Bama vs. Lund tunes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
One last item. Not on the top total at the edge performance, but Steeda is one of the safest tunes to put in. Its not asked about much, but when was the last time I saw a post askin' "What is the safest tune." Steeda tunes cars that are sold at Ford dealers. They state they will work with your and your dealer to help make sure your warranty is not voided, unless it was something directly related to the tune.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersixx13 View Post

Idk never ran my car with the MPT tune. I had nothing but problems with it. I had 4 tune revisions done and all them caused my car cut during acceleration. I will hopefully be running my car this Thursday. If I do I will post my times. Look up some of the stangs he has tuned and the speed and e/t records they hold. That's why Jon Lund is the best.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well, no wonder you do not care for your MPT tune considering you had nothing but problems with it. That's a shame however I guess some people are going to have a problem with something at some time. You cant tune thousands of cars each year and not expect to have some issues arise at some point.

For me, I personally have never had an issue with any of my bama tunes or MPT tunes so I'm happy with both.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Duncan, Ok
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
One last item. Not on the top total at the edge performance, but Steeda is one of the safest tunes to put in. Its not asked about much, but when was the last time I saw a post askin' "What is the safest tune." Steeda tunes cars that are sold at Ford dealers. They state they will work with your and your dealer to help make sure your warranty is not voided, unless it was something directly related to the tune.
My local Ford dealership's service manager would disagree with that. And I for one have never heard, or seen that statement from Steeda or Ford as far as 3.7 tuning goes.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Well... Steeda does indeed advertise that they will work with you and your dealership. Some users have reported that their dealership told them they will still honor warranty services under the Steeda tune.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post

My local Ford dealership's service manager would disagree with that. And I for one have never heard, or seen that statement from Steeda or Ford as far as 3.7 tuning goes.
Matt from Steeda that has made that comment several times on numerous Mustang forum threads.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Duncan, Ok
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 93
I feel like that wouldn't do much good.. Any tuner can call the service manager and talk to him, but in the end it's up to the service manager on most things if it's warrantied or not. In the end a tune is a tune in most of their eyes. This is just coming from experience with quite a few service managers, I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on that...
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
I feel like that wouldn't do much good.. Any tuner can call the service manager and talk to him, but in the end it's up to the service manager on most things if it's warrantied or not. In the end a tune is a tune in most of their eyes. This is just coming from experience with quite a few service managers, I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on that...
Naw you're on the right track, but at least Steeda is willing to try.
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
willb2305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: LA county
Region: California
Posts: 149
has anyone smogged their car with a tune on it, which company tuned it and what were your boltons at the time? im leaning toward using my bama tune over my MPT tune for smogging the car.
__________________
2012 V6
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
has anyone smogged their car with a tune on it, which company tuned it and what were your boltons at the time? im leaning toward using my bama tune over my MPT tune for smogging the car.
What's smogged their car? What does that mean?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Duncan, Ok
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 93
Emissions tested. I believe all bama tunes except for race and maybe hybrid will pass the test, and I have no idea about MPT's. I would guess and say no though.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
Emissions tested. I believe all bama tunes except for race and maybe hybrid will pass the test, and I have no idea about MPT's. I would guess and say no though.
Oh, got ya! Thanks bro. Learn something new.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
Emissions tested. I believe all bama tunes except for race and maybe hybrid will pass the test, and I have no idea about MPT's. I would guess and say no though.
As far as I was told the Hybrid turns off the rear O2 sensors. I never got a clear "emissions test" results from Torque with it, the O2 sensors stayed yellow. So based on that I would say the Street version is needed to pass smog.

If you have a ODBII bluetooth or WiFi dongle, get the android Torque app. It has an Emissions testing screen that shows your on-board tests passing, pending, or fail. In the Hybrid tune, the pending on O2 sensors would stay yellow while the rest of the items in Torque passed.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bama Tuner Major Issues DEvermore 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 91 01-23-2015 06:40 PM
Steeda vs. Bama Tunes...whos got the edge? gweze001 General Mustang Discussion 56 02-21-2014 11:51 PM
Bama vs MPT vs Steeda Tunes supersixx13 General Mustang Discussion 7 01-13-2014 08:52 AM
Modifing Bama tunes with T-1000 wfpostle 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 2 10-22-2012 11:47 AM
Bama to give warranty with tunes for #8 wnt2gofst 2011-2014 Mustang GT 27 08-08-2011 03:39 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.