Lower fog lights. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,341
Lower fog lights.

I would like to replace these with white ones. I'm looking at h11 5k fog lights on eBay, does anyone know if these will fit and be a close match to the hids? Thanks.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1392928679653.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	148341  
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Connor323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 146
I replaced my lower fogs with 6k HIDs, and they look great. The stock headlights are 4300k so the 5k will be a little whiter. H11s will work, make sure you get the ballasts though.

Overall I think it's a great mod, you won't regret it.
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,341
Do you know what's in there now? I would just like to replace the bulbs.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Connor323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 146
The stock bulbs are LEDs. I believe DiodeDynamics sells some good LED fogs that will plug directly into your fog housing. They won't be as bright as HIDs, but they'll be pretty bright. And you can also get that white color you're looking for.
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Do you know what's in there now? I would just like to replace the bulbs.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Stock bulbs are Philips H11 55W halogens. I thought they were 35W since they're not too bright, bought 55W..only to find it out otherwise

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,341
I'm really just trying to get a "White" look other than the yellowish look from the OEM lights. For me they don't have to be bright, just white. The HIDs headlights are more than bright enough for me considering all my other cars never had these fantastic headlights before.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Connor323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 146
Yeah this is correct, they are halogens. Sorry I wasn't paying attention to what I was typing.

Bazinga...so we can put 55W HIDs in that small of a housing?
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 738
I replaced my OEM fog light bulbs with Philips H11 X-Treme Vision Fog Light Bulbs. Twice the throw of the OEM. We've been getting fog in the mornings here in Irvine, Ca and the fog lights have really cut through it just fine.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,341
Will these fit in the stock housing and give the "white look I'm looking for? Thanks again for all the post guys! Much appreciated. http://m.ebay.ca/itm/281266929788

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor323 View Post
Yeah this is correct, they are halogens. Sorry I wasn't paying attention to what I was typing.

Bazinga...so we can put 55W HIDs in that small of a housing?
You tottaly can; I personally wouldnt risk our fog light housing with 55W HIDs. Reason being: amount of heat produced by their high wattage (5000 Lumens). Its just metal with a projector glass, so it shouldnt really melt..but you know shiet happens lol

I started a thread on fogs couple months ago. Search 'long range fogs' in this V6 section for it, a lot of people have given their valuable insight in there.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
bazinga11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Burbs
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Will these fit in the stock housing and give the "white look I'm looking for? Thanks again for all the post guys! Much appreciated. http://m.ebay.ca/itm/281266929788

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
Bro they're 100W, they're going to fry your wiring and maybe the tiny glass lens too. Don't go over 55W.

Check DDM tuning, they've H11 HIDs for like $35. Or go with Philips X-treme vision, as suggested by one of us above.

I'm curious about their longevity though, since they're ON pretty much all the time you're driving. Any ideas?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Bro they're 100W, they're going to fry your wiring and maybe the tiny glass lens too. Don't go over 55W.

Check DDM tuning, they've H11 HIDs for like $35. Or go with Philips X-treme vision, as suggested by one of us above.

I'm curious about their longevity though, since they're ON pretty much all the time you're driving. Any ideas?

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Lol, glad I asked then!

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Connor323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
You tottaly can; I personally wouldnt risk our fog light housing with 55W HIDs. Reason being: amount of heat produced by their high wattage (5000 Lumens). Its just metal with a projector glass, so it shouldnt really melt..but you know shiet happens lol

I started a thread on fogs couple months ago. Search 'long range fogs' in this V6 section for it, a lot of people have given their valuable insight in there.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
yeah that's why I opted for the 35W. I have 35W on the headlights of my old car and they haven't gone out yet and it's been over 3 years.
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fog lights Blovett55 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 66 06-03-2013 04:39 PM
91 gt fog lights problem! 91BlueMule 1979-1995 Mustang GT 12 02-11-2012 07:22 PM
Fog lights delete 02utahgt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 02-07-2012 01:17 PM
tail lights.? mystang50 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 10-09-2011 02:32 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.