My second Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My second Mustang

About a week or two ago an old lady cut me off and totaled my first Mustang. It sucked, it was a 2013 V6 base model with the tech package, it was an automatic. My insurance is giving me all the money I payed for that car back and I'm at a crossroads. I really want to get a manual, but I haven't had too much experience with them, I can get them into first without stalling and it seems like I would have more fun with a manual. The thing is that it's going to be my car for everything. Wherever I need to go whether it being the grocery store or a friends house. I would only want an automatic because the car will be driven pretty much everyday. Once in a while my friends and I go for drives on PCH and smaller canyon roads and that's when I wish I had a manual. I also want to change up the color, I had a metallic gray Mustang and now I'm thinking either race red or the deep impact blue. Your thoughts? Thanks guys!
MichaelDieguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

And I'm thinking if either getting a 2014 base or the premium.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDieguez View Post
About a week or two ago an old lady cut me off and totaled my first Mustang. It sucked, it was a 2013 V6 base model with the tech package, it was an automatic. My insurance is giving me all the money I payed for that car back and I'm at a crossroads. I really want to get a manual, but I haven't had too much experience with them, I can get them into first without stalling and it seems like I would have more fun with a manual. The thing is that it's going to be my car for everything. Wherever I need to go whether it being the grocery store or a friends house. I would only want an automatic because the car will be driven pretty much everyday. Once in a while my friends and I go for drives on PCH and smaller canyon roads and that's when I wish I had a manual. I also want to change up the color, I had a metallic gray Mustang and now I'm thinking either race red or the deep impact blue. Your thoughts? Thanks guys!
Seems like your young, get the manual. I'm old, bought the auto and wished I had got the manual. You got plenty of shiftin' power in your left leg yet I bet. Mine goes numb from time to time (back issues). I still will get a manual on my next one.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

If you can get into first and not stall out you've already passed the hardest part lol get the manual
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just gonna throw this out there but why not look into a 5.0? U can get a used one cheaper than a new 3.7. Only reason I say this is because I was in the same situation as u & got another 3.7 only to trade it in 1 year later! I wish I would have just gotten the 5.0 from the get go I would have saved some $! Don't get my wrong the 3.7 is an awesome car I was just giving u something to think about!
As for stick or auto..I had my 1st 2 3.7s auto & I went with stick in my 5.0 & I'm happy! I drive mine every day & I live in Los Angeles with all the traffic..I don't mind all the shifting it's not that bad! U will get used to it! I bough my 5.0 with 0 experience driving stick & I thought my self! Haha. It was a piece of cake really!

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
If you can get into first and not stall out you've already passed the hardest part lol get the manual
+1
Old 02-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wish i would have bought a stick, but oh well, i still enjoy it either way. If you can afford a 5.0, get a low mile used one. As for the color get deep impact blue, i get so many compliments and a few (non-car) people have asked me if it's factory color lol.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My main concern was the traffic in LA! I'll look into a low mileage used 5.0, my mom would much rather buy me a brand new car though. It sucks and it's great at the same time. I'm about to finish my first year of college, so I'm about to turn 19! Haha
Old 02-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My main concern was the traffic in LA! I'll look into a low mileage used 5.0, my mom would much rather buy me a brand new car though. It sucks and it's great at the same time. I'm about to finish my first year of college, so I'm about to turn 19! Haha
I drive my stick 5.0 in LA traffic everyday!! It's not as bad as I thought it would be! Sometime it does get a little annoying but once u hit open road & twisties it'll make up for it! Haha. If u have a friend with a stick car try to drive in some traffic so u get an idea but IMO it's really not that bad like some people make it out to be! Just to give u an idea I got my 12 5.0 with 24k miles for about 24k like 3 months ago. U can't go wrong with a brand new 3.7 either tho! Haha.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Road Trip!

LA traffic isn't THAT bad.. Outside of the freeways lol I've always driven stick and this is my first auto "sports" car lol

Just don't get on the 405/110 from like 5pm to 7pm and you'll be fine lol

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The open road and twisty roads would definitely make up for it! I'll have to drive it to see. My friend has a 2014 v6 manual, so I'll ask him to drive it for a couple hours or so!
Old 02-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The open road and twisty roads would definitely make up for it! I'll have to drive it to see. My friend has a 2014 v6 manual, so I'll ask him to drive it for a couple hours or so!
Yea ask him to let u drive it & even try it out on the 405 at 5pm so u can get a worst case scenario! Lmao.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I understand the auto is a great performer, but I just think the standard transmission (manual) is simply much more fun! There are so many ways to drive your car with a standard transmission you'll be discovering and having fun for a long time to come, I think.

Not to mention is saves some money! You might upgrade to the Performance Package by skipping the automatic transmission. Definitely worth a thought!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang