2013 torque management - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
2013 torque management

So from what i can tell from this site is that a stock 2013 v6 auto will not do a burnout or even spin the tire a little bit from a slow roll when it's dry out. My question is does an aftermarket tune take that out or no? I'm not looking for advice on how to do a burnout or how a manual is better just looking at making it a bracket racing car. Consistency is key so I'm trying to figure out what will help/hurt my times
Thanks
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFYA2818 View Post
So from what i can tell from this site is that a stock 2013 v6 auto will not do a burnout or even spin the tire a little bit from a slow roll when it's dry out. My question is does an aftermarket tune take that out or no? I'm not looking for advice on how to do a burnout or how a manual is better just looking at making it a bracket racing car. Consistency is key so I'm trying to figure out what will help/hurt my times
Thanks
OPEN your owners manual and remove the Nannie's are you complaining about. A GT with the Nannies is almost just as crippled.

Once you do that shut down of the 2 traction systems... and have never driven a 70s "Live Axle" car,meaning a solid Axle, if your not careful you will slide sideways into a tree or even worse....

"Warning...Speed Camera Ahead..." Dag Nabit we crashed into the Speed Camera Pole

Post Script: Your Nannies can be removed without a tune, tunes can turn them off when you start the car...I Personally dont want that. Even with a tune I want to have the "STUFF" that makes my car safe on all the time untill I personally **** it the fark off.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Turning off the TCS and Advance track doesn't work on the 2013+. Ford put torque management in the programming and it will limit the car - it took the aftermarket programmers awhile to find out how to disable it and allow a burn out.

You have to get a tune that specifically disables the torque management. My race tune I can do a burnout after doing the full TCS/Advance Track off (hold brake and hold the TCS button down for about 5 seconds). My street tune the torque management program kicks in.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Are you sure about this statement?
["it took the aftermarket programmers awhile to find out how to disable it and allow a burn out."}

I could almost totaly agree with you but I managed a good one without that crap in the 1 week of owning my car. ANd I know folks that pushing limits I don't want to...
Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Positive. My car was the test mule to solve the problem of a burnout.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
So, my 13 GT can't do a burnout because of a torque management system?

Never tried before, but dangit!!!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Does it applies to manual too?
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Good to know it is something you can tune around to take in or out. Is it something BAMA is capable of or is it a more in depth tune
CFYA2818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:44 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
So, my 13 GT can't do a burnout because of a torque management system?

Never tried before, but dangit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytan06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFYA2818 View Post
Good to know it is something you can tune around to take in or out. Is it something BAMA is capable of or is it a more in depth tune
It is only on the automatic, and only starting in 2013. Prior to 2013 the torque management wasn't in the tune. And yes, a tune will take care of it. Once you have a tune with torque management disabled, turn the Advance Track full off (hold the brake down, hold the TCS button for about 5 seconds until "Advance Track off" appears in the center window) and you can do a brake stand. Without the tune the automatic won't allow you to brake stand over 2,000 rpm. You can put the pedal to the floor and it won't go over 2,000 until you take your foot off the brake.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Jim, that is very good information, thank you.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
2013 torque management

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytan06 View Post

Nope just dump it. Tcs off and whatnot. Ive done some mean burnouts in my '14

Hold on tight and dont kill yourself or anyone else lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang