who I am.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Yea one of the biggest intercoolers available. And has a big maf housing too.

I don't understand why you hate so much on it. Like not only is it pretty fast but I drive the car everyday and beat the hell out of it

What you fail to see is that I am not a hater but more of a realist.

Slapping together some parts is great for you and everyone but to market a kit......well that is a whole nother ballgame.

When that happens you better be ready not now, not 6 months from now not even a year from now but if something goes wrong and there is catastrophic failure expect them to come after you looking for answer and "solutions".

It is not like building a kit for a friend in his garage and if something happens oh well.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #503
Registered Member
Regular

There is nothing to fail that's what you don't understand I guess the only moving part is the turbo and if you boost a motor realistically there is no guarantee its going to last forever it's an unboosted car from the factory. So there is a possibility it will break when people start pushing to to crazy levels but other than that nothing to "answer" for

Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #504
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
3.7 turbo mustang

Quote:
There is nothing to fail that's what you don't understand I guess the only moving part is the turbo and if you boost a motor realistically there is no guarantee its going to last forever it's an unboosted car from the factory. So there is a possibility it will break when people start pushing to to crazy levels but other than that nothing to "answer" for

Really the only to worry about is craftsmanship of the pipes as far as rust, welds breaking, etc. basically no different "liability" that an exhaust manufacturer would have. And even then it's more repetitional risk then anything else. But your completely right someone buys the kit and Turns the boost to 20 and Blows their car up or screws up the tune that's not your fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 PM   #505
Registered Member
Regular

That's all I was saying. The only thing that's really welded is the down pipe and manifold

Old 06-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #506
Registered Member
Regular

It's top of the line best of the best turbo the manifold is 304 stainless tig welded together then the down pipe has a v band welded on it but other than that there really isn't much welding. The whole cold side is all couplers so nothing really to break and we warranty anything we welded as long as it wasn't because you turned it to 40 pounds and it blew up

Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #507
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Again there is no flipping the header it's a custom kit with a log manifold. Pulling the front facia takes like 10 minutes tops then there is 4 bolts for the intercooler. Then you cut and t the coolant lines for the turbo. Then mount the turbo on the manifold, bov pipe goes to turbo and intercooler. Then cross pipe and down pipe to existing exhaust literally like 7 pieces

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Plus everything is v band so don't have to worry about t4 flanges and gaskets.

Mine is like 30 pieces lol

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #508
Registered Member
Regular

This is ours plus a few couplers a cross pipe and down pipe

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1403925514518.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	160202  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #509
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Where's your maf housing at on your kit?

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #510
Registered Member
Regular

Not in the intercooler!
Haha
They've got a pic on their website
It's pretty close to the stock location

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #511
Registered Member
Regular

It's in that pipe on the top right you can see it if you look towards the bottom

Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 AM   #512
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What exactly does the kit require maintenance wise?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #513
Registered Member
Regular

Supposedly comp says to send it in at 35k to get it regreased. But I'm not sure if it's mandatory or a suggestion. But if you do do it your warranty starts over so that's the main bonus

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

It meaning turbo

Old 06-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #514
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Listen I'll try to get you to understand. Having a kit that works and actually goes down the road is a great feat. Stating that you 'HAVE POSSESSION' of the fastest 3.7 is another thing entirely. I have inquired with him about this kit in posts and private messages for a long time, my FB records will show. When it turned into a media circus and claims were not backed up it pissed a great many people off. I know as much as anyone what goes into pulling off a one off design that actually makes the car move. You want us to blindly agree with the media circus,,,, well that will never happen. Every product has a tuning cycle and a big learning curve. Hector has chipped away at his car for years. He has earned his title. But all things that can be hung as a record are there to be claimed by the next brave soul to lay it all out there.
LPF appears to have a great product that is in the tuning/learning cycle. Failures are part of the game and if he popped a motor tomorrow, that's just part of the curve. Failures or goals not met should be embraced as fuel to do better and move forward. We all want to cheer for an underdog and they stumble all along the way till they persevere. If that underdog is no longer humble and beats upon his chest, may he go down in a smoldering mess.

So the next person who calls me a hater, you have no idea who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
What you fail to see is that I am not a hater but more of a realist.

Slapping together some parts is great for you and everyone but to market a kit......well that is a whole nother ballgame.

When that happens you better be ready not now, not 6 months from now not even a year from now but if something goes wrong and there is catastrophic failure expect them to come after you looking for answer and "solutions".

It is not like building a kit for a friend in his garage and if something happens oh well.

What you two seem to fail to realize this isn't someone slapping together parts in there garage. This is a reputable shop who does these kind of builds on a regular basis. Go visit there website and builds if you think LPF just slaps together kits. Clamphier just so happens to work for LPF and if he didn't guess what, we still would have no turbo kits available for the 3.7. Hellion has stopped making there's (never was impressive anyways) and CFM's is not available. Sorry you guys think we are all stupid, know nothing about R&D, and that none of us have been around cars, but you are sorely mistaken. Truth be told piecing together a proper turbo kit, correctly sizing the parts for the engine isn't that hard, tuning is the hard part. We already knew what the limits of the stock 3.7 parts were long before LPF even made there kit. The real question is how long will the stock drivetrain and internals hold up over time. Who knows, but I'm not waiting 5 years to find out either. Pay to play or don't play at all.

If you don't like LPF's kit, then come out with your own kit, do all the R&D till your satisfied and release the thing to the community.

BTW, all LPF has to do is say they have the fastest production Mustang 3.7 turbo kit available. Since they have the only production kit available right now, that makes them 100% correct.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #515
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Supposedly comp says to send it in at 35k to get it regreased. But I'm not sure if it's mandatory or a suggestion. But if you do do it your warranty starts over so that's the main bonus

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

It meaning turbo

I knew about the service interval but not that the warranty started over if you had it done. Nice
Old 06-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #516
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I don't think anyone is calling them a fly by night shop. It's more of how they have handled themselves and their product. They were making outrageous claims, posting up or linking to various videos that have been edited to not show any real times or numbers, along with the we raced this car and that car and beat them and then the ongoing issue of getting it dyno'd to show real world numbers... It was all very suspicious.

Then finally, after months and months of questioning and speculation, they gave us a time slip. They are certainly on the right track with their turbo kit for the 3.7.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:12 AM   #517
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I don't think anyone is calling them a fly by night shop. It's more of how they have handled themselves and their product. They were making outrageous claims, posting up or linking to various videos that have been edited to not show any real times or numbers, along with the we raced this car and that car and beat them and then the ongoing issue of getting it dyno'd to show real world numbers... It was all very suspicious.

Then finally, after months and months of questioning and speculation, they gave us a time slip. They are certainly on the right track with their turbo kit for the 3.7.
+1
Could not have said it better myself. No one is attacking Clamphier or his shop or his mustang or kit. Some of us have just found it very odd the way he has chosen to release information, and what has been lacking in the info. and specs area. It is better for us to ask questions and seek more info., rather then blindly accepting things we are told on an internet forum. Not saying what he states is wrong, just seeking the info./answers that WE desire, and that differentiates with every person. I would love for him to produce a great turbo kit for the 3.7. It would be an amazing accomplishment, and if it was really good I would get one myself.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #518
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thank you!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #519
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said before just didn't want to release anything until it was all at once because it's not it's full potential. But apparently it helped releasing something so better numbers coming soon. The drive train is awesome if it's auto 1000+ no problem then if not get clutches and input shaft for it for like 500 and it's good for 2000. Then yall all know manuals it's hit or miss, or you can get a 6060 it's a direct bolt on

Old 06-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #520

Region: Other
This kit is bad a$$, what other mods should go fine with the kit, or is better to just install the kit??
symon_say is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #521
Registered Member
Regular

Just driveshaft and then atleast 3.31 gears other than that good to go

Old 06-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #522
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What you two seem to fail to realize this isn't someone slapping together parts in there garage. This is a reputable shop who does these kind of builds on a regular basis. Go visit there website and builds if you think LPF just slaps together kits. Clamphier just so happens to work for LPF and if he didn't guess what, we still would have no turbo kits available for the 3.7. Hellion has stopped making there's (never was impressive anyways) and CFM's is not available. Sorry you guys think we are all stupid, know nothing about R&D, and that none of us have been around cars, but you are sorely mistaken. Truth be told piecing together a proper turbo kit, correctly sizing the parts for the engine isn't that hard, tuning is the hard part. We already knew what the limits of the stock 3.7 parts were long before LPF even made there kit. The real question is how long will the stock drivetrain and internals hold up over time. Who knows, but I'm not waiting 5 years to find out either. Pay to play or don't play at all.

If you don't like LPF's kit, then come out with your own kit, do all the R&D till your satisfied and release the thing to the community.

BTW, all LPF has to do is say they have the fastest production Mustang 3.7 turbo kit available. Since they have the only production kit available right now, that makes them 100% correct.
Obviously someone's panties are in a bunch. Plus I think you need to learn how to read as you are quoting and claiming things none of us have said. Now simmer down there little guy.

Quote:

Exactly and well said.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #523
Registered Member
Regular

How much is the kit? And what website can I find it on

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #524
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Lpfbuilt.com

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #525
Registered Member
Regular

Thx I found it 5,400 not bad.. what else would I need to buy in order to put it on

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang