3.7 turbo mustang - Page 29 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #981
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
Whats so bad about racing a gtr and a lambo and beating them. . Just cus it isn't some thing you would do? Its called going out and having fun and showing what the car can do.
I totally agree with you here! But given the history of this thread, I guess claims of beating a gt-r and lambo seemed a bit too good to believe.. without a proper clear video of his runs.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #982
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I've got a link to a very clear video, if you want it pm me

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #983
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The problems with street racing are variables. Did the other guy start in the right gear, was he in the meat of HIS powerband, did someone jump, did you hit a bump in the road, can you shift, do your tires suck, was the road uphill, downhill, were they BSing about their mods... Street racing has way too many variables, a 1/4 track has hard data and numbers. If you run a ****ty time but only cut a 2.5 60' then its obvious the car isnt slow, it just cant launch. If you run a 10 second pass but only trap 120 its obvious the car just gets off the line super well but has no pulling power. There are ways to accurately interprit data from the track, street racing is almost all speculation. The same with a dyno, you can see where the useable powerband is, see how the car will fall back after its shift points, measure the useful torque... Its just all around ... well i'd say more useful data, but street racing provides almost zero data except datalogs and i imagine theres only a hanfdul of people in this thread who could even make heads or tails of those.

That being said, it does take seat time to get in a car and drive it to its full potential, even an automatic. You cant expect a kit to go out and run its very best time the first time ever to the track, there are suspension / tire / power delivery things that need to be worked out. Also, at least in my experience, the tunes i make for the drag strip are a far cry from a tune for maximum street performance (especially with a turbo). Basically my point is that while the 1/4 does provide useful data, your outputs are only as good as your inputs...
Voltwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #984
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
The problems with street racing are variables. Did the other guy start in the right gear, was he in the meat of HIS powerband, did someone jump, did you hit a bump in the road, can you shift, do your tires suck, was the road uphill, downhill, were they BSing about their mods... Street racing has way too many variables, a 1/4 track has hard data and numbers. If you run a ****ty time but only cut a 2.5 60' then its obvious the car isnt slow, it just cant launch. If you run a 10 second pass but only trap 120 its obvious the car just gets off the line super well but has no pulling power. There are ways to accurately interprit data from the track, street racing is almost all speculation. The same with a dyno, you can see where the useable powerband is, see how the car will fall back after its shift points, measure the useful torque... Its just all around ... well i'd say more useful data, but street racing provides almost zero data except datalogs and i imagine theres only a hanfdul of people in this thread who could even make heads or tails of those.

That being said, it does take seat time to get in a car and drive it to its full potential, even an automatic. You cant expect a kit to go out and run its very best time the first time ever to the track, there are suspension / tire / power delivery things that need to be worked out. Also, at least in my experience, the tunes i make for the drag strip are a far cry from a tune for maximum street performance (especially with a turbo). Basically my point is that while the 1/4 does provide useful data, your outputs are only as good as your inputs...
Well put I must agree.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #985
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agreed! And very well said!

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #986
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I totally agree with you here! But given the history of this thread, I guess claims of beating a gt-r and lambo seemed a bit too good to believe.. without a proper clear video of his runs.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Well it ran an 11.2 .. im sure it could run a mid 10 sec on a great run down the track. Thats definitely good enouph to keep up and perhaps beat one of those 2 supercars. I guess everyone mad this guy isnt doing things the way they would like him to do..
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #987
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R.STANG View Post
Well it ran an 11.2 .. im sure it could run a mid 10 sec on a great run down the track. Thats definitely good enouph to keep up and perhaps beat one of those 2 supercars. I guess everyone mad this guy isnt doing things the way they would like him to do..

This goes back to my point, nothing but speculation. Seat time at the track will prove this kit, nothing more, and nothing less. And again, that is not a stab at Connor, nor his driving abilities, but it is difficult to just hop in a car and run it as fast as it will go the first time out.

I beat a low 10 second supercharged auto 5.0 at the track in my all motor 5.0, and have the time slip to prove it. My Car runs consistent low 12's ... he was spinning and let off at the 1/8th, but my time slip says "winner." If that was on video, it may be obvious he let out, it may not be, it may look like my car has hellacious top end, and maybe this is a bit of an extreme example but you see my point. On video it would be nothing but guessing, if i handed you the time slips, his superior 60', superior 1/8th, but like 74 mph finish trap speed would clearly show he let off.

Again, for the sake of having to baby down everything for everyone, i am not saying the people they have been racing are sandbagging, i am just saying time slips tell more than a video. It just is what it is.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #988
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This goes back to my point, nothing but speculation. Seat time at the track will prove this kit, nothing more, and nothing less. And again, that is not a stab at Connor, nor his driving abilities, but it is difficult to just hop in a car and run it as fast as it will go the first time out.
Not sure seat time alone will get the car as it sits to mid-10s...

Main issue is they still claim to be the fastest 3.7 which they clearly are not....

Just now from his FB page...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	163301  

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #989
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not sure seat time alone will get the car as it sits to mid-10s...

Main issue is they still claim to be the fastest 3.7 which they clearly are not....

Just know from his FB page...
I agree, the trap speed isnt there, but i am waiting to be proven wrong and will be the first to admit when i am.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #990
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
How is it not there? The hellcat runs a 10.8@126. He ran a 11.2@127. He can run a 10.8 pass for sure, and if he hooks up perfectly he has the trap speed to even run mid 10s.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

The 2013 Gt500 runs a 11.7@125 as well.

powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #991
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
How is it not there? The hellcat runs a 10.8@126. He ran a 11.2@127. He can run a 10.8 pass for sure, and if he hooks up perfectly he has the trap speed to even run mid 10s.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Good runs no less and a pretty good showing.

Trap speed might be there but there might be other issues as trap speed not everything. It is all a combination and mixture to form the perfect concoction. Like most turbo cars they usually have a better back half. A lot more goes into potential than reading the mph.

Also remember.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ric-flair-champion.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	163302  

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 08-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #992
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

The hellcat also has an 8 speed auto to get that 4500 lb boat moving with short quick gears. Most 10 second passes are in the 130s to 140s, so while 128 is close, its not quite there. With a better 60' it shouldnt have a problem being in the 10's, but until it actually does it we're all just guessing.

Like i said, i've seen civics run 12.0 but only trap 100. ET just measures traction, trap speed measures pull power. To an extent*
Old 08-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #993
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The car is pretty badass but clearly not the fastest. Not yet anyway. Conner you should really stop claiming that until you actually beat the record. Do you have any plans to throw a converter on? iirc you don't have one yet.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #994
Registered Member
Regular

There is a converter in it and it's supposed to be a 3800 from circle d and it won't even go to 3 that's most of the problem. I didn't even know that was on there the page is run by me and some people at work and I can't see it from the manager page it only shows up on the actually page sorry guys

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #995
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
There is a converter in it and it's supposed to be a 3800 from circle d and it won't even go to 3 that's most of the problem. I didn't even know that was on there the page is run by me and some people at work and I can't see it from the manager page it only shows up on the actually page sorry guys.

Oh ok I must I have missed that. Is there anything else your looking to do to make it faster or are you content with where it's at?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #996
Registered Member
Regular

Oh no nowhere close to content gonna make the stall lock sooner do some suspension tweaking and go on the boost we have it at now. At the track we were on 14 and didn't realize we were on overboost. Now we are on 18 have the problem fixed and we are going for low 10s before we do the motor swap

Old 08-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #997
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Oh no nowhere close to content gonna make the stall lock sooner do some suspension tweaking and go on the boost we have it at now. At the track we were on 14 and didn't realize we were on overboost. Now we are on 18 have the problem fixed and we are going for low 10s before we do the motor swap

Low 10's on an all stock motor???

I wish you luck, brother!
ponie1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #998
Registered Member
Regular

Everything this guy does, he is bashed by the same people lol
Old 08-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #999
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks well its held together so far. Also do any of yall know what the record is for recorded highest horsepower numbers is on our motor? Yeap low 10s all stock

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Stock motor that is

Old 08-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #1000
Registered Member
Regular

You know, the bashing and questioning is getting rather old and I've stayed out of it. When it comes down to it, Connor is gonna handle things and run his business the way he sees fit. I have my own small business (unrelated to Mustangs or the automotive industry all together) and I run it the way I see fit and what works for me. I say let this man be and enjoy what he is doing and the results he has gotten. You have to admit that what he has accomplished so far is very impressive! Enough with the bashing and criticism on how he handles things. Instead, maybe give some positive advice in a constructive manner and congratulate him on what he has done. And, if you don't like how he is going about his business, do it yourself!

Keep at it Connor!
Old 08-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #1001
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks ponie 1992 I appreciate it and it was a constructive thousandth comment! I appreciate you guys keeping up with it and giving feedback regardless if I agree with you or not the car is what it is and I'm not ever going to be content with how fast it is. So don't worry there is more and more to come!

Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #1002
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 turbo mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
You know, the bashing and questioning is getting rather old and I've stayed out of it. When it comes down to it, Connor is gonna handle things and run his business the way he sees fit. I have my own small business (unrelated to Mustangs or the automotive industry all together) and I run it the way I see fit and what works for me. I say let this man be and enjoy what he is doing and the results he has gotten. You have to admit that what he has accomplished so far is very impressive! Enough with the bashing and criticism on how he handles things. Instead, maybe give some positive advice in a constructive manner and congratulate him on what he has done. And, if you don't like how he is going about his business, do it yourself!

Keep at it Connor!

It's an open forum. These are legitimate questions and concerns. Speaking for myself anyway. Don't like it then don't participate in the forum. There is no denying the kit is awesome as I've said before and I like it but not everyone is going to like everything about it. Everyone has an opinion and you see that come out on places like this. Anyway keep it up Connor and best of luck breaking the record.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #1003
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Thanks well its held together so far. Also do any of yall know what the record is for recorded highest horsepower numbers is on our motor?
Yours is the highest HP dyno I've actually seen. A couple guys running tons of boost (somewhere from 10-15psi) on prochargers have claimed 550, but I haven't seen dyno charts of them. CFM ran 10.89 @ 126 on the procharger that they guessed was making mid 500's.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM   #1004
Registered Member
Regular

That's why I said recorded too lol. Well I guess I'll have to do another one so it's recorded and word of mouth the highest

Old 08-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #1005
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'd have to knock you for saying fastest 3.7 as you aren't yet, but highest recorded horsepower stock bottom end 3.7 sounds pretty true to me.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #1006
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I thought you guys were going to push the stock engine till it lets go?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #1007
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Keep at it Connor!
Just remember this is a public forum with everyone's opinion. So it looks like you will have to deal with it. People will always have their own opinion and on here it will be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
Yours is the highest HP dyno I've actually seen. A couple guys running tons of boost (somewhere from 10-15psi) on prochargers have claimed 550, but I haven't seen dyno charts of them. CFM ran 10.89 @ 126 on the procharger that they guessed was making mid 500's.
Always remember transparency is king.

And by the way CFM ran faster than that.....

Old 08-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #1008
Registered Member
Regular

But remember Smurf, they aren't saying ANYTHING about dyno numbers for that setup (apart from that early video making 440/500). So I left it out. They mentioned mid 500's with their old PC setup.

I for one would love to have a Cyclone Shootout. Get CFM and LPF to do a track and dyno day. And at the end of the day LPF sells all the kits because CFM isn't selling. :-p
Old 08-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #1009
Registered Member
Regular

We probably will but if it doesn't blow up before street car takeover we will probably do the swap. We've already asked them multiple times and they won't respond

Old 08-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #1010
Registered Member
Regular

So we are just gonna drive it there for fl2k and ask them politely to race and see what happens. But supposedly they have built motor now so need to verify that

Old 08-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #1011
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Keep at it Connor!

Its important to understand the difference between bashing and questioning. Bashing is saying this kit will never be the fastest, questioning is simply asking for proof that you are.

I'm going to assume i am one of the people you are talking about since i have been one of the more vocal Devil's Advocates in this thread, but if i were claiming the fastest 3.7 then people would expect no less proof from me. I have merely pointed out things i have seen from my experiences, and Connor has either addressed them or hasnt (btw its not his business) and we've moved on.

Wanting proof of a claim is not bashing. Understand that is the way this industry works, you need video, data logs, dyno graphs, people want data to really pour over to decide if a kit is for them. Simply saying " i beat a GT-R" is not an adequate substitute.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #1012
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
I thought you guys were going to push the stock engine till it lets go?
I would like to see a response to this question, as Connor definitely said that somewhere on this thread before. (I'm not gonna hunt through 1,000 posts to find it though.) If LPF changed their mind, fair enough, it's their project, but it is a legit question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I for one would love to have a Cyclone Shootout. Get CFM and LPF to do a track and dyno day. And at the end of the day LPF sells all the kits because CFM isn't selling. :-p
I would pay to see this! I hope CFM gets back to you guys soon.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #1013
Registered Member
Regular

No we are for sure pushing it been on 18psi for about 4 days now and been our racing 3 of them still together. We have two weeks to pop it we just want to have everything done for street car takeover. If not I guess we will do it one morning before we go out

Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #1014
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks ponie 1992 I appreciate it and it was a constructive thousandth comment! I appreciate you guys keeping up with it and giving feedback regardless if I agree with you or not the car is what it is and I'm not ever going to be content with how fast it is. So don't worry there is more and more to come!

No problem. The car is awesome and I've enjoyed your progress with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
It's an open forum. These are legitimate questions and concerns. Speaking for myself anyway. Don't like it then don't participate in the forum. There is no denying the kit is awesome as I've said before and I like it but not everyone is going to like everything about it. Everyone has an opinion and you see that come out on places like this. Anyway keep it up Connor and best of luck breaking the record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Just remember this is a public forum with everyone's opinion. So it looks like you will have to deal with it. People will always have their own opinion and on here it will be heard.
You guys are correct. This is a public forum so, I guess you'll have to deal with my comments as well.

Quote:
Its important to understand the difference between bashing and questioning. Bashing is saying this kit will never be the fastest, questioning is simply asking for proof that you are.

I'm going to assume i am one of the people you are talking about since i have been one of the more vocal Devil's Advocates in this thread, but if i were claiming the fastest 3.7 then people would expect no less proof from me. I have merely pointed out things i have seen from my experiences, and Connor has either addressed them or hasnt (btw its not his business) and we've moved on.

Wanting proof of a claim is not bashing. Understand that is the way this industry works, you need video, data logs, dyno graphs, people want data to really pour over to decide if a kit is for them. Simply saying " i beat a GT-R" is not an adequate substitute.
I disagree with how this industry works. It has gotten better in recent years as it has become easier to obtain dyno results, track results, data logs, etc. But, it wasn't long ago when manufacturers "claimed" this and that with no real proof. I'm not talking about all manufacturers, but a lot (even some of the bigger names) did not have all of this data.
I think what kinda gets me is the impatience shown by some people, especially those that in reality will never buy this product. I don't think people understand the work and labor involved in bringing a new product to the public. Maybe he brought it out too early and didn't have all of the info that some are repeatedly requesting. I'm sure he wanted it known about because he was excited to do so. Hell, I would be. But, he is doing the best he can imo. I'm sure he requires sleep, food and a personal life. Time is a most precious commodity and as we all know, there's just not enough of it most of the time.
Let's give the guy a break and follow along as he reveals more to us. I feel very confident that you all will get the answers that you require. Until then, sit back and relax This has been a good show so far!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #1015
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
No we are for sure pushing it been on 18psi for about 4 days now and been our racing 3 of them still together. We have two weeks to pop it we just want to have everything done for street car takeover. If not I guess we will do it one morning before we go out
I completely understand you guys wanting to roll out to street car takeover with a built engine. That completely makes sense, especially when the competition supposedly has a built engine. That certainly wouldn't be fair to you guys or anyone else to be running around with a stock engine on borrowed time.

I'm not wanting you guys to just go out with the purpose of destroying the engine. I am just curious, as I am sure that a lot of people are, at just what this engine can handle from the factory with proper tuning while really being pushed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang