transmission issue need help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
transmission issue need help!

So my car has been driving great up until now. '14 v6 base auto 2500 miles. I went to accelerate onto a main road and hit a bit of ice. The wheels spun while turning left, then caught dry pavement. This caused the car to lurch forward and shift hard. I could hear a loud noise like a hard shift. After that the check engine light came on and it seemed to stay in second gear. I drove home slowly parked it. About 10 mins later I came outside and took it for a spin. It seems to be shifting fine, but the light is still on. Any ideas? Ford doesn't open until Monday.

I'll be really pissed if this hard shift caused transmission damage. Another bit of info was traction control was OFF since in snowy weather I like it off.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I went to advanced auto and the kid used the scanner. He said it read code P0657 "interruption to trans control solenoids.". Anyone know what that means?

Also on the way home the check engine light turned off. Only reason I'm asking is that I'm in Maine right now and will have to drive back home to Connecticut tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My research is P0657 code means Actuator supply voltage A circuit open. I don't know what it means either . I would drive it around for a whie to see if the code comes back on.

I think its just a 'fluke' and the code won't come back.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Still under warranty. Just take it to the dealer and have them check it out. I dunno if I would tell them you had the traction control off on slick roads as they might try to say its your fault if there is something wrong.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm sorry this isn't helpful but may I ask why you like having the TC off in the snow?
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I checked Google and came up with this:

Possible causes

- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection
- ECM Programming

For me, this would be a trip to the dealership, as your Mustang is still under warranty. I would not offer any information as to "how you were driving" or that you had the TC disabled (off). Although, they might be able to tell, as the PCM stores certain information about the car; not sure if it stores if/when the traction control is disabled or not.

You could always plead ignorance if asked; it's always easier to ask for forgivness then to ask for permission!
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
transmission issue need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
So my car has been driving great up until now. '14 v6 base auto 2500 miles. I went to accelerate onto a main road and hit a bit of ice. The wheels spun while turning left, then caught dry pavement. This caused the car to lurch forward and shift hard. I could hear a loud noise like a hard shift. After that the check engine light came on and it seemed to stay in second gear. I drove home slowly parked it. About 10 mins later I came outside and took it for a spin. It seems to be shifting fine, but the light is still on. Any ideas? Ford doesn't open until Monday.

I'll be really pissed if this hard shift caused transmission damage. Another bit of info was traction control was OFF since in snowy weather I like it off.

Fwiw, I had this happen yesterday after my battery of 4 years took a dump. After I jumped it, it did this. Hard "lurching" shifting in/out of reverse as well as in/out of drive. When driving, it stayed in second.

Once I got home, I pulled the negative terminal. Waited ten. Reconnected. Effectively reset everything. Solved the issue. Now today my battery died again so I'm just going to swap out for new batt.

You triggered the computer freak out with loss of traction... Mine from the jump.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Update: its at the dealership in Maine being looked at. They said it should be fixed in 1-2 days. I wont be back in Maine until Friday anyways.
I like the basic traction control off (i never disable the stability control one)when on icy roads since the car becomes more predictable. Yes it will break loose, but I know how to counter that. When I first got the car I was driving on ice and when the traction control kicked on it caused me to overcorrect. Its great in rain and snow. Useless on ice. Being born and rised in Maine Ive driven through a lot of **** and advancetrac is a joke on ice.

It did it again yesterday night so I decided to leave it in Maine for the local ford dealer to look at. Took my mothers rav 4 back to CT
Old 02-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you read the 'owners manual', it says if you get stuck in the snow or mud, you 'might' need to turn the traction control 'off' to get un stuck. Just saying........
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Issue fixed. The wire harness plug came loose that plugs into the transmission. Easy fix for the dealer.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
Staff

Regular
Staff

sweet

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang