Which one is more reliable? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Which one is more reliable?

I've been seeing many issues that people are having with their tuners on their 2013 v6 or GT. Which tuner is more reliable for 2013 mustangs? A SCT Tuner or a diablo sport in-tuner? I know there's more tuners out there but I'm stuck on these 2.
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I personally have owned both, had no issues with either one and both were extremely simple to use. To me they both have the same reliability, not much can mess up I guess(the SCT might be a little bit better, I don't know).. But I owned the diablo first, as I was using Bama tunes but they suck as I later found out and wanted to make a switch to Lund and I found out they only are compatible with SCT tuners as is MPT. It cost me a couple hundred dollars to make the switch on my bad mistake of wanting the "cool" touch screen and a few other things the diablo offers. So personally, I would go with the SCT to have the flexibility of different tuners.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Great info bro, I appreciate it. I think I'm leaning towards that SCT now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Not sure why he says bama sucks, its very misleading information, I run bama tunes and can only say positive things about them, improved throttle response, more power, smooths out the power band completely, not to mention free tunes for life. I guess those are enough reasons to say they "suck" roll eyes. From what I hear they are more aggressive tunes out there but you can't go wrong with bama and you can also add tunes to your tuner from other companies like Lund and steeda etc.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I use the SCT tuner. Very easy to use. If i can use it with no problems....anyone can

Years ago i was into MOPAR. Most people used diablo tuners.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
More tuning company choices are currently available w sct because the device allows them to protect their tune programming. As far as reliability, make sure you turn off all accessories and hook a battery charger to your battery while loading tunes to your car and you will greatly reduce the chance of locking up you ECU. Also be sure to save your stock file to your pc just in case.
Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Otis: wow man I never knew that! I'll for sure do that when the tuner comes. Thanks for tips.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Not sure why he says bama sucks, its very misleading information, I run bama tunes and can only say positive things about them, improved throttle response, more power, smooths out the power band completely, not to mention free tunes for life. I guess those are enough reasons to say they "suck" roll eyes. From what I hear they are more aggressive tunes out there but you can't go wrong with bama and you can also add tunes to your tuner from other companies like Lund and steeda etc.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
The only reason I say bama sucks is that they haven't figured out how to tune the 13-14 automatics. The difference in bama and Lund was night and day, and I gave bama 2 extra chances with datalogging. So in my personal experience, yes they do suck, and from what I hear they haven't fixed the issue for which I moved on. If you're happy, good, nothing wrong with that. I was just very unsatisfied with the customer support from them and datalogging. Lund on the other hand states on their website that they will make you a new tune free of charge for just about everything unless it's a specialty tune such as FI, nitrous, or e85. So basically they're hand in hand with bama on that, and I received excellent customer service from Lund in which he had me datalogging at midnight on a Saturday helping me out. Something bama wouldn't be doing.

And I meant no offense with all of that, if you like bama stick with it. Just my personal experiences.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
That sucks to hear, I'm surprised there was nothing else they could do regarding that. I'm sure there are many 13-14 autos that are bama tuned, have you asked any of them if they had the same issue? Maybe they could have helped resolved it. Usually they (bama)will bend over backwards to help someone. Definitely not good to hear.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
That sucks to hear, I'm surprised there was nothing else they could do regarding that. I'm sure there are many 13-14 autos that are bama tuned, have you asked any of them if they had the same issue? Maybe they could have helped resolved it. Usually they (bama)will bend over backwards to help someone. Definitely not good to hear.

It's a well known issue on other forums. I'm certainly not the only one.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2014 with 6 speed with the diablo sport with Bama tunes. They are great and always willing to help. Device worked flawlessly. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393927048.712274.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	723.0 KB
ID:	149632
Mike2014V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

As far as the v6 go sct was having a lot of fuel mapping problems. Jon Lund at Lund Racing has fixed just about all of the problems. I have ran a bama race tune, mpt tune and currently a lund racing tune. The lund tune blows all of them outta the water. Bama and mpt don't even come close. Not to mention he has owned and also tuned the fastest n/a v6 in the world.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
supersixx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

To get a tuner from Lund, is it the same process like Bama? I'm now interested on getting on.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Great.... after installing an SCT Bama Tune in my '14 auto V6, I'm just finding out it sucks.

In the suck department, what should I be experiencing on the negative side? And, what can I do about it? Seriously.

I had a Diablo tune in my '06 GT and it worked fine. With that said, my V6 feels quicker.
TedG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
Great.... after installing an SCT Bama Tune in my '14 auto V6, I'm just finding out it sucks.

In the suck department, what should I be experiencing on the negative side? And, what can I do about it? Seriously.

I had a Diablo tune in my '06 GT and it worked fine. With that said, my V6 feels quicker.
The shifting is the main reason I switched. Like it would take a year to shift gears, the Lund tune will shift extremely fast and hard. I kept hearing about people with autos breaking the tires loose shifting and mine was nowhere near that with bama. I went with Lund and it'll break your passengers neck. And of course the power all around increased for me. If I were you I'd get a Lund tune and just try it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang