Exhaust setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Exhaust setup

So I'm looking at two different exhaust setups for my 2013 3.7
1. BBK shorty ceramic headers, BBK catted x pipe, and a magnaflow street catback.
2. BBK shorty ceramic headers and borla s type axlebacks.

I found a guy on YouTube with the number 1 setup and it sounded amazing, but I also remember finding a video with setup 2, but the video has been removed so I cannot compare anymore. I'm confident I can install the catback or axlebacks and the x pipe, but I'm unsure about the headers. I have no experience doing a header installation and it doesn't sound too fun. Anybody have any tips on installing the shortys? Keep in mind I'll be using jack and jack stands
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
In my opinion, go with setup 2 and a custom H pipe if youre looking for deep throaty sound.. Yet not obnixously loud/raspy. X pipe makes it rasp as I've heard

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I just tried removing my stock manis, the bolts were easy coming off the Mani but where I ran into a problem was the two bolts from the xpipe. A ratchet didn't get it loose so I borrowed a buddies electric impact gun and that didn't do it either. I hope you have better luck. I'd go set up #2 also,not a fan of the streets, I have a vacuum that sounds like them. Borla make great products.

2013 V6, Candy apple metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,painted side mirrors covers,upper and lower black billet grille,pony projection lights,boss 302 strut tower brace,barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,bama tuned,bbk shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
So I'm looking at two different exhaust setups for my 2013 3.7
1. BBK shorty ceramic headers, BBK catted x pipe, and a magnaflow street catback.
2. BBK shorty ceramic headers and borla s type axlebacks.

I found a guy on YouTube with the number 1 setup and it sounded amazing, but I also remember finding a video with setup 2, but the video has been removed so I cannot compare anymore. I'm confident I can install the catback or axlebacks and the x pipe, but I'm unsure about the headers. I have no experience doing a header installation and it doesn't sound too fun. Anybody have any tips on installing the shortys? Keep in mind I'll be using jack and jack stands
Hey,

You definitely lay out two great options, and I honestly don't think you will be upset with either.

I personally would chose the first option because you get more for your buck, and you're going to save in the long run with that option. By doing the first option, you will be replacing literally your entire exhaust, greatly increasing your flow and thus creating quite a bit of extra horsepower and sound. If you like this tone I would go that route.

The second option will sound fantastic as well, and give you some power gains. However, you will have free flowing headers dumping into a constrictive mid pipe and over axle portion. This will deliver an awesome sound, but the flow will not be idea for making horsepower. Also with this set up, if you do go with a cat back system some day, you will have an extra axle back system with nothing to do with.

To me getting the power and a sound you like will be a better choice, but like I said, you're really not going wrong either way, both will be great set ups.

Keep in mind If you go with one of these set ups, we do offer a 6% discount to our forum members off their entire order. I hope this helps, and if you need anything else, feel free to get back in touch with myself or our customer service team. Good luck and keep us posted!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Can't say much as far as the headers go but this is the first car I have put borla products on and vouch for them 100%
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
There's another question you should ask yourself before you commit to a choice; are you looking for performance gains as well? B/c if you are than shorty headers and an axleback exhaust aren't gonna make much of a difference in the HP department. I recently got MAC Performance LT headers and shorty h-pipe. Not only do they sound great but there's a significant bump in power as well. But that's just me. If you care about how it sounds above all else than yeah option #2 is the way to go.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust