3.7 turbo mustang - Page 20 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #666
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I was under the impression that it was apart so they could make the kits as he was talking about the jigs and everything to make them. There was probably something that went wrong with them getting the actual turbo as he said that it was coming from another company. Could be wrong though. Man this was looking so promising for the 3.7 community.
I'm not wanting to cause any problems.
I just want my kit, but I can tell you that's not the holdup.

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #667
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I'm not wanting to cause any problems.
I just want my kit, but I can tell you that's not the holdup.

The real... boss 227
So what's with all the secrecy. Why not just say what's going on?
popeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #668
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post

I think he just wants to respect the business agreement he made and let Clamphier say what happened himself. That way nothing can be misinterpreted, or put anyone in an awkward position.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 10:54 PM   #669
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Yea I may not agree with what's going on and everyone wants to know but I respect what Alrefire is doing even if your upset about not having the kit. It's the right thing to do. It shouldn't be his place to tell what's going on. Clamphier or LPF needs to explain who dropped the ball and why there is such a miscommunication because they are losing/have lost potential customers FAST!
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #670
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Well it's a mix of things.

I don't want to just come on here and start bashing him, that's not my intention. I do, however, want to put some pressure on them and hopefully speed up the whole process.

Honestly, I don't know what the holdup is, and i don't want to start saying things that may or may not be true.

And it's not like I decided a month ago I was going to put down 5400 (that's the current sale price, not what I got it for)
I've been talking to Connor and Justin about this for a very long time. Long before this thread was created. I understood that it would be a while before I got the kit, but the ETA hasn't been met, which is why I'm starting to get a little worried.

The real... boss 227
Old 07-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #671
Registered Member
Regular

From the pictures and information I'm given, everything is ready. He just won't ship it. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't have official numbers and he knows Hasan will install and get real numbers a few days after. And it looks weird that the creator doesn't have numbers yet a customer does first.

The original... Boss 227!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:14 PM   #672
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
From the pictures and information I'm given, everything is ready. He just won't ship it. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't have official numbers and he knows Hasan will install and get real numbers a few days after. And it looks weird that the creator doesn't have numbers yet a customer does first.

If he has everything, said he had shipped it, but then when it never comes says he won't ship it.... Something isn't right. I don't know what it could possibly be, but that is just strange.
I'm sorry, I know myself and others have said this 100000 times, but after literally 4 months of him saying "Dyno this weekend!" There has to be some reason he won't Dyno it. Maybe it really doesn't make much power and he is scared he will get real Dyno numbers and post them up and they're frantically trying to improve it before they send it out? That's the only thing I can think of. Again, not accusing anyone, just speculating on what could possibly be the case, as I have no idea what the case is and I could be totally wrong.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:45 PM   #673
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If he has everything, said he had shipped it, but then when it never comes says he won't ship it.... Something isn't right. I don't know what it could possibly be, but that is just strange.
I'm sorry, I know myself and others have said this 100000 times, but after literally 4 months of him saying "Dyno this weekend!" There has to be some reason he won't Dyno it. Maybe it really doesn't make much power and he is scared he will get real Dyno numbers and post them up and they're frantically trying to improve it before they send it out? That's the only thing I can think of. Again, not accusing anyone, just speculating on what could possibly be the case, as I have no idea what the case is and I could be totally wrong.

Bro I've seen the thing rape a c7 supercharged vette. It makes power. But he doesn't want to put it out there yet. I'm gettin pissed honestly because i want to install it already and start promoting it. But people are looking at me like an idiot because well, it's not in yet.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:35 AM   #674
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hopefully everything goes good

2014 v6 blacked out with dark yellow super snake. airaid cai, bbk tb, bama tunes, 3.73, and magnaflow competition exhaust.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 PM   #675
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bro I've seen the thing rape a c7 supercharged vette. It makes power. But he doesn't want to put it out there yet. I'm gettin pissed honestly because i want to install it already and start promoting it. But people are looking at me like an idiot because well, it's not in yet.

At the track* lol, context is everything. My Best run in my 5.0 (needs driver mod) is a 12.3 @ 118. I've seen civics run 12.0, but only trap 100. Being "quicker" and being "faster" are not the same thing.

I am a local and have seen this kit run and was not impressed. Granted, and pay very close attention to what I am about to say, they had just installed a new converter and the car was not shifting correctly that night at the track. I am interested in seeing how this kit does as well because he has been talking about it for years, but based on my experiences with him, lets just say Justin's fabrication skills far outweigh his business skills.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #676
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning;2053982[SIZE=3
]Bro I've seen the thing rape a c7 supercharged vette[/SIZE]. It makes power. But he doesn't want to put it out there yet. I'm gettin pissed honestly because i want to install it already and start promoting it. But people are looking at me like an idiot because well, it's not in yet.

Very bold words there bub. Do not start saying that this kit will be raping supercharged C7 vettes as some sort of baseline. You are just digging a bigger hole for LPF.

Now did he beat this supercharged C7 vette that night......well I guess he did but that is just that he beat that so called supercharged vette that night. Period. That is not the foundation of this turbo kit is trying to promote.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #677
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
At the track* lol, context is everything. My Best run in my 5.0 (needs driver mod) is a 12.3 @ 118. I've seen civics run 12.0, but only trap 100. Being "quicker" and being "faster" are not the same thing.

I am a local and have seen this kit run and was not impressed. Granted, and pay very close attention to what I am about to say, they had just installed a new converter and the car was not shifting correctly that night at the track. I am interested in seeing how this kit does as well because he has been talking about it for years, but based on my experiences with him, lets just say Justin's fabrication skills far outweigh his business skills.

Ok typical GT fan boy, I'm not an incompetent swine who can't comprehend you're literary directions. No need to go "at the track". I am installing this kit in my shop so I'll stand by it. I'm really pissed he keeps putting it off and off. It's been a year.

But we aren't supposed to talk about street racing on this forum. You should know I'm implying and talking about the track :p

Old 07-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #678
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Very bold words there bub. Do not start saying that this kit will be raping supercharged C7 vettes as some sort of baseline. You are just digging a bigger hole for LPF.

Now did he beat this supercharged C7 vette that night......well I guess he did but that is just that he beat that so called supercharged vette that night. Period. That is not the foundation of this turbo kit is trying to promote.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406579158.560127.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	162425

Old 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #679
Registered Member
Regular

[QU OTE=smurf stang;2054301]Very bold words there bub. Do not start saying that this kit will be raping supercharged C7 vettes as some sort of baseline. You are just digging a bigger hole for LPF.

Now did he beat this supercharged C7 vette that night......well I guess he did but that is just that he beat that so called supercharged vette that night. Period. That is not the foundation of this turbo kit is trying to promote.[/QUOTE]

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406579281.027731.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	162426

The kit is promoting bad assery

Old 07-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #680
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be expecting a return call,
Thanks!

The real... boss 227
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1406581935138.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	162431  
Old 07-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #681
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks!

The real... boss 227
Good luck it seems like you have a following.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 07-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #682
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Good luck it seems like you have a following.
What do you mean?

The real... boss 227
Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #683
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok typical GT fan boy, I'm not an incompetent swine who can't comprehend you're literary directions. No need to go "at the track". I am installing this kit in my shop so I'll stand by it. I'm really pissed he keeps putting it off and off. It's been a year.

But we aren't supposed to talk about street racing on this forum. You should know I'm implying and talking about the track :p

First of all, if you're (proper use) going to try to insult me based on grammar, at least make sure your own is correct.

1. I am not a typical GT fanboy, I am merely stating a fact: That one 3.7 v6 with this kit beat one C7 that had a supercharger, in one race. That is circumstantial at best, and is not solid proof of the kits performance, nor is it the standard this kit should be held to.

2. Anything with enough money / boost / or racing someone with a bad enough driver could be faster than anything. Even if it were (hypothetically of course, since that's apparently against the rules) on the street, it is still 100% circumstantial and should not be used as the baseline for this kits performance.

3. Do not make the mistake of thinking you are the only one who has seen Justin's work first hand. He built the motor in my last car, and I have tuned 2 of his custom turbo set ups. Not once did I insult or deny his fabrication skills, only his business prowess, which I personally find lacking.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #684
Registered Member
Regular

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest,
I won't deny his fabrication skills are impressive.
He has tried to rectify the situation, but i abhor this wait time.
I'm seriously reconsidering my decision.

The real... boss 227
Old 07-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #685
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks!

The real... boss 227
I hope you received a call back!
If you called before 4PM on a Monday and they didn't pick up and you didn't receive a call back... It really sounds like you are being "ducked".
I just can't fathom why they won't send you the kit if you've paid in full and they have all the parts ready. I understand that both parties (You and LPF) have your own agreement on the table, the terms of which we do not know. But you paid, it's ready, you should have it. No excuses. I've read back through the thread and from what I can see you've been waiting for it since February, maybe even longer. They've been saying it's ready since about April, and they've said THEY HAVE SENT OUT KITS BEFORE. You should have yours.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:56 PM   #686
Registered Member
Regular

He said the kit ships out tomorrow morning.
I will keep you guys updated.
I'll start a thread shortly, and I will try my best to give a comprehensive review of the product

The real... boss 227
Old 07-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #687
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll start a thread shortly, and I will try my best to give a comprehensive review of the product

The real... boss 227

Awesome! Happy to hear. It will be interesting to get a customers impressions of the kit. Who are you going with for the tuning and what are you looking for hp wise out of it?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #688
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome! Happy to hear. It will be interesting to get a customers impressions of the kit. Who are you going with for the tuning and what are you looking for hp wise out of it?
E85 8lbs, shooting for 475 to 500 whp 500-550 wtq
I don't know if I'll make that, but it's what I'm shooting for
Henson performance In birmingham, al

The real... boss 227
Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM   #689
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
E85 8lbs, shooting for 475 to 500 whp 500-550 wtq
I don't know if I'll make that, but it's what I'm shooting for
Henson performance In birmingham, al

The real... boss 227
475 whp and 500 wtq would be awesome. If you get 500 and 550 then people will swarm this kit if things become a little less murky. I hope you make the numbers you want and everything goes perfectly. Good luck, and post up a dyno!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #690
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The real... boss 227

And installs of the process at my dad's shop :p

Old 07-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #691
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And installs of the process at my dad's shop :p

The Griffin garage ftmfw
We installed my driveshaft there, along with many other things
Fixed my running lean problem too

The real... boss 227
Old 07-29-2014, 04:32 AM   #692
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You seen a youtube video of it against a c7..... here is a video of JimC running his brand new 100% stock 3.7 against my 12 second Flex.... so by your logic my video shows JimC running a high 12 or low 13 second pass in a completely stock 3.7 convertible.... So JimC has the ultimate factory freak!

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #693
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
You seen a youtube video of it against a c7..... here is a video of JimC running his brand new 100% stock 3.7 against my 12 second Flex.... so by your logic my video shows JimC running a high 12 or low 13 second pass in a completely stock 3.7 convertible.... So JimC has the ultimate factory freak!

No I seen Connors mustang run the vette. His is silver.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #694
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post

Wasn't paying attention. My b.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #695
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo finally shipped. Thanks guys

Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #696
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Turbo finally shipped. Thanks guys

Finally! I wish the best and hope you and your buddy are able to instal this with ease and get great results, please keep us updated on the install process

3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #697
Registered Member
Regular

So Alrefire's kit has shipped out?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #698
Registered Member
Regular

Yup, it has shipped out
Got a tracking number and everything,
And no I won't be posting that

The real... boss 227
Old 07-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #699
Registered Member
Regular

So you both got kits or just one of you ordered one?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #700
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you both got kits or just one of you ordered one?
Only I got it, coty is helping with install.

The real... boss 227

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang