Lowering question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Lowering question

I know theres a thousand posts of this, but everyone seems to approach this differently. I have a 2013 3.7, im planning on lowering it on Eibach spotlines or Steeda Ultralites. I know that i at least need a panhard bar, but I dont want my ride quality to be complete crap, so i'd rather do it right the first time around. What all do i need to do the job right and not sacrifice alot of ride quality. new strut mounts, shocks/struts, LCA, CC plates or bolts??? I dont really know a whole lot about suspension so if someone could explain to me what new LCA's and such would do i'd appreciate it. I would also consider coilovers if im going to spend around a grand anyways, but i have no idea what all i'd need to buy if i got those since it is different from springs. Thanks!

2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
Lowering question

U'll probably need camber plates too to be able to return the alignment back to stock specs. After market UCA and LCA's won't make the ride more comfortable they will just perform better under stress. The only thing you can do to keep the ride as soft as possible is to choose the softest spring rates.

Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: California
It depends on how low you go. If it's less than 1.5" you don't need the plates but MAY need the camber bolts. I say MAY only because I'm running the SR lowering springs on my '14 v6 that dropped it a little over an inch and the alignment shop said it was still within spec 8 weeks after install.

Regarding ride quality, because my drop wasn't very much, I was able to use my stock shocks and struts. The ride is noticeably stiffer, but not jarring. I also installed the SR panhard bar and LCA's to center the rear axle and reduce wheel hop respectively.

My approach: Since I installed the springs with only around 5,000 miles on the car, I wanted to see how the ride quality was before committing to replacing new-ish shocks/struts if I didn't have to. When the stock ones wear out, I'll upgrade but for now it's all good. Hope that helps.
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang