MPT tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
MPT tune

Just order my MPT tune can't wait until it arrives
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 View Post
Just order my MPT tune can't wait until it arrives

Youll gonna love every bit of it, thats what i use in my stang and compared to steeda and bama tunes its definitely night and day..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
It was hard choosing between Diablo and MPT
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
MPT tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Youll gonna love every bit of it, thats what i use in my stang and compared to steeda and bama tunes its definitely night and day..

Is the difference really that big? I'm currently running a 93 octane race tune from bama and was considering switching over to mpt
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFLV6 View Post
Is the difference really that big? I'm currently running a 93 octane race tune from bama and was considering switching over to mpt

They are just more aggressive and you can really tell from the other two that i have.. This is actually my second stang that is tuned from MPT. I just wasted my money when i tried steeda thinking it would surpass MPT but i was wrong after two days i went back with MPT..
Old 03-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hahaha everyone is switching now. This is why I like telling everyone not to waste money on free tunes. If it's free u know it's being made by some random customer service guy. My favorite tuners are AED, Lund, and MPT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just got my MPT tune last friday. i LOVE it so far! The shifts really kick you back in your seat and there is a bit more torque than with my bama tune. It did feel a bit slower when downshifting from cruising to WOT than my bama hybrid tune. however i do notice it's a bit better than when i first loaded it, but that's nothing a datalog won't fix. One thing that i find really irritating though is when in sport mode it will not let me downshift to 1st if im going over 35mph, which really sucks for roll races (legally ofcourse). I'm pretty sure my bama tune lets me downshift to 1st going 40-45. Does anyone know if MPT would be able to fix that?
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have the ghost cam tune?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Me and I have them from Lund and MPT

Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

How is it? Any problems with it?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I run MPT, Bama and Steeda tunes. Here are my dyno results and all three were done the same day and same weather condition. All three tunes are 91 octane.

My favorite tune and most powerful one is MPT but I personally am happy with Steeda and Bama as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	N_uN002qKzN32kNSvnI2ZMODaHfib4r1Q2n2-K_tzfo.png
Views:	482
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	149748
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Anyone have the ghost cam tune?
Do some research and be careful from who you buy one of these from. Some of the earlier ghost cam tunes had a rich fuel mixture at idle to provide the "lumpy" idle characteristics. This rich fuel mixture was known to do some damage to some catalitic converters.

Dan from AM has talked about this, and I believe they now have a safe (?) ghost tune. PM dan and see what he says.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Do some research and be careful from who you buy one of these from. Some of the earlier ghost cam tunes had a rich fuel mixture at idle to provide the "lumpy" idle characteristics. This rich fuel mixture was known to do some damage to some catalitic converters.

Dan from AM has talked about this, and I believe they now have a safe (?) ghost tune. PM dan and see what he says.

It'll run rich from idle to 1200 rpm. It does have a safety shut off too. The only downside is rich engine and your cats will go quicker along with your gas money. Show only in my opinion is it's only use
Old 03-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

No issues here Lund has it dialed in better tho so I'd go with him.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
No issues here Lund has it dialed in better tho so I'd go with him.

Charlie, how much faster does your 5.0 run with your Lund tune over your MPT tune? Track times that is. Not dyno numbers but actually how much faster is your 5.0 with Lund tune over MPT tune?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
It'll run rich from idle to 1200 rpm. It does have a safety shut off too. The only downside is rich engine and your cats will go quicker along with your gas money. Show only in my opinion is it's only use

Ehhh no cats no problem lol
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
If it's free u know it's being made by some random customer service guy.
Not true. Gus from Steeda does all the tuning I believe for Steeda customers.

As far as ghost cam tunes I know Bama only provides them only for 11+ Mustangs with o/r mid-pipes.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I run MPT, Bama and Steeda tunes. Here are my dyno results and all three were done the same day and same weather condition. All three tunes are 91 octane.

My favorite tune and most powerful one is MPT but I personally am happy with Steeda and Bama as well.

Attachment 149748
I wish you would've had a Lund tune to also try on there. I feel like it would be right next to the MPT.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post

I wish you would've had a Lund tune to also try on there. I feel like it would be right next to the MPT.
I'm told a Lund tune will have a stang running faster than all the other email tunes. Having Lund would of been nice too test.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I love my MPT tune, but I have a question for those who have one. DOes your cooling fans stay on all the time? Mine could be on at idle in 50 degree weather, or even on the freeway when its in the 30's. I switched to BAMA and the cooling fan seems to be normal. Anyone else have this issue?
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Charlie, how much faster does your 5.0 run with your Lund tune over your MPT tune? Track times that is. Not dyno numbers but actually how much faster is your 5.0 with Lund tune over MPT tune?
Honestly I've only ever tested it once and my Lund race tune made me do 2/10th better, not sure if that was a fluke or not but that's what happened. I'll try and test it out again cuz now I have better tires and a shifter and shifter bracket so less slop.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
MPT's tune is so good this guy can't even express how good it is in words

Proof enough for me lmao
Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberbluedrew View Post
I love my MPT tune, but I have a question for those who have one. DOes your cooling fans stay on all the time? Mine could be on at idle in 50 degree weather, or even on the freeway when its in the 30's. I switched to BAMA and the cooling fan seems to be normal. Anyone else have this issue?
Nope. Not me bro! Sorry
Old 03-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Honestly I've only ever tested it once and my Lund race tune made me do 2/10th better, not sure if that was a fluke or not but that's what happened. I'll try and test it out again cuz now I have better tires and a shifter and shifter bracket so less slop.

Sounds great bro. So your thinking your Lund tune ran 2 tenths faster than your MPT tune? I know at one point many months ago you were a big fan of the MPT tune. Not sure if you still are.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:

Lmfao

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote:

Lmfao
Old 03-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberbluedrew View Post
I noticed my fan became more active when I went from OEM to Bama, and same thing with my Steeda. A user asked a Steeda rep on the forums a few months back and they said it was intentional (for the added performance) and wouldn't hurt anything.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao!!!! I was in the gym .. Didnt even notice this.. Yeah its true i cant even express how i felt.. Lol
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Yea Kona I LOVE my MPT tune and I noticed it has more low end grunt but overall Lund really worked his magic and I feel like I have great mid and top end. MPT gave me insane low end and good mid but top end could use some work.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea Kona I LOVE my MPT tune and I noticed it has more low end grunt but overall Lund really worked his magic and I feel like I have great mid and top end. MPT gave me insane low end and good mid but top end could use some work.

I feel ya. So ,Certainly your MPT was a close second place too Lund. Lol!

I forget, did you ever run AED tunes? If so how does our MPT stack up to the AED tune if you know?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Bama has also had this issue. Is it the high end race tune? That is what some people have reported it being only the race tune
Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel ya. So ,Certainly your MPT was a close second place too Lund. Lol!

I forget, did you ever run AED tunes? If so how does our MPT stack up to the AED tune if you know?
Na I haven't ran AED yet but I want to. But so far everyone online have said AED and Lund are the best tuner. Then I think Rev Auto and MPT are next

Old 03-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ya AED is number one or two for SCT tuners but usually only works on GT's or if you have a supercharged V6. He wont touch a mild modded V6 appartently "not worth his time". MPT is hands down better then any tune Bama can ever do. Bama is definately better then your stock tune, but only a mild tune compared to AED, Lund or MPT. MPT does have your fan running all the time but thats to help cool the car down better for your aggressive tune. My 91 economy tune from MPT which is their least aggressive tune shifts faster and pulls harder then any bama tune i had including their hybrid tune. MPT i noticed downshifts really quick so its great for roll races or when you get a car that comes out of nowhere to play. My auto transmission feels better in every way with the MPT tune. The only thing if you can say that is a downside is MPT on the autos shift at 2000rpm through all the gears even if you are just cruising I had them redo my tune to lower it down to 1800rpm for everyday normal cruising shifts. MPT tune will chirp through 2nd and 3rd while bama wouldnt chirp no gears. On the diablo trinity tuner you can manually raise the line pressure I had to raise it to halfway which is 120 to chirp 2nd gear on my auto with a bama tune. All tuners i emailed all said the same thing on your auto you want to raise the line pressure so there is none or hardly any slipping of the clutches inside the transmission.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
Ya AED is number one or two for SCT tuners but usually only works on GT's or if you have a supercharged V6. He wont touch a mild modded V6 appartently "not worth his time". MPT is hands down better then any tune Bama can ever do. Bama is definately better then your stock tune, but only a mild tune compared to AED, Lund or MPT. MPT does have your fan running all the time but thats to help cool the car down better for your aggressive tune. My 91 economy tune from MPT which is their least aggressive tune shifts faster and pulls harder then any bama tune i had including their hybrid tune. MPT i noticed downshifts really quick so its great for roll races or when you get a car that comes out of nowhere to play. My auto transmission feels better in every way with the MPT tune. The only thing if you can say that is a downside is MPT on the autos shift at 2000rpm through all the gears even if you are just cruising I had them redo my tune to lower it down to 1800rpm for everyday normal cruising shifts. MPT tune will chirp through 2nd and 3rd while bama wouldnt chirp no gears. On the diablo trinity tuner you can manually raise the line pressure I had to raise it to halfway which is 120 to chirp 2nd gear on my auto with a bama tune. All tuners i emailed all said the same thing on your auto you want to raise the line pressure so there is none or hardly any slipping of the clutches inside the transmission.

What's the mpg gain from the economy tune? My bama economy tune uses MORE gas than stock!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #33
JDM
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I ran MPT & Bama 93 octane race tunes at the track last month and the MPT tune was consistantly 1/10th faster. The Bama tune just felt like it ran out of power toward the end of the run.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

I ran MPT & Bama 93 octane race tunes at the track last month and the MPT tune was consistantly 1/10th faster. The Bama tune just felt like it ran out of power toward the end of the run.
Well, there you go. MPT is around 1/10 faster than bama.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I'm most likely going to switch over to mpt later today, but ghost cam, anything I should be concerned about? Besides the fact that it runs rich.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang