Tune + Warranty - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If your going to get one, Just put your stock tune back in when taking it in for service because they like to update the CPU and if they do it may cause you problems.
This is something everyone should keep in mind when tuned and considering a warranty service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
There is always risk whenever you decide to tune, but like stated earlier, even without a tune and you hit the rev limiter, or abuse your ride and break something in the motor ford can deny you warranty work, read your manual it clearly states "abuse" can deny warranty work. So the next time anyone is at the track and is pushing the car to its limits remember, if something breaks you might as well been tuned because you'll be in the same boat!
Haha very true!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
This is something everyone should keep in mind when tuned and considering a warranty service.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Haha very true!
+1

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I don't mean to be anti-tune, just playing devils advocate. Remember that any business's first priority is to maintain a certain level of profitability. Some view being completely in service to the customer is how you do this, some to a lesser degree. Some act like they couldn't care less if they see you again.

Sent from my XT1053 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
We also offer this great product just in case ...

Steeda Billet OBD II Port Cover - Made in USA 555-1260 - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We also offer this great product just in case ...

Steeda Billet OBD II Port Cover - Made in USA 555-1260 - Free Shipping!

Best Regards,

TJ
That is so cool I might buy it even though I'm not tuned!

Sent from my XT1053 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
My second car was a Veloster Turbo 2013, Only had that car for 5 months and had to sell it!!!!!!!! I installed a custom FMIC and one day I went to the dealer because some issue I was having and guess what? the F dealer sent a letter to hyundai and boom my warranty was gone, yes gone I had no more warranty in a Brand new car just for an FMIC!!!!!!!!
It is illegal for a car company to void your entire warrentee for one aftermarket part. No different from a Valvoline oil filter put on not by the dealer. If it had been me, I would just have called Saul. Or the local Saul like lawyer
www.bettercallsaul.com

All joking aside, I could have got a legal letter sent back to them for less than a $100.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I know is illegal but i just dont have the time to do that, and dealers are a pain and it can easily take months and meanwhile you have no car and if i dont have a car i them wont be able to go to work so is all a chain lol.
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
I know is illegal but i just dont have the time to do that, and dealers are a pain and it can easily take months and meanwhile you have no car and if i dont have a car i them wont be able to go to work so is all a chain lol.
I can understand that, but know if they didn't fix a repair your intercoller didn't cause, and refused, you could have them pay for your rental car and other costs. If you don't have a emergency fund, yes that can be an issue. I have a fund setup to deal with car repairs, because someone mentioned to me you had to pay to play and it just made since. Took almost a year of saving before mods, but done first.

Edit: Also Ranger, on more reflection it sounds like your dealer was "Preying On You" for all the reasons you mentioned and Figger' it would get no resistance. SO if that car company Hi-Undies thinks it can do that, we need more folks to send them letters telling them they cant in the United States Of America with rights. Of Course that would need to be spun up on a Hi-Undie forum. No Disrespect that was a Kewl car I just googled, for a ricer ...(sorry old man

I am sure on the road race track it can hold its own.

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
If someone is that concerned or adamant about maintaining their warranty, DON'T TUNE! Its that easy. One runs the risk of voiding certain aspects of the warranty should they tune and an issue arises in the engine or transmission.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Might be off topic but I have a premium maintenance plan which cost me around $2500 and it covers brake pads and linings, wipers, clutch disk, Shock absorbers, Tire rotations, Engine oil and filter changes, Engine belts and hoses that goes to 7 years or 75,000 got upgraded for free from the 5 years. This won't be voided if my warranty gets voided for tuning would it?

I figured it was cheaper than getting oil changes done somewhere else and it would all be done by Ford and since it was so cheap might as well.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
Might be off topic but I have a premium maintenance plan which cost me around $2500 and it covers brake pads and linings, wipers, clutch disk, Shock absorbers, Tire rotations, Engine oil and filter changes, Engine belts and hoses that goes to 7 years or 75,000 got upgraded for free from the 5 years. This won't be voided if my warranty gets voided for tuning would it?

I figured it was cheaper than getting oil changes done somewhere else and it would all be done by Ford and since it was so cheap might as well.
I have that also and no it should be just fine, but like mentioned before talk to your dealer and see where they stand, all dealers are different and some are more lenient than others.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post

I would think your maintenance plan is a separate entity and not a warranty plan. I would think you getting a tune would have absolutely nothing to do with your maintenance plan.

With that said it might be best to speak to the dealership where you have your maintenance done and check with them about the performance tune
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm with Kona on this

Quote:
I would think your maintenance plan is a separate entity and not a warranty plan. I would think you getting a tune would have absolutely nothing to do with your maintenance plan.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang