3.7 turbo mustang - Page 17 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #561
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Building a production kit to show what the stock motor will do since that's what most people will have. Then once we've done what we need to do forged motor and upped boost

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #562
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
I got forged motor sitting at the shop too just waiting to blow up lol. Going for mid 10s stock motor then after that who knows where going for the 1000 mark
It is good that you are willing to sacrifice a motor so all the customers know what the boost limits truly are with the kit
Landtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #563
Registered Member
Regular

If anything does break probably will be ringland we've had a few of these apart and they are really beefy especially the sleeves sense they are cast in instead of pressed and they are pretty thick. Should handle boost nicely I mean it has so far no reason to stop now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #564
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If anything does break probably will be ringland we've had a few of these apart and they are really beefy especially the sleeves sense they are cast in instead of pressed and they are pretty thick. Should handle boost nicely I mean it has so far no reason to stop now

Agree, but at least you will be able to share that magic number so those who want to play it safe will know where they can venture and have low chance of an issue.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #565
Registered Member
Regular

Well as long as you have good tuning should be able to run 8-10 pounds making anywhere from 450-475 maybe more. Seems to be OK especially if you have meth

Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #566
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well as long as you have good tuning should be able to run 8-10 pounds making anywhere from 450-475 maybe more. Seems to be OK especially if you have meth

I won't ever rely on meth after seeing John's engine pop from a failed pump!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #567
Registered Member
Regular

Hey clamp how much boost could u run useing 93 octane just to be at like 400-425

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #568
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I want to turbo so bad thing is awesome good work and keep it up
droptopstang201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:37 PM   #569
Registered Member
Regular

Well you don't tune for it you just use it as a blanket. You never tune for it that's so dumb... I think 8 or 9 would make that easily

Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #570
Registered Member
Regular

And 8-9 psi is safe on stock? What psi r u running to hit 450-475?

Old 07-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #571
Registered Member
Regular

It did good for me, I was somewhere between 6 and 8 and was making somewhere between that I think I was beating bolt on 5.0s and they make around that and still getting 30 mpg. I'm anywhere from 9-11 just depends what I set the boost controller to

Old 07-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #572
Registered Member
Regular

This turbo would be perfect all I have is a axle back, tuner, 3.73, bbk tb, and cai. All of thoughs would be perfect for it except the cai lol

Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #573
Registered Member
Regular

It would everything else you would need comes in the kit! The throttle body really isn't necessary and definitely don't need the cai so those could get you a little money back but that's just what I think. It's an awesome upgrade and I've had some kind of forced induction for 2 years now almost so should be OK as a daily especially 6-8 pounds!

Old 07-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #574
Registered Member
Regular

Good because my car is definitely a daily driver and I don't wanna put to much strain on it that's y I want a turbo because it won't put that strain till I want it to and it makes the best sleeper because again u won't know I have it until I want u too. And as long has I'm putting 420 down I'll be good. 420 hp is more than enough on a daily driver

Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #575
Registered Member
Regular

Mines a daily too so I completely understand and my only car. Plus if 420 gets boring you always have the option to turn it up all you have to do is change the wastegate springs. Also we are going to start selling built short blocks probably so if anything was to happen

Old 07-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #576
Registered Member
Regular

Any news on the dynos? And how many people would u say have bought ur turbo?

Old 07-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #577
Registered Member
Regular

No not yet. Technically 3 but it's not officially released so once it is no telling how many we will get

Old 07-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #578
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Keep up the good work can not wait to see some numbers
droptopstang201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #579
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
I'm glad to see you are building it with the stock motor . Just as you said most will use the kit on stock internals. And it's nice to know the boundaries. I can't wait to see numbers and start working towards getting a kit myself. Good luck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #580
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
I'm glad to see you are building it with the stock motor . Just as you said most will use the kit on stock internals. And it's nice to know the boundaries. I can't wait to see numbers and start working towards getting a kit myself. Good luck man.

The dyno I'll be at is pretty close to you, you should definitely come hang out with us! Haha

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #581
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'll be getting FI around November (already have half of it saved up), so hopefully the shop you use for your dyno tune does a great job so I can use them also.

Are you using SCT or Diablo tuning software?
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #582
Registered Member
Regular

Heck yeah! I'll be there man just let me know when
Like I said before if you need any help or company I'd be glad to hang out for the install!

Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #583
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Well I'll be getting FI around November (already have half of it saved up), so hopefully the shop you use for your dyno tune does a great job so I can use them also.

Are you using SCT or Diablo tuning software?
I believe it's sct

Old 07-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #584
Registered Member
Regular

O.o

Old 07-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #585
Registered Member
Regular

Any progress with the test and tune? Suspense is getting me...

Old 07-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #586
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ok Clamphier you've been stalling long enough and quite frankly I'm ready to throw up the bs flag on the whole thing. Saying it's to hot to dyno is ridiculous because it's inside and even if it is open to the outside you can account for the fact that it's hot but we said ok let's give him more time even though we've been waiting months when all you've be been doing is claiming to beat 5.0s and supercharged vettes (until I see numbers or slips I'm still convinced the vette was sandbagging). Don't keep bragging about the kit but provide no proof to said claims and this isn't hating this is plain old fact according to post and claims in this thread. I was seriously considering this kit but the way it's being promoted and the whole way this is being handle has turned me off. Good luck!
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #587
Registered Member
Regular

Well you saw my slip if you haven't it's a few pages before this one. And soon I've been on vacation just got back today so doing everything I can

Old 07-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #588
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Why don't you know what tuning software you are using?? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #589
Registered Member
Regular

We are using Diablo, when did I ever say I didn't know? I've said we are using Diablo multiple times

Old 07-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #590
Registered Member
Regular

Yup true ^^

Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #591
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok Clamphier you've been stalling long enough and quite frankly I'm ready to throw up the bs flag on the whole thing. Saying it's to hot to dyno is ridiculous because it's inside and even if it is open to the outside you can account for the fact that it's hot but we said ok let's give him more time even though we've been waiting months when all you've be been doing is claiming to beat 5.0s and supercharged vettes (until I see numbers or slips I'm still convinced the vette was sandbagging). Don't keep bragging about the kit but provide no proof to said claims and this isn't hating this is plain old fact according to post and claims in this thread. I was seriously considering this kit but the way it's being promoted and the whole way this is being handle has turned me off. Good luck!
He just doesn't get it and maybe won't till he hits his 30s. He is more interested in Facebook hero status that he seems to thrive on. For which I have been blocked from posting. I guess intelligent questions are ridiculous. With an asking price of 5k plus a simple base dyno pull at 6-8 lbs of boost is too much to ask. For the time and money he has invested it was in his best interest to put out the base line numbers months ago. But the 'Famous Media' has gotten to his head. Across the mustang boards he had come across as a clown. Had he actually let his results do all the talking for him he would of had a line of people with cash ready to spend. If your haters are taking notes you should take notes from Hector. Though his kit is not ready to sell, and neither is yours yet, he has been a class act and has the respect of many. You have the respect of a few loyal buddies. Good luck, I wish you well but the bull**** you have to swim out of is thick.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #592
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
He just doesn't get it and maybe won't till he hits his 30s. He is more interested in Facebook hero status that he seems to thrive on. For which I have been blocked from posting. I guess intelligent questions are ridiculous. With an asking price of 5k plus a simple base dyno pull at 6-8 lbs of boost is too much to ask. For the time and money he has invested it was in his best interest to put out the base line numbers months ago. But the 'Famous Media' has gotten to his head. Across the mustang boards he had come across as a clown. Had he actually let his results do all the talking for him he would of had a line of people with cash ready to spend. If your haters are taking notes you should take notes from Hector. Though his kit is not ready to sell, and neither is yours yet, he has been a class act and has the respect of many. You have the respect of a few loyal buddies. Good luck, I wish you well but the bull**** you have to swim out of is thick.
Were you around the 4.0 scene when Powerhouse did their turbo development? Ran the 4.0 on N20 until i popped to find out what the limits were... then they did their Turbo kit testing at events like Fun Ford Weekends for all the world to see... and after all that they finally said we are ready... the first few kits though they insisted on doing the installs to make sure everything fit! (they offered free installs on the first couple of kits). Class act all the way...

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #593
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sounds like he just pieced together his own turbo kit, thought hey it would be a great idea to sell these, bit off way more than he could chew, and spent his time arguing on the internet about racing corvettes. The fact that he has never Dyno'd his car and won't after months of saying he will raised the red flag for me. The few that defend him either can't think for themselves or are just too caught up dreaming about burning corvettes at the drag strip. I can't wait to see when Hector can get that kit production ready, you don't see him on Facebook blocking people and bragging about how he can beat corvettes and refusing to release a Dyno because it's "too hot or raining" after promising for months that he will. Like I said, red flag raised a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #594
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Were you around the 4.0 scene when Powerhouse did their turbo development? Ran the 4.0 on N20 until i popped to find out what the limits were... then they did their Turbo kit testing at events like Fun Ford Weekends for all the world to see... and after all that they finally said we are ready... the first few kits though they insisted on doing the installs to make sure everything fit! (they offered free installs on the first couple of kits). Class act all the way...
That's when I just arrived. That's also why he tuned my M122 4.0. Because he was so transparent with his work.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #595
Registered Member
Regular

Well the cars been down for a week building jigs so we can produce the kit. I know it's been awhile and I'm sorry it's not like we are straight focusing on the kit we still have a shop to run and it is my daily so we can only do so much. I'm not trying to be a Facebook hero just saying how it is and want to make sure we put out the best kit we can sorry for all the inconvenience

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405461297137.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	161543  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang