Exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Exhaust?

I'm looking for a new axleback, I had the pype bombs which were pretty good until I got my off road x pipe, then it was full rasp from there! So I sold then and I'm just on stock mufflers w/ the x pipe!

What would be a better upgrade then the pypes pype bombs, was looking into Mac axlebacks
Ramon2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I drive a gt, but I heard a v6 with roush go by me the other day. It was definitely a head turner
Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I have Roush axleback and they are great a little loud at first but once they break in they quiet down a bit
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Exhaust?

Nice , I want something that would pair up good with an off road x pipe , and for a future shorty header.
Ramon2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I think the Roush wit x pipe is extremely loud I haven't heard it in person but I'm pretty sure there is a video on youtube
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
O/R X + Roush is gonna be nothing but rasp too... Just look at all of the recent threads popping up in the 10-14 V6 section of their Roush rasp problems.

I'm gonna recommend Borla S-Types, they're known to be deep so they should balance out the V6 o/r x-pipe combo. Or grab you a pair of GT resonators.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Bassani if your looking for something deep

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

U should have put some resonators with the pype bombs it would have sounded amazing! If u don't wanna put resonators if suggest looking at some quiet axlebacks like borla touring or gt500s.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Get some magnaflows the oval ones!
Sebas395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borla Stype

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Or Add resonators and run it straight piped it's orgasmic

Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Exhaust?

What would resonators do to pypes?
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_commando88 View Post
Bassani if your looking for something deep

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

+1 I promise the Bassani's are deeper than the Roush. But it isn't as loud.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
What would resonators do to pypes?
Just pype bombs alone?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Yea that's all I've done to my exhaust so far
Old 02-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea that's all I've done to my exhaust so far
I think it would make them too quiet..deeper but definitely quiet! Do u plan on doing full exhaust? If u do that's when I recommend the resonators.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon2013 View Post
I'm looking for a new axleback, I had the pype bombs which were pretty good until I got my off road x pipe, then it was full rasp from there! So I sold then and I'm just on stock mufflers w/ the x pipe!

What would be a better upgrade then the pypes pype bombs, was looking into Mac axlebacks
OP, personally I'm a huge fan of Flowmaster's for mustangs and have the Force II axle backs and love the tone. This unfortunately is such an individual opinion based on whats pleasing to the ear. There are people here who love the Roush axle backs. I personally think they are god awful , horrid noise it's sole purpose too just give off loud pitch. Its pitch and tone are most unpleasing to my ear drums , however this is just a personal opinion. I say this not too put down other peoples choices just giving an opinion.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I think it would make them too quiet..deeper but definitely quiet! Do u plan on doing full exhaust? If u do that's when I recommend the resonators.

I'm quite actually thinking about a full exhaust with long tubes and the gt500 axlebacks, but I can't find a video of it anywhere
Old 02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon2013 View Post

Hey,

The Pype's pype bomb is definitely an aggressive free flowing system, so it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't live with it and the x pipe.

You are certainly going to want a chambered muffler this time around. The chambered muffler systems tend to produce a deeper and bit more subtle tone. If you can afford to go with the Borla ATAK that would be my first choice. They have an awesome deep tone, and are one of the nicest axles backs money can buy.

A more affordable option, that I think you would like, would be the Flowmaster Force II. This again has a deep tone and will cancel out much of the raspy sound you don't like.

The Mac system you picked out is not a horrible choice, however I do hear some complaints about a drone it makes on the highway. Other than that, the tone will be deep, and they will do you well.

I think you head is in the right place, and I am confident that any chambered muffler design will be a big improvement over the Pype bomb system. Keep in mind with any of these kits we do offer a 6% forum member discount. Also, if you see any system you are interested in on another site advertise cheaper, we will match it.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask myself, or our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
+1, I put some glasspacks on a stock set up other than my Roush AB to try and deepen the sound but all they did was make it way too quiet, almost back to stock. They lasted a day.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

The Pype's pype bomb is definitely an aggressive free flowing system, so it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't live with it and the x pipe.

You are certainly going to want a chambered muffler this time around. The chambered muffler systems tend to produce a deeper and bit more subtle tone. If you can afford to go with the Borla ATAK that would be my first choice. They have an awesome deep tone, and are one of the nicest axles backs money can buy.

A more affordable option, that I think you would like, would be the Flowmaster Force II. This again has a deep tone and will cancel out much of the raspy sound you don't like.

The Mac system you picked out is not a horrible choice, however I do hear some complaints about a drone it makes on the highway. Other than that, the tone will be deep, and they will do you well.

I think you head is in the right place, and I am confident that any chambered muffler design will be a big improvement over the Pype bomb system. Keep in mind with any of these kits we do offer a 6% forum member discount. Also, if you see any system you are interested in on another site advertise cheaper, we will match it.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask myself, or our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan
Dan, please correct me if I'm wrong but the Roush axle backs are pretty much straight through like the pipes. No baffles inside. Just a loud high pitch!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm quite actually thinking about a full exhaust with long tubes and the gt500 axlebacks, but I can't find a video of it anywhere
That sounds like a good set up! I had LTs,Xpipe,Pype bombs,resonators set up on my 3.7 & loved the sound..deep loud rumble!!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Borla Pro Series
Mike2014V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
O/R X + Roush is gonna be nothing but rasp too... Just look at all of the recent threads popping up in the 10-14 V6 section of their Roush rasp problems.

I'm gonna recommend Borla S-Types, they're known to be deep so they should balance out the V6 o/r x-pipe combo. Or grab you a pair of GT resonators.

I have Borla S-Types catback on mine; awesome sound when you need it; little to no drone unless you punch it. Theyre deep; however, I think the Roush is raspier.. perhaps too raspy. Highly recommend the S-Types.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Magnaflows sound pretty sweet and with a airaid cai, my car sounds awesome not too raspy. But borla is best if you got the cash it's a great setup.

giogonzalez101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

As a side note I bought my S-Types from Maryland Speed. They were on sale (and still are) plus I spoke to a rep and haggled the price lower due to a misunderstanding about a coupon.

Borla Stinger Catback Exhaust (Aggressive)- 2011 Ford Mustang V6 (3.7L) [140375] - $1,152.99$885.65 : MarylandSpeed.com- Your First Stop on the Way to Performance!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWolf View Post
I have Borla S-Types catback on mine; awesome sound when you need it; little to no drone unless you punch it. Theyre deep; however, I think the Roush is raspier.. perhaps too raspy. Highly recommend the S-Types.
Yup I recommend Birla S-Type as well

Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I've heard almost all the more popular choices from the borla to magnaflow in person, and the deepest, least raspy, best sounding in my opinion is the Ford Racing sports. And that's what I ended up with. I get lots of comments on "this has to be a v8" or to that effect, and "you must've spent a lot on exhaust to make it sound like a v8", so I am very satisfied with them. Also, never heard any bad reviews from others.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
I've heard almost all the more popular choices from the borla to magnaflow in person, and the deepest, least raspy, best sounding in my opinion is the Ford Racing sports. And that's what I ended up with. I get lots of comments on "this has to be a v8" or to that effect, and "you must've spent a lot on exhaust to make it sound like a v8", so I am very satisfied with them. Also, never heard any bad reviews from others.
I almost went with a Ford Racing exhaust; if Borla is out of your budget OP I highly recommend the Ford Racing.

However OP, any particular reason why you wouldnt go with catbacks? Axlebacks won't give you much in return.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I almost went with a Ford Racing exhaust; if Borla is out of your budget OP I highly recommend the Ford Racing.

However OP, any particular reason why you wouldnt go with catbacks? Axlebacks won't give you much in return.
Borla is actually the manufacturer of the Ford Racing exhaust, I've been told that at least. Ford just put their name on it I guess.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Borla is actually the manufacturer of the Ford Racing exhaust, I've been told that at least. Ford just put their name on it I guess.
I've heard similar rumors, but nothing concrete; there is a difference in sound, but both equally good. Unfortunately, unless the OP hears them in person its really difficult to pick an exhaust based on digital recordings (distorted sound).
Old 03-04-2014, 01:42 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've heard similar rumors, but nothing concrete; there is a difference in sound, but both equally good. Unfortunately, unless the OP hears them in person its really difficult to pick an exhaust based on digital recordings (distorted sound).
They send out the Borla weep hole instructions and warranty info if you inquire with Ford Racing, so I really believe it. And it is very hard to do online. Like I said, I've heard a large number of them and they are all decent except for the Roush mufflers. I'm sorry but those things are horrid. If money is an issue I would seriously wait and save a few extra dollars to get something you won't regret.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They send out the Borla weep hole instructions and warranty info if you inquire with Ford Racing, so I really believe it. And it is very hard to do online. Like I said, I've heard a large number of them and they are all decent except for the Roush mufflers. I'm sorry but those things are horrid. If money is an issue I would seriously wait and save a few extra dollars to get something you won't regret.
+1 agreed; stay away from Roush mufflers. Save and go for catbacks by Ford Racing, Borla, or Magnaflows.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Catbacks for the win

giogonzalez101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I could help. Have off road H pipe and pype bombs. Love it. I say put them back on lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I was just behind a 11 V6 with Roush mufflers... Oh my lord they're loud but sound absolutely terrible (like a honda)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust