Let's talk rims - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Let's talk rims

KMC KM685 District rims. I love the look but I haven't ever heard of the brand anybody have experience with them? Also is 9.5 the widest I can go in the back without rubbing? And offset wise 28 vs 35 is it that big of a difference?
Attached Images

|Short Throw Shifter| RtR Splitter| SR Lowering Springs| Roush Exhaust| Ford Racing Midpipe| Raxiom Headlights| 2013 V6
SaintSancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Oklahoma
The KMC brand is known for pick up wheels and I've noticed they recently started putting a little effort towards cars lately. You might know them for the famous "rockstars" that everyone puts on their lifted vehicles with the silver star on the center cap. As for size and rubbing issues I believe you can run up to an 11 in the back and still be fine.

Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: California
if its a positive offset aka +35mm then it puts your rim 35mm away from the hub so it sticks out from the fender a tag bit. I have +30mm offset on mine and they stick out from the fender a little bit but nothing bad. A negative offset tucks the tire/rim into the fender more. The difference between 28 and 35mm is 7mm so that equates to 0.275 of an inch more which is barely more then 1/4 inch that it will stick out more out of the fender or wheel well. Never heard of that brand either. Check the weight on how much each rim weighs it will lower your mpg around city and affect performance some too. Thats why i switched to a lighter rim. BBS and TSW make good strong lightweight forged rims. 20-22lbs each rim is what i would recommend if you race or track the car. My new custom forged rims only weigh 18-19lbs each but i paid mucho $$ for them.
2012 V6
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang