X-Pipe Questions - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I think this is it. I don't use YouTube much.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybI7ZLyuFyGgRd7vDXAPBw
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
I think this is it. I don't use YouTube much.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybI7ZLyuFyGgRd7vDXAPBw

Thanks! Any reason why your guy made your h pipe so different
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I wonder why BBK never made and offer an off road or catted H pipe for its long tube headers. They only offer an X pipe.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
Thanks! Any reason why your guy made your h pipe so different

He said it flows and equalizes the pressure better and assured me I would have little to no harshness (rasp) in the sound. He said I could remove the resonators and put in high flow cats and it would still sound good but I didn't want to do that as I might be moving overseas in the near future.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #75
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I wonder why BBK never made and offer an off road or catted H pipe for its long tube headers. They only offer an X pipe.

Most companies go for performance instead of sound. The xpipe has a better flowing design.
CVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post

Most companies go for performance instead of sound. The xpipe has a better flowing design.
Got ya! Thanks bro!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #77
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He said it flows and equalizes the pressure better and assured me I would have little to no harshness (rasp) in the sound. He said I could remove the resonators and put in high flow cats and it would still sound good but I didn't want to do that as I might be moving overseas in the near future.

The new setup sounds good!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Nah I don't really have a channel. Working on getting better quality videos but my wife took the good camera with her on a trip out of the country so all I have is crappy ones for now but here is another.

http://youtu.be/C8QqH8SBET4
That sounds awesome! Wow!

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Exhaust shopping is so damn hard. You try and listen to all the youtube clips, but they can be so deceiving. lol I think i'm just going to wait until the AM show, or the Northeast meet up to here them in person. Its really the only way.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
Exhaust shopping is so damn hard. You try and listen to all the youtube clips, but they can be so deceiving. lol I think i'm just going to wait until the AM show, or the Northeast meet up to here them in person. Its really the only way.
Bro, your right. Exhaust setups are very difficult especially because what sounds great too me , it may sound like crap too you. Even you tube videos are really hard too determine if its the right exhaust set up for you. The best is if you hear samples in person.

Do you have a 3.7 or 5.0 or 4.6?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Here is what my 11 3.7 sounds like with my BBK long tube headers, off road x pipe and Flowmaster Force II axle backs. I do give it a few revs at the end. Not saying its the best but I love the tone.

https://db.tt/W9IhiPbc
Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
yes true at High RPMs from clocking into the traps. But the factory H-X pipe is better for low-end torque on the street. Depends on what you are looking for in performance. Our V6 needs torque more than anything for the street.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #83
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
yes true at High RPMs from clocking into the traps. But the factory H-X pipe is better for low-end torque on the street. Depends on what you are looking for in performance. Our V6 needs torque more than anything for the street.

I did not know this. I had a result of an increase in power along the full RPM range after installing the FRxpipe. Maybe the combination of shorty headers helped. They were installed first with full intake mods.
I am fortunate to be able to have constant live Dyno read outs on a daily driving basis and did several logs/runs after each performance part added. The tunes were revised for each part as well. And the luck I was having with the tuning was a hassle at the time, so maybe that was a factor as well. so many variables!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bro, your right. Exhaust setups are very difficult especially because what sounds great too me , it may sound like crap too you. Even you tube videos are really hard too determine if its the right exhaust set up for you. The best is if you hear samples in person.

Do you have a 3.7 or 5.0 or 4.6?
I have a 14 3.7
Old 03-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You should get an H-pipe because it will help give a deep rumble without some of the harshness that can come with x-pipes. I'll see if I can get a clip of my set-up posted. BBK shorty headers, stock cats/resonators with a custom H-pipe, Borla S-type cat-back.
I agree. I know it is all personal preference but the H pipe is deeper from all I have read and heard (clips) I went with H pipe. Also supposed to be better at low end RPM for torque where X is better for high end RPM torque. Here is a clip of my 2013 with Off Road H-pipe and muffler deletes. Stock headers. I do have BAMA tune and CAI though. I know mine is a GT and your asking about V6 but hoping the H pipe sound clip vs. some of the X might help you decide.
Attached Files
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a 14 3.7
Here is my set up on my 11 3.7 for what its worth! Lol. BBK long tubes, o/r x pipe, Flowmaster Force II axle backs.

https://db.tt/W9IhiPbc
Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did not know this. I had a result of an increase in power along the full RPM range after installing the FRxpipe. Maybe the combination of shorty headers helped. They were installed first with full intake mods.
I am fortunate to be able to have constant live Dyno read outs on a daily driving basis and did several logs/runs after each performance part added. The tunes were revised for each part as well. And the luck I was having with the tuning was a hassle at the time, so maybe that was a factor as well. so many variables!
Kewl, glad you go the gains, sound like you do have a good combo. One question on the live Dyno readouts? You mean like data logging? Not exactly the same as a chassis Dyno but do great for remote tuning and they make sure you are not going to break something in the Engine. They allow a remote tuner to get the most performance out of your engine with the best protection while still being remote. But real actual power/torque numbers have to come from a chassis Dyno, despite what many will claim, our pocket gadgets just don't equal that.

The Shortys just might be the ticket to that, I am not an authority, just that in esearch, folks report low end out of h-x factory pipe over X-pipe; also that the h or h-x pipe is deeper sound.

Same goes back to old school hot rodding. Large long tunnel ram intakes are great at high rpm, and bog out in low end. Short runners on intakes get low end torque, but not as good at high rpm and start wheezin' . One for street the other for strip. headers were/are same way, its physics. To make up for it back then, high ratio rear end gears, large rpm stall auto converters, or high rpm launch speeds on manuals were needed to get the car moving into the high rpm power band where it then "exploded" with violent power! [gotta love that
Old 03-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #88
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

X-Pipe Questions

Quote:
Kewl, glad you go the gains, sound like you do have a good combo. One question on the live Dyno readouts? You mean like data logging? Not exactly the same as a chassis Dyno but do great for remote tuning and they make sure you are not going to break something in the Engine. They allow a remote tuner to get the most performance out of your engine with the best protection while still being remote. But real actual power/torque numbers have to come from a chassis Dyno, despite what many will claim, our pocket gadgets just don't equal that.

The Shortys just might be the ticket to that, I am not an authority, just that in esearch, folks report low end out of h-x factory pipe over X-pipe; also that the h or h-x pipe is deeper sound.

Same goes back to old school hot rodding. Large long tunnel ram intakes are great at high rpm, and bog out in low end. Short runners on intakes get low end torque, but not as good at high rpm and start wheezin' . One for street the other for strip. headers were/are same way, its physics. To make up for it back then, high ratio rear end gears, large rpm stall auto converters, or high rpm launch speeds on manuals were needed to get the car moving into the high rpm power band where it then "exploded" with violent power! [gotta love that

The device can datalog also. But I'm talking live dyno readouts. Uses the same PiDs as the shop computers(windows). Actually more accurate than a shop dyno tho, because of real "on road" driving conditions. Showing hp torque, etc. here is the interface I customized/programmed for my setup. I am the only one with this setup in the mustang world. I have programmed an interface for the WRX as well
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394586890.828418.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	150358Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394586904.056769.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	150359Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394586916.205271.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	150360Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394586924.638463.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	150362Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394586935.242426.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	150363
Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #89
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a shot of the in car setup

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1394587224.685245.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	737.3 KB
ID:	150364
Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The device can datalog also. But I'm talking live dyno readouts. Actually more accurate than a shop dyno because of real "on road" driving conditions. Showing hp torque, etc. here is the interface I customized/programmed for my setup. I am the only one with this setup in the mustang world. I have programmed an interface for the WRX as well
What program is that?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #91
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

X-Pipe Questions

Quote:
What program is that?

DashCommander. Available for iOS, Android, and PC platforms. You will need a compatible dongle for the mobile platforms. GoPoint is the best and has no latency along with auto power on and off. Stay clear of the Chinese versions, they will kill your battery and have horrible latency.
Great software once you learn the programming.
The software is not cheap. Once downloaded I am able to share my skins
Old 03-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

DashCommander. Available for iOS, Android, and PC platforms. You will need a compatible dongle for the mobile platforms. GoPoint is the best and has no latency along with auto power on and off. Stay clear of the Chinese versions, they will kill your battery and have horrible latency.
Great software once you learn the programming.
The software is not cheap. Once downloaded I am able to share my skins
I already purchased a dongle off of eBay for like 20 bucks. I use torque app. Its neat. What do you mean they kill the battery. Are you saying they always drawl power when you leave them connected? What do you mean latency?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #93
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

X-Pipe Questions

Quote:
I already purchased a dongle off of eBay for like 20 bucks. I use torque app. Its neat. What do you mean they kill the battery. Are you saying they always drawl power when you leave them connected?

That's been my experience with them.The latency is the most concern(the amount of time it takes the data to transfer-gauges). I would check to see if your device is supported by the developer also.
I use a goPoint and iTSX dongle simultaneously on two ports on a daily basis with no issues.
No issues now that SCT has ironed out the bugs with the iTSX
Old 03-11-2014, 08:36 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Are you talking about this dash commander program? Its free to download on my android phone.

Name:	ForumRunner_20140311_213707.png
Views:	219
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	150366
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #95
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

X-Pipe Questions

Quote:
Are you talking about this dash commander program? Its free to download on my android phone.

Attachment 150366

I have yet to use the android version. I heard cons with the platform and how the readouts were not smooth, but that could have been a factor with the device it was tested on and what processor he used. But maybe that's why it's free lol. The iPad version is 60 bucks. Windows version is 400 bucks. Try it and let us know.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have yet to use the android version. I heard cons with the platform and how the readouts were not smooth, but that could have been a factor with the device it was tested on and what processor he used. But maybe that's why it's free lol. The iPad version is 60 bucks. Windows version is 400 bucks. Try it and let us know.
It looks like the android version is 10 bucks too purchase.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Yes I have those apps on Andriod. [Edit but don't have the tablet in the dash like you, super Kewl]
But unless you dial in your exact weights, and compare output power on a chassis Dyno to the "Dyno SImulator" in these programs you can be off by about 10-15%. Just like real airplane and real rocket simulators. Once dialed in, you should be very close.

Did you get yours dialed in?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #98
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I have those apps on Andriod. [Edit but don't have the tablet in the dash like you, super Kewl]
But unless you dial in your exact weights, and compare output power on a chassis Dyno to the "Dyno SImulator" in these programs you can be off by about 10-15%. Just like real airplane and real rocket simulators. Once dialed in, you should be very close.

Did you get yours dialed in?

Exactly. Some info is needed such as weights, tire sizes, gear ratios, etc. is needed to be accurate.
It's pretty accurate
Compared on a dyno run, we were off by 2hp. Or he was off by 2hp
Could have been the cheeseburger on the way.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Prochamber!!!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly. Some info is needed such as weights, tire sizes, gear ratios, etc. is needed to be accurate.
It's pretty accurate
Compared on a dyno run, we were off by 2hp. Or he was off by 2hp
Could have been the cheeseburger on the way.
That's awesome CHV. How did you install the iPad?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #101
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's awesome CHV. How did you install the iPad?

I have a thread located somewhere about it. I am currently mobile.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #102
CVH
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Prochamber!!!

There is a pro chamber thread also, I am curious to see what it sounds like on a 3.7L.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man I am in the same dang boat.. My old set up was bbk intake bbk short headers, bama tune , pypes axel back.. And it was pretty loud and the tone was untamed.. 1-3k rpm sounded amazing after three it sounded just blah.. So I bought the borla stingers... Now I feel like my exhaust is waayyy to quiet.. And now I need a new mid pipe to increase some air flow so that I can once again hear my baby rumble.. I was considering the catted X pipe because performance gains.. But am leaning towards the H pipe because I want a deep growl.. With my set up what so you guys think? Oh and I need to be catted.. So pro chamber H is out the window.. So bbk X catted mid or MRT mid H pipe... Plllleeeassse enlighten me with some info!
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
How bout buy the x pipe and get a muffler shop to make you an H
Old 06-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think I may just go catted x.. I really wanted the H but I do t trust my muffler shop to custom make an H lol
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang