I hate to brag ""'BUT"" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I hate to brag ""'BUT""

I just hate bragging about how great my 3.7 V6 automatic Mustang MCA premium is but I'm sure you all would like to know what my V6 did:

Yep, this is the second year my Mustang got the people choice award. I was actually stunned when my name was called.

Bucko was there with his beautiful red V6 and won a gold award. It was a good day and I'm a very happy Mustang V6 owner.

My Mustang at the show
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #2

Sweet congrats! Didn't know you guys were in Florida also.
turnitepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the (2nd) win.
cor66vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Congrats. Clean ride.
Foxbody401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Good job!
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Congrats Ronnie.... That baby is a beauty...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Making us 3.7 boys proud. Congrats!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Congrats to you and bucko!
Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Awesome job!!!!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Way to go Ronnie!!! Red Candy is the fastest color
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:15 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Way to go Ronnie!!! Red Candy is the fastest color
Hmmm....I like that color, but Race red....well they named it that color for a reason!

Ronnie's car was for sure the shiniest and slickest paint/surface at the show. Ask him what he uses to keep it that way. Good stuff.

Ronnie, next time park farther away from me! Those judges were still waiting for their pupils to adjust after the sun was gleaming from your paint!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

OK Bucko

I seen you go up for an Award. Tell us about it. I love "RACE RED" too. Your Mustang looked great and deserved an award.
I know my car was shining like a Diamond or Red Ruby. I love Project-X from Croftgate inc. It is the best stiff I have ever used for protection as well as making a car shine.> Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida - Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida
The show was a lot of fun and I think they said over 400 cars were pre-registered. ( Not Official) Just what someone from the hosting club mentioned. I know there were a lot. Even though it did rain in the morning the day turned out just "PERFECT"
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats

Congrats Ronnie, these Candy Red Metallic ponies really get attention, my Roanstang has modeled for cruzin concepts and is the 1st R&D 3.7 for motorvationefi. I just did a full correction with Euro Tech 7000 polish/glaze, I'll check out your Florida product,Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_Port Lavaca Ford 005.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	148806  
Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You will love Project-X

I do not work for or sell for this company. I do love it though. It is easy to use, has UV protection (Florida Sun) will ruin paint if you use a paste wax. The stuff makes the car so slick that even the dreaded Florida Love-Bugs do not stick and wash off very easy.
The only problem I found using Project-X is it makes my car so slippery that it is a pain in the butt to put my cover on or take it off because all it wants to do is slide off the car.

I used to use Zaino products but switched to this after using it just one time. It is Assume.
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
giogonzalez101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I do not work for or sell for this company. I do love it though. It is easy to use, has UV protection (Florida Sun) will ruin paint if you use a paste wax.

Ronnie

I'm not following this sentence. Could you please explain? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Thanks!
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I'm not following this sentence. Could you please explain? I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Thanks!

Or are you trying to say the Florida sun will ruin your paint if you only use a paste wax?
Old 02-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It gets very hot.

Test it this summer if you come to Florida
Wax your car with a good paste wax, It will shine and feel smooth.
Now park your car in the Florida Sun.
Run your finger across the hood or roof after it has been sitting in the sun for a while.
You will notice that you will have a nice smudge where the wax is melting.
I know our Fathers have just loved the great Paste waxes but this is 2014 and the paint protection technology has come a very long way. There are many better ways to protect your finish now they work much better and are much easier to apply.

Things like Zaino or Croftgate Project-X are easy to use not only on the paint but also on the black plastic parts as well as they protect the stripes and decals. I even use project-X on my glass and wheels.

And Yes, Grabber Blue, Our Florida sun has the very highest UV rays in America and will fade almost everything. It is probably because we have less pollution to block the suns rays.

I may be old but I do keep my mind opened to the newer stuff that comes out.
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, thanks! I understand what you were trying to say now. Do you find those products at any auto parts store?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No, They sell them on line at their web-sites.

Croftgate sells on line > Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida - Croftgate Inc. of Central Florida
They also sell at larger car shows.

Zaino also sells on line> http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=zaino
I can get it at Eklers Corvette center about 60 miles from home but I usually just got it on line. I still use Zaino car wash.
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
I have been looking at croft get for a while but never pulled the trigger, I might have to do it this summer. How hard is it to apply to the whole car? Do you put it on after you wash the car?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
congrats thats awesome
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #24
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I've always used a good carnuba paste wax, such as Mothers. Why, because it has the highest temp rating before it would melt, as Ronnie was stating. I'll still continue to use it once every three to four months, but the stuff Ronnie uses is great for it's ease of use (spray on, wipe off), and this is great for detailing at a show. I plan to buy a bottle of it for show use, and who knows, it might just replace my tried and proven carnuba paste wax.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

This has turned out to be a great and informative thread. Thanks to the staff here for "Getting it" as a lot of forums just don't. I use these forums to learn, thanks again,Alan in sunny Seadrift,Tx.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Adogg

Go to the web site and view the video. It is amazing how easy this stuff goes on. I do wash my car if it gets to dirty even though they say you don't have to. If my car is not really dirty and just dusty or pollen I just use the Project-X and done.
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Amazing, I wash my pony too much I know. If it's as slick as you say hopefully most of the dust I put up with should blow off as I hit 130 mph. Just kidding, well I did just get a tuner from motorvationefi.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I just hate bragging about how great my 3.7 V6 automatic Mustang MCA premium is but I'm sure you all would like to know what my V6 did:

Yep, this is the second year my Mustang got the people choice award. I was actually stunned when my name was called.

Bucko was there with his beautiful red V6 and won a gold award. It was a good day and I'm a very happy Mustang V6 owner.

My Mustang at the show
Ronnie
Good job. So how many cars were in your class? (1)?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep, Counting me"Only Me"

You must never have been registered in any quality car show or you would know there has to be more then one car in each class. Especially in an all Ford/Mustang event. I voted for my car and I guess I'm the only one that voted for anybody because i did get the award.
I really think you are a nice person and thank you for your very important input.
Ronnie
Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I always wanted to make my race red shine, nice products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
giogonzalez101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I've been using eagle 1 wax as you dry on my. 05 and now 14 I got a kit from resist all paint protector renewer but haven't used it yet my car came with a protection plan for all exterior problems
deut110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang