American muscle louvers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #1

Region: Idaho
American muscle louvers

So I bought the quarter window louvers from americanmuscle.com for my 2014 mustang. The website said that they were made for any 05-14 mustang, but when it arrived the box said 05-09. I tried to put them on and there seems to be a gap near the bottom, I'm wondering if I just need to push it down until it fits or do I have the wrong louvers for my car?
Here is the link to the louvers MMD Mustang Quarter Window Louvers - Matte Black 71303-99 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
fangbite13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangbite13 View Post
So I bought the quarter window louvers from americanmuscle.com for my 2014 mustang. The website said that they were made for any 05-14 mustang, but when it arrived the box said 05-09. I tried to put them on and there seems to be a gap near the bottom, I'm wondering if I just need to push it down until it fits or do I have the wrong louvers for my car?
Here is the link to the louvers MMD Mustang Quarter Window Louvers - Matte Black 71303-99 (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles getting these installed. They will look awesome when this is resolved, and we would certainly like to see some pictures.

The box you received has most likely just never been updated, and I apologize for this confusion. The 05-14 Mustangs do have the same body lines and dimensions on that panel, so I am confident that the louvers will fit.

The problem that a lot of people run into, (myself included) is that the body has a slight curve while louver is generally flat on the side that adheres to the body. It sounds that the tape worked itself loose on the bottom creating this hole. The tape included will keep the louver down once the adhesive fully bonds to the body.

You may need to reapply new tape to the louver and try again, if you need new tape we would be more than happy to provide it, or reimburse you, if you buy it locally. It is 3M's automotive grade tape and can be bought at any Pepboys or auto parts store.

If you do reapply make sure to clean with just water and soap around the window, any wax will inhibit the bond. Also, if you can, let the car sit for as long as possible to let the adhesive cure. Finally, the warmer the car is the quicker and better the bond will be.

If you need any tape, need to be reimbursed for the tape you purchased, or have any questions please PM me with your information, or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. I hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You can't really look what it says on the box because when I got my roush axlebacks it also said 2011 gt on it but I have a 2014 gt
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
AMDanBailer,

Would you also recommend this:

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...6EVs6E666666--

I see many body panel parts manufacturers recommending this to prepare the surface for 3m's automotive tape, specifically for plastic surfaces.

Painted surfaces may contain wax, and this will certainly cause the tape to fail.

Or is just some good isopropyl alcohol good enough?
Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
AMDanBailer,

Would you also recommend this:

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...6EVs6E666666--

I see many body panel parts manufacturers recommending this to prepare the surface for 3m's automotive tape, specifically for plastic surfaces.

Painted surfaces may contain wax, and this will certainly cause the tape to fail.

Or is just some good isopropyl alcohol good enough?
Yes. That 3M tape will definitely do the trick. Just about any 3M double-sided tape you can find at a local parts store will work just fine.

If the surface currently has wax on it, you're definitely going to want to use some alcohol wipes to clean the surface very good. If there is any wax on the body panel, the 3M tape won't be able to stick very well.

I hope this helps! If you do end up picking up that tape, let us know and I'll make sure you're reimbursed!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang