3.7 turbo mustang - Page 27 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #911
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you come back out to royal purple let me know! I live like 3 minutes from the track lol
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #912
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
How is the stock fuel system keeping up. What duty cycle are you at in full boost?
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #913
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
I guess you don't know anything plus you don't know racing and finally you don't know numbers as 10.7 beats 11.2 any day. Wow kids these days. LOL

Now those were some good runs and she moves out well. Now I am not sure about the narrow powerband whether you can get some of that back with better tuning or play with a different AR size.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Apparently you can't read, where did I ever say he was faster then CFM? Did he race CFM in a video somewhere that I missed.
You were the one doubting his kit, saying everyone was drinking kool aid that believed him, etc. You are the one that has to eat crow, you've been wrong the entire time about the turbo kit. To be frank I don't know why you even care, your not going to buy the kit anyways. As far as I can tell your a NA guy and not very knowledgeable on turbocharging from some of the comments I've seen.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #914
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The "kool aid" is that it could possibly be faster than CFM on the stock converter and it wasn't.

Good numbers, it's now exactly in line with what I expected from it. Can't wait to see other's impressions of tuning and exhaust. Also, how much additional $$$ would it cost to run your boost level after buying the kit?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #915
Registered Member
Regular

The stock fuel system has been spot on so far even running e85 which uses 30% more fuel. No bap or anything. Live wire it depends how you want to do it, I have a boost controller which is like 400 but there is other ones you can get or you can get it off using just springs. The kit is good for whatever you want it to go to just depends how far you want to push it. It's responding well to boost and the motor is performing regardless how much boost we throw at it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #916
Registered Member
Regular

Also rr stang do you know if they have anything today?

Old 08-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #917
Registered Member
Regular

Possibilities are endless!
Kit comes with 6 lb springs, I ordered smaller 4 lb springs so that I can run around 10.2lbs.

you can always go back and buy different springs, or use a boost controller

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #918
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Apparently you can't read, where did I ever say he was faster then CFM? Did he race CFM in a video somewhere that I missed.
You were the one doubting his kit, saying everyone was drinking kool aid that believed him, etc. You are the one that has to eat crow, you've been wrong the entire time about the turbo kit. To be frank I don't know why you even care, your not going to buy the kit anyways. As far as I can tell your a NA guy and not very knowledgeable on turbocharging from some of the comments I've seen.
Well obviously you know nothing of racing that is why you are a complete tool.

Connor was bragging about being the fastest 3.7 which he is not.

I have given him his props for a good run and good numbers. He has also done good by becoming transparent and posting some sheets and will post the videos of his runs.

Again as far as you can tell you are wrong again as I am not a "NA" guy as I got experience beyond this 3.7 motor. You obviously have no idea how some things work. Sucks being wrong all the time huh and I am sure you will figure it out soon enough

Connor again good job, are you running a boost a pump?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #919
Registered Member
Regular

I do by understand how anyone doesn't like these motors they are ridiculous and they just keep going!

Old 08-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #920
Registered Member
Regular

I like the 3.7 as the head design and design of the valvetrain which is great but the block design leaves me wanting more with that floating liner.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 08-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #921
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I watched his 11.2 1/4 run and it looks like he damn near blew his tires off. If he got a good start I think he could get in the high tens Imo.
Hey clamp what's the suspension setup on your car so far?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #922
Registered Member
Regular

It's just upper and lower control arms and drop springs. Smurf stang are you talking about the open deck? The motors are awesome the sleeving and the casting they are made from are 100 times better than the 5.0s and a majority of the newer Gen motors. We've been into a few of them now and they are nasty

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I did spin through most of first on the 11.2 run

Old 08-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #923
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Also rr stang do you know if they have anything today?

I think they got some bracket racing event going on
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #924
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm interested in this kit, and can pick it up now even. but I don't like the way the car sounds, and I have to deal with emmisions here in California.

How would it work with 4.10s

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #925
Registered Member
Regular

That's just because the exhaust is coming out of the hood. We have exhaust that goes straight though to your axle backs and it's cleaner we just don't have it that way. It should be fine with 4.10s just loose some top end but it will leave hard

Old 08-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #926
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I'm interested in this kit, and can pick it up now even. but I don't like the way the car sounds, and I have to deal with emmisions here in California.

How would it work with 4.10s

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Same here I want the kit but I have to deal with emissions too so idk

2014 v6 blacked out with dark yellow super snake. airaid cai, bbk tb, bama tunes, 3.73, and magnaflow competition exhaust.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #927
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
It's just upper and lower control arms and drop springs. Smurf stang are you talking about the open deck? The motors are awesome the sleeving and the casting they are made from are 100 times better than the 5.0s and a majority of the newer Gen motors. We've been into a few of them now and they are nasty

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I did spin through most of first on the 11.2 run

A couple questions: how much HP can our stock block/sleeve + stock rods (forged?) Can handle? I know pistons are a weak point and forged ones are readily available for about $900 from super six I guess.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #928
Registered Member
Regular

With proper tuning you should have no problems with emissions.

Well my motor right now is completely stock and you saw what we made and we turned it up since then and still seems to be running like a champ. We have a forged motor waiting to go in when this pops and it's supposedly good to 1200. We will find out. We've had the motors apart and with drop in pistons probably be good for 7-800 no problem

Old 08-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #929
Registered Member
Regular

I will add to the drop in pistons to go with all ARP hardware including the rods. Add a better valve spring and this would be a great and fairly inexpensive build.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #930
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Well obviously you know nothing of racing that is why you are a complete tool.

Connor was bragging about being the fastest 3.7 which he is not.

I have given him his props for a good run and good numbers. He has also done good by becoming transparent and posting some sheets and will post the videos of his runs.

Again as far as you can tell you are wrong again as I am not a "NA" guy as I got experience beyond this 3.7 motor. You obviously have no idea how some things work. Sucks being wrong all the time huh and I am sure you will figure it out soon enough

Connor again good job, are you running a boost a pump?
Have you even done anything to your 3.7? So you know how to build old school NA motors, whoopdie do. Sorry if Im not impressed, anybody with half a brain can build those. I would put money on it my wife knows more about turbocharging and tuning with a computer then you do. Just because you can read on the internet does not make you an expert in anything. Do u even know how to read a compressor map? Do you know even know what compressor surge sounds like vs. Bov flutter or what needs to be done to a turbo to run external gate on manifold? How about off O2 housing. I could go on and on, hell I took a non turbocharged 5 spd awd van, forged it, turbo it, built head/cams, harness/ecu swap, running 4 FIC 1050cc injectors, wally 450lph with a 25g hybrid (similar to a T67) and tuned it myself on 25 psi. Now does that mean I know everything, hell no still learning more as far as tuning goes, but I'm not the one coming on to forums, bashing people and then try acting like I know ****.

So anytime you are down to get raped by a van in your 11 sec stang at the track or in Mexico you let me know. I live in North Alabama and can drive to whatever track you want in a 100 mile radius. I will show you how much a tool I am and how much I know about racing. FYI my van makes full boost at 4k and redline is 7.5k, you can find out first hand if that's enough of a power band.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #931
Registered Member
Regular

The valve springs are small just not sure what we could go up to. From what I've seen and people I've talked to they are the same as the ones in the ecoboost. I just haven't been able to find any the same size so I'm gonna see how these do.

Nice southern cyclone, that's so awesome I've always wanted to do a van like that be so awesome. That's kind of what I did with my car just not to that extent, everyone just expects it to be a decently fast v6 but they do not expect my car

Old 08-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #932
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you even done anything to your 3.7? So you know how to build old school NA motors, whoopdie do. Sorry if Im not impressed, anybody with half a brain can build those. I would put money on it my wife knows more about turbocharging and tuning with a computer then you do. Just because you can read on the internet does not make you an expert in anything. Do u even know how to read a compressor map? Do you know even know what compressor surge sounds like vs. Bov flutter or what needs to be done to a turbo to run external gate on manifold? How about off O2 housing. I could go on and on, hell I took a non turbocharged 5 spd awd van, forged it, turbo it, built head/cams, harness/ecu swap, running 4 FIC 1050cc injectors, wally 450lph with a 25g hybrid (similar to a T67) and tuned it myself on 25 psi. Now does that mean I know everything, hell no still learning more as far as tuning goes, but I'm not the one coming on to forums, bashing people and then try acting like I know ****.

So anytime you are down to get raped by a van in your 11 sec stang at the track or in Mexico you let me know. I live in North Alabama and can drive to whatever track you want in a 100 mile radius. I will show you how much a tool I am and how much I know about racing. FYI my van makes full boost at 4k and redline is 7.5k, you can find out first hand if that's enough of a power band.
You wanted to see the kit before before I install it, how about we meet up friday, before I leave to Whitelightning ' place

The real... boss 227

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

And your wife can give me some tips for the install lol

The real... boss 227
Old 08-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #933
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The valve springs are small just not sure what we could go up to. From what I've seen and people I've talked to they are the same as the ones in the ecoboost. I just haven't been able to find any the same size so I'm gonna see how these do.

Nice southern cyclone, that's so awesome I've always wanted to do a van like that be so awesome. That's kind of what I did with my car just not to that extent, everyone just expects it to be a decently fast v6 but they do not expect my car

They are not the same. The ecoboost springs are taller. The base and the tops of the springs are the same inside and outside Dia. The ecoboost spring is taller. I dropped off a pair of 3.7 and 3.5eb springs to be tested to see if the 3.5 springs can be a drop in spring. I could not find the installed height of the 3.5 spring. Aftermarket springs are available but I'm not sure who has them. I have not gotten a call back on the springs as of yet. It's been a while.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #934
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With proper tuning you should have no problems with emissions.

Well my motor right now is completely stock and you saw what we made and we turned it up since then and still seems to be running like a champ. We have a forged motor waiting to go in when this pops and it's supposedly good to 1200. We will find out. We've had the motors apart and with drop in pistons probably be good for 7-800 no problem

It's good if its running like a champ, but for how long on a DD like most of us guys out.. we shall see.

What mods did you do to your forged motor for it support 1200 hp?

Also, are you talking about drop in pistons that super six sells? Is 7-800hp also a limit for stock rods n block?

Just curious before I put my money down on forging.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #935
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
You wanted to see the kit before before I install it, how about we meet up friday, before I leave to Whitelightning ' place

The real... boss 227

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

And your wife can give me some tips for the install lol

The real... boss 227

Yeah man that works out great, I'm off on Fridays. PM me where (address) and what time and I'll be there next Friday.

I'd love to see what I'm going to be getting in about 3 month time frame.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #936
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There's a few running around, most do a 4g63T swap, but I probably have the most work done in my motor. I forged the 4G64, put a built 4G63 DOHC head swap, etc., etc., etc. Now there is a guy up in the Northeast that has one, I think his best time is 11.2 right now on a FP red, he has a lot more suspension modifications then I do, a lot of evo swapped stuff. He also has quite a few videos of him at the drag strip, autocross and a pretty cool 1 hot lap oval track racing they do. Only thing that has beaten him in the oval track racing was a Boss 302R and he was beating it up to the 2nd turn when his motor shut off, lol.

My 3.7 Mustang is my driver (although I still only have 12k on it) even all modded up, the little van is where I sink the real mod money into.
Ultimate sleeper status!
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #937
Registered Member
Regular

My car is my only only car and my daily driver. I've had it boosted for 4 months beating the hell out of it basically every night on 10 pounds. I can almost guarantee you I've done 400+ full throttle pulls which is what puts strain on the motor because of the high rpm. I see no problem in you having it as your daily especially with e85 or meth on 8-10 pounds which should easily beat most cars on the street and still get mid 30s mpg driving around.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #938
Registered Member
Regular

The motor is just the forged rotating assembly from mmr and that's it. As for the drop in pistons yes the super six ones. We are working on getting some made right now too

Old 08-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #939
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah man that works out great, I'm off on Fridays. PM me where (address) and what time and I'll be there next Friday.

I'd love to see what I'm going to be getting in about 3 month time frame.
Sometime this friday at like 1:20 ish.
I'll be in huntsville, and I'll be leaving straight to Tuscaloosa to pick up coty.
I'll pm you my number later and we can set up a location..
It'll have to be quick tho, because I have a lot of driving to do.

The real... boss 227
Old 08-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #940
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bro, typical keyboard tough guy calling out people who you have no idea about of what they know. Keep copying and pasting stuff you have read on forums and google searching. I am very scared.

Obviously you have your panties in a wad since you feel threatened. Good look with your diamond star build and your grocery getter.

Kids nowadays

Old 08-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #941
Registered Member
Regular

Let's keep this post legit guys no need for drama.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #942
Registered Member
Regular

Lol turbo minivan 
Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407630364.342316.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  52.9 KB
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #943
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The motor is just the forged rotating assembly from mmr and that's it. As for the drop in pistons yes the super six ones. We are working on getting some made right now too

Well, how much a stock block can handle? You can have 2000hp rotating assembly in it, how much would it be able to handle before letting off go? I have looked around- can't really find a short block for our 3.7s to handle higher numbers.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #944
Registered Member
Regular

Not really sure, the only weak part or possible weak park would be the cylinder wall and sleeves because it's and open deck. But it's a 4 bolt main and it has a girdle so bottom end should be good. I think if you sleeved it easily 1500 and if you got it decked Or made a girdle for it probably 2000. But the block is awesome sand casted so it's not porous

Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #945
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Lol turbo minivan Attachment 163175
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang