3.7 turbo mustang - Page 19 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #631
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I would just call LPF his shop where he makes the kits like he said. If you had to wait for a response longer than a day I would say he is ducking you. Unacceptable for any business to say it's been sent out, 9 days later it's not there, can't get in contact w the person immediately, etc. I REALLY hope for your sake that he didn't just give you the run around, took your $, and is sending you an incomplete kit or you have to wait weeks/months for the pieces. Really interested to see what he has to say when he comes on here. I can't say I'm surprised by the way he has advertised the kit and gone about this whole thing.... If he gives you a sketchy answer or you can't get in contact with him by tomorrow I would ask for my money back and to ship what you've received back... Really hope this works out for you, anxious to see what he has to say for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You're such a hater. How much is your turbo kit? How much hp does it put out? And how soon can you get me one? Thats what i thought.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #632
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
You're such a hater. How much is your turbo kit? How much hp does it put out? And how soon can you get me one? Thats what i thought.

I'm a hater? I'm sorry that you think telling someone their kit has been mailed out after they pay 5k in full and 9 days later it's not there and no one is responding to the buyer. If it was your money you would feel a lot different. Read my posts. How many times have I said "I really hope this al works out for you and you have a good kit"? I want alrefire to get his kit and for it to be perfect. Do I produce a turbo kit? No. When in the world have I ever said I do? Please post relevant information to the thread, not just attempting to start an argument on the internet with someone to "look cool". Your post made literally no sense, as I have never claimed to produce a turbo and I wish alrefire only the best with his turbo kit, as I've said numerous times. I don't know what your problem is, but please think before you post next time...

Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #633
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

Lol you arent producing a kit ad thats my point, i just read like 10 pages of you talkin ****. If you think you can do a better job yourself then go ahead. All i'm sayin is you havent had anything to say besides the **** talkin so why are you subscribed to this thread?

I wasnt referring to alrefire, i feel for him as well. That is awhile to wait and i also hope they get it to him soon too. Clearly they are about quality and not quantity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #634
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol you arent producing a kit ad thats my point, i just read like 10 pages of you talkin ****. If you think you can do a better job yourself then go ahead. All i'm sayin is you havent had anything to say besides the **** talkin so why are you subscribed to this thread?

I've never said I can do a better job nor am I "**** talking". I'm merely sharing my opinion on the process instead of blindly accepting everything posted. I was just afraid of something happening like the package not arriving 9 days after the buyer was told it was sent. I'm sorry that my opinion differs from yours and you feel the need to try and start an argument over that. It's my opinion. It's not "**** talking". If you have a problem with my opinion for some reason, that's fine, keep it to yourself. I think we are a little old to be arguing on the internet about opinions, don't you?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #635
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

I wasnt referring to alrefire, i feel for him as well. That is awhile to wait and i also hope they get it to him soon too. Clearly they are about quality and not quantity.
That's straight good customer service which at the moment they are not showing. To say you sent a kit out and then don't return messages or calls of people who have paid is not right. Grabber is not **** talking he is just stating that this process seems off. Maybe there is a delay somewhere and Clamphier hasn't had a chance to tell folks but either way they need to take care of paying customers. Especially with that kind of money.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #636
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The driver of the c7 must shift worse than a 16 year old girl on her first day of drivers ed. There is absolutely no way that a procharged c7 should lose to a turbo 3.7, whether its manual-auto or anything. If I was him I'd be beyond crazy that I spent $70,000~ on a procharged c7 that loses to a turbo 3.7, or go get driving lessons.

Quote:
Sounds like he just pieced together his own turbo kit, thought hey it would be a great idea to sell these, bit off way more than he could chew, and spent his time arguing on the internet about racing corvettes. The fact that he has never Dyno'd his car and won't after months of saying he will raised the red flag for me. The few that defend him either can't think for themselves or are just too caught up dreaming about burning corvettes at the drag strip. I can't wait to see when Hector can get that kit production ready, you don't see him on Facebook blocking people and bragging about how he can beat corvettes and refusing to release a Dyno because it's "too hot or raining" after promising for months that he will. Like I said, red flag raised a long time ago.

Quote:
I've never said I can do a better job nor am I "**** talking". I'm merely sharing my opinion on the process instead of blindly accepting everything posted. I was just afraid of something happening like the package not arriving 9 days after the buyer was told it was sent. I'm sorry that my opinion differs from yours and you feel the need to try and start an argument over that. It's my opinion. It's not "**** talking". If you have a problem with my opinion for some reason, that's fine, keep it to yourself. I think we are a little old to be arguing on the internet about opinions, don't you?

No no, youre **** talkin bud. Those are your opinions up there, and from what ive read you have contributed nothing to this thread but criticism and doubts. Clamphier never said he himself was producing the turbo, the shop where he worked at is so really its not up to him to post dyno sheets and facts like that. Tbh if i was a reputable shop that was producing a turbo i wouldnt want my employees posting it either until i was ready.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #637
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I got a return message a couple minutes ago.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #638
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No no, youre **** talkin bud. Those are your opinions up there, and from what ive read you have contributed nothing to this thread but criticism and doubts. Clamphier never said he himself was producing the turbo, the shop where he worked at is so really its not up to him to post dyno sheets and facts like that. Tbh if i was a reputable shop that was producing a turbo i wouldnt want my employees posting it either until i was ready.

Man, grow up. You're really reading through the thread quoting what I posted? It's MY OPINION. It's MY BELIEF. Idk what your problem is, rub the sand out of your vag and get over it.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Good! Keep us posted on what's going on, hope you get the full kit soon and can put it in.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #639
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

Quote:
Man, grow up. You're really reading through the thread quoting what I posted? It's MY OPINION. It's MY BELIEF. Idk what your problem is, rub the sand out of your vag and get over it.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Good! Keep us posted on what's going on, hope you get the full kit soon and can put it in.

Lol yea i read the thread, thats what its here for. 600+ replies ad about half of them are dumbasses like you chiming in your 2 cents about this turbo kit. From everything ive seen its better than all the other kits out there. You didnt buy one and it doesnt seem like you plan to. So stfu cuz your opinion doesnt mean **** in this thread.

Im just happy that people are making turbos for the v6. Cuz really, they dont have to.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #640
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hope it was a good one!!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #641
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Really, his opinion does matter, it's a realistic opinion, instead of a blind, OMG, turbo for a V6.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #642
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Really, his opinion does matter, it's a realistic opinion, instead of a blind, OMG, turbo for a V6.

Not when hes accusing the guy of piecing it together himself when it is clearly advertised on the website with pictures to prove.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #643
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol yea i read the thread, thats what its here for. 600+ replies ad about half of them are dumbasses like you chiming in your 2 cents about this turbo kit. From everything ive seen its better than all the other kits out there. You didnt buy one and it doesnt seem like you plan to. So stfu cuz your opinion doesnt mean **** in this thread.

Im just happy that people are making turbos for the v6. Cuz really, they dont have to.
You type like you have an IQ of about 80, and judging from how you put sentences together and your inability to grasp concepts or use the skill of critical reading comprehension (which I guess was just too hard for you to comprehend during your years of education, although from the way you type and continue to try and start something with me, it sounds like those years were very few in number) embarrasses yourself. I truly feel sorry for the teachers who were given the seemingly insurmountable task of educating you.
I'm sorry you feel the need to act like a tough guy on the internet. I'm a dumb ***? I'm sorry but I really don't think you have the right to call anyone that, given your obvious short-comings in intelligence. Do I plan on buying this turbo kit? No. Do you? We don't see you sending 5k blindly, now, do we.
Again, I'm sorry that you believe everything you see written on the internet. I'm assuming you also believe that there are 9 planets in our solar system and that "Area 51 totally exists, I've seen videos on Youtube, man".
I don't see why you took an issue with me for playing Devil's Advocate here on this thread. Someone has to do it.
This will be the last time that I respond to your posts. I do not want to get in trouble with the mod's or derail this thread anymore than this pointless argument already has.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #644
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not when hes accusing the guy of piecing it together himself when it is clearly advertised on the website with pictures to prove.
..... How do you create a turbo kit? YOU PIECE IT TOGETHER YOURSELF. After much trial and error, you find out what works, and if everything goes well and you have the ability and means of production you produce it for your profit and other's benefit.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #645
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You type like you have an IQ of about 80, and judging from how you put sentences together and your inability to grasp concepts or use the skill of critical reading comprehension (which I guess was just too hard for you to comprehend during your years of education, although from the way you type and continue to try and start something with me, it sounds like those years were very few in number) embarrasses yourself. I truly feel sorry for the teachers who were given the seemingly insurmountable task of educating you.
I'm sorry you feel the need to act like a tough guy on the internet. I'm a dumb ***? I'm sorry but I really don't think you have the right to call anyone that, given your obvious short-comings in intelligence. Do I plan on buying this turbo kit? No. Do you? We don't see you sending 5k blindly, now, do we.
Again, I'm sorry that you believe everything you see written on the internet. I'm assuming you also believe that there are 9 planets in our solar system and that "Area 51 totally exists, I've seen videos on Youtube, man".
I don't see why you took an issue with me for playing Devil's Advocate here on this thread. Someone has to do it.
This will be the last time that I respond to your posts. I do not want to get in trouble with the mod's or derail this thread anymore than this pointless argument already has.

Lol i'm typing like i'm on an iphone. And this is the internet bud, not my university thesis. Throwin stones now with off-topic insults is a sure-fire way to get yourself in trouble with the mods, so i'll accept them. Good job. And yea i do plan on buying it, thats why i'm here jerkoff. Not to play keanu reeves. I honestly dont care if you doubt this kit or the company, what i do care about is the turbo and thats why i'm following clamphiers thread/build.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #646
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hope it was a good one!!
Well it's not what I wanted to hear...

The real... boss 227
Old 07-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #647
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well it's not what I wanted to hear...

The real... boss 227

Uh oh. What happened

Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #648
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Uh oh. What happened

I'll let clamphier explain when he gets on.

The real... boss 227
Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #649
Registered Member
Regular

SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #650
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Keeping an eye on this thread as always, waiting to see what alrefire was told.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #651
Registered Member
Regular

Even though I have been following this thread since day 1 and judging by explanations given by clamphier to 'critical questions' everybody has asked here, I'm not surprised alrefire got to heard something I wasn't looking forward to.

Now I don't know if the website says you pay 5K/full money up front but you will get this kit in pieces - spread across a few weeks. If so (slim chance if I've to guess), you can't blame the seller since he is being transparent.

On the other hand, if above ain't the possibility - why the hell on earth would you take orders from customers knowing that your kit ain't even ready/into production yet. Never mind the 5K you have to pay up front, non existence of dyno grapgs, and extensive testing logs to prove the worth of this kit. It would have made more sense if LPF were taking a small chunk of advance down payments instead. Just to reserve your spot in case there is a huge demand for this kit, as per the anticipation we all have had for the past few months.

As for the claims that we don't wanna release any info and such, well then this thread shouldn't have been made at first place. It's going to bite LPF with lot of pissed off 'potential customers.'

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #652
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Even though I have been following this thread since day 1 and judging by explanations given by clamphier to 'critical questions' everybody has asked here, I'm not surprised alrefire got to heard something I wasn't looking forward to.

Now I don't know if the website says you pay 5K/full money up front but you will get this kit in pieces - spread across a few weeks. If so (slim chance if I've to guess), you can't blame the seller since he is being transparent.

On the other hand, if above ain't the possibility - why the hell on earth would you take orders from customers knowing that your kit ain't even ready/into production yet. Never mind the 5K you have to pay up front, non existence of dyno grapgs, and extensive testing logs to prove the worth of this kit. It would have made more sense if LPF were taking a small chunk of advance down payments instead. Just to reserve your spot in case there is a huge demand for this kit, as per the anticipation we all have had for the past few months.

As for the claims that we don't wanna release any info and such, well then this thread shouldn't have been made at first place. It's going to bite LPF with lot of pissed off 'potential customers.'

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

Yep +1, I was all in and defending his kit but now I'm just a spectator. I don't like the way things have been handled thus far but I wish Alrefire and everyone else who purchases it the best and hope they keep us posted on the install/how they like the kit.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #653
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well its advertised as a presale price then it turned into getting him the kit before we officially released it. Sorry things didn't go as planned and how things were handled. Alrefire was a special case and turned into taking longer than it should and this thread was initially to get interest and keep updated information and it turned into a for sale thread.

Again I apologize for everything and how things were handled, it's definitely going to start going in a different direction soon. I know I'm going to get bashed but that's what happened and it's my side and I apologize to Alrefire and anyone else that got offended by how things were handled this was never the plan

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #654
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

By this logic, someone should never critique a car unless they are the CEO of an automotive company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

This is exactly what I advised to Connor in a post almost 2 months ago. Everyone is getting riled up because he talks too much. It looks much worse to raise the expectations and not meet them, rather than be tight-lipped about results from the get-go, then surprise people with slam-bang numbers.

As for the accusations that the people doubting the work (or "hating") weren't ever genuinely interested in the turbo... on what basis are you making that assumption? You can see inside the heads of everyone to learn their intentions through a computer screen? I actually PM'd Connor when I was visiting Houston (I live in Michigan) for another reason, so that I could check out the project. It didn't happen because of other conflicts, but the point is that I WAS genuinely interested in buying the kit 2 months ago. Then I saw how this has all gone down. This thread started in early February, and right from then there have been excuses after excuses. I was sincerely hoping that this would be a worthwhile investment of $5200. Someone would be crazy to throw that money at him at this point. (Sorry Alrefire.) But hey, I'll stay subscribed to this thread because it's entertaining as hell. And who knows, maybe he'll surprise us yet.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #655
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So how long does a pre sale go on for to stir interest?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #656
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice man. Hope all turns out good!
cameron43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #657
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So Connor what happened with the kit?

Didn't you say it would only take 3 weeks to get the turbo which was the hardest part to get?

So how has your car been holding up with the kit so far? I haven't seen any more videos.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #658
Registered Member
Regular

I've been creeping and following this thread since day 1. Love the idea and when my best friend says, "I'm ordering the kit, for real" it makes excited that I get to help install this at my shop. Ive been out on hold a few times and I understand things come up, but I've been chatting with Henson tuning and he's anxious to tune this bad boy just as I'm excited to install it. What's the hold up man? I want to get my hands dirty on a shiny powder coated turbo!

The original... Boss 227!
Old 07-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #659
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Yea seriously when is he going to get that turbo kit? Supposed to ship last week, and the week before that, and the week before that....

Finish the damn thing and send it to him.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #660
Registered Member
Regular

Haven't gotten an answer in 3 days on this thread....
I definitely want to know what happened, as I'm sure a lot of others do. Was there a problem with the kit on Clamp's car? Did something happen with a manufacturer or availability of a component of the kit? Hopefully it is just some confusion and he can get the kit still. If not I really hope he can send what he's received back for a full refund.
Wishing the best for Alrefire and wishing for an answer to what happened.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #661
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I thought "everything was shipped" was mentioned. Wondering what happened here.

searching; seriously, someone else has probably asked before.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #662
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
It really is a shame that this 'kit' has turned into this side show. At this point I really feel sorry for Alegre and his 5k. That's a lot of money to be throwing out there and then get a BS delivery date. For that much money I would be on a plane to Houston in a flash.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #663
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
^^^that was supposed to be Alefire. Auto correct.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #664
Registered Member
Regular

Whether they've had a catastrophic failure or made a little bit of progress, he knows anything he posts on here will be picked apart. That's probably why he's ignoring everyone on here for now. While nothing is wrong with that, I DO NOT think he should leave a paying customer in the dark, especially a $5k customer. That's the ONLY person he's obligated to tell anything until it's completely finished.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
andrewheath09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:33 PM   #665
Registered Member
Regular

I was under the impression that it was apart so they could make the kits as he was talking about the jigs and everything to make them. There was probably something that went wrong with them getting the actual turbo as he said that it was coming from another company. Could be wrong though. Man this was looking so promising for the 3.7 community.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang