MPT tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
I'm most likely going to switch over to mpt later today, but ghost cam, anything I should be concerned about? Besides the fact that it runs rich.
****ty MPG lol besides that ur good. I'll tell u this now, if u have a auto ur going to want to do a few data logs for the auto

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
for a ghost cam you will most likely burn up your catalytic converters if you have the catted x pipe. and sometimes your car may stall, if i didnt live in Cali and have catted x pipe i would get a ghost cam tune. Lund supposely does a way better ghost cam tune then MPT.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:51 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
for a ghost cam you will most likely burn up your catalytic converters if you have the catted x pipe. and sometimes your car may stall, if i didnt live in Cali and have catted x pipe i would get a ghost cam tune. Lund supposely does a way better ghost cam tune then MPT.
Your cats won't burn up, it has a fail safe to disable the lope if it gets too hot. You do need a high flow catted mid pipe not stock. Lund is the best tuner hands down but not worth it unless ur full bolt on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So I got my MPT tunes emailed to me today, but i gave them the wrong serial number on my tuner….
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberbluedrew View Post
I love my MPT tune, but I have a question for those who have one. DOes your cooling fans stay on all the time? Mine could be on at idle in 50 degree weather, or even on the freeway when its in the 30's. I switched to BAMA and the cooling fan seems to be normal. Anyone else have this issue?
Is that with the ghost tune or performance tune from MPT? I have seen it in cars with the ghost. Your SCT tuner can modify fan turn on settings BTW. But best to ask Mike at MPT to see if he can feather it out for you.

I only modify my Revs per mile on tunes so far to get GPS exact MPH speedo readouts; and add back in factory rev and mph limiters so I don't get over speed events in the black-box section of the ECU. Mike worked with me to feather the shifting times on my auto to keep stock rev limits and in the few dry days I have had in the past 4 months it seems to auto shift very very well, and firm.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I got my MPT tunes emailed to me today, but i gave them the wrong serial number on my tuner….
No Worries, they will fix you up, I did the same thing with my old age eyesight. I turned a 2 into a Z, or a Z into a 2; I cant remember...oh what day is today?

Art
Old 03-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
No Worries, they will fix you up, I did the same thing with my old age eyesight. I turned a 2 into a Z, or a Z into a 2; I cant remember...oh what day is today?

Art

Hahahaha. I changed a 8 into a 6 I don't know how I did that.. Hopefully I get the updated tunes in soon, I'm excited for them. 100TH POST!!! Sorry I had too.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Can i used this tune with my stock cats
arthurcordova93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post

Art
Also, how long did it take mpt to get the updated tune back to you?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also, how long did it take mpt to get the updated tune back to you?
I sent the email about it being my fault, asked for forgiveness, and I think it was about a day and half later.

Art
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurcordova93 View Post
Can i used this tune with my stock cats
Yes, you just have to express what it is you really want. They are not fast food. Really, really write out in a document just exactly what you want and paste it into the comments section.

If you want a ghost cam tune, and stock cats make it very mild if you want to use it often, or otherwise the level 2 ghost cam tune on an auto is for car show entry and exit bling only
Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

So I finally got my updated tunes in the other day and I love the ghost cam, it sounds great. There is one thing though that bothers me, when I'm slowing down to a stop sign or speed bump, my car will jump forward with the loping of the ghost cam.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #48
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Hahahaha. I changed a 8 into a 6 I don't know how I did that.. Hopefully I get the updated tunes in soon, I'm excited for them. 100TH POST!!! Sorry I had too.
Say, didn't ArtU post recently about changing a 6 into an 8?

Wait, that was an engine, not a serial number!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #49
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
So I finally got my updated tunes in the other day and I love the ghost cam, it sounds great. There is one thing though that bothers me, when I'm slowing down to a stop sign or speed bump, my car will jump forward with the loping of the ghost cam.
Most likely because the "lope" idle reflects on the shift points of the transmission.

My MPT tune forces the shift point to be a bit firmer (I like due to less slipage on the transmission...a good thing), and you most likely feel it more because of the idle characteristics of the ghost cam.

I really don't get the reason for the ghost cam...add extra fuel to force a lopey idle, which in turn wastes fuel. Just so that the engine resembles that of a 60's muscle car with a "hot" cam?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

MPT tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Most likely because the "lope" idle reflects on the shift points of the transmission.

My MPT tune forces the shift point to be a bit firmer (I like due to less slipage on the transmission...a good thing), and you most likely feel it more because of the idle characteristics of the ghost cam.

I really don't get the reason for the ghost cam...add extra fuel to force a lopey idle, which in turn wastes fuel. Just so that the engine resembles that of a 60's muscle car with a "hot" cam?
Even though I love the sound, I'm probably just going to switch over to the regular performance tune because yea I do hate the crappy mpg
Old 03-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

Man, I just don't get the imitation cam lope tune for modern day cars. Its sounds kind of silly in my opinion!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Man, I just don't get the imitation cam lope tune for modern day cars. Its sounds kind of silly in my opinion!

I will say this, though, growing up around and eventually driving those cars and hanging around with friends who had them also, a nice lopey cam sounds like heaven.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

I will say this, though, growing up around and eventually driving those cars and hanging around with friends who had them also, a nice lopey cam sounds like heaven.
I would agree for the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. The old school cars that had carburetors totally works and sounds awesome. The modern day fuel injected muscle car, The fake cam lope just doesn't do it for me.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I would agree for the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. The old school cars that had carburetors totally works and sounds awesome. The modern day fuel injected muscle car, The fake cam lope just doesn't do it for me.

Oh yeah, not saying I would want one on mine. From some of the things I have read over the last several months, it sounds like it comes with quite a few negatives, and some people were even saying it was more for car shows than actually using in day to day use.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #55
Admin

Supporter
Admin

In the days of old, you installed a cam, based on the RPM range you wanted the power band to be in, and this usually caused the lopy idle.

With our 3.7 and 5.0's, and Ti-VCT (variable timing), we get a great power band in all RPM ranges.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang