Bama vs. Lund tunes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
One last item. Not on the top total at the edge performance, but Steeda is one of the safest tunes to put in. Its not asked about much, but when was the last time I saw a post askin' "What is the safest tune." Steeda tunes cars that are sold at Ford dealers. They state they will work with your and your dealer to help make sure your warranty is not voided, unless it was something directly related to the tune.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersixx13 View Post

Idk never ran my car with the MPT tune. I had nothing but problems with it. I had 4 tune revisions done and all them caused my car cut during acceleration. I will hopefully be running my car this Thursday. If I do I will post my times. Look up some of the stangs he has tuned and the speed and e/t records they hold. That's why Jon Lund is the best.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well, no wonder you do not care for your MPT tune considering you had nothing but problems with it. That's a shame however I guess some people are going to have a problem with something at some time. You cant tune thousands of cars each year and not expect to have some issues arise at some point.

For me, I personally have never had an issue with any of my bama tunes or MPT tunes so I'm happy with both.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
One last item. Not on the top total at the edge performance, but Steeda is one of the safest tunes to put in. Its not asked about much, but when was the last time I saw a post askin' "What is the safest tune." Steeda tunes cars that are sold at Ford dealers. They state they will work with your and your dealer to help make sure your warranty is not voided, unless it was something directly related to the tune.
My local Ford dealership's service manager would disagree with that. And I for one have never heard, or seen that statement from Steeda or Ford as far as 3.7 tuning goes.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Well... Steeda does indeed advertise that they will work with you and your dealership. Some users have reported that their dealership told them they will still honor warranty services under the Steeda tune.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post

My local Ford dealership's service manager would disagree with that. And I for one have never heard, or seen that statement from Steeda or Ford as far as 3.7 tuning goes.
Matt from Steeda that has made that comment several times on numerous Mustang forum threads.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I feel like that wouldn't do much good.. Any tuner can call the service manager and talk to him, but in the end it's up to the service manager on most things if it's warrantied or not. In the end a tune is a tune in most of their eyes. This is just coming from experience with quite a few service managers, I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on that...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
I feel like that wouldn't do much good.. Any tuner can call the service manager and talk to him, but in the end it's up to the service manager on most things if it's warrantied or not. In the end a tune is a tune in most of their eyes. This is just coming from experience with quite a few service managers, I could be wrong but I wouldn't count on that...
Naw you're on the right track, but at least Steeda is willing to try.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
has anyone smogged their car with a tune on it, which company tuned it and what were your boltons at the time? im leaning toward using my bama tune over my MPT tune for smogging the car.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
has anyone smogged their car with a tune on it, which company tuned it and what were your boltons at the time? im leaning toward using my bama tune over my MPT tune for smogging the car.
What's smogged their car? What does that mean?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Emissions tested. I believe all bama tunes except for race and maybe hybrid will pass the test, and I have no idea about MPT's. I would guess and say no though.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Emissions tested. I believe all bama tunes except for race and maybe hybrid will pass the test, and I have no idea about MPT's. I would guess and say no though.
Oh, got ya! Thanks bro. Learn something new.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
As far as I was told the Hybrid turns off the rear O2 sensors. I never got a clear "emissions test" results from Torque with it, the O2 sensors stayed yellow. So based on that I would say the Street version is needed to pass smog.

If you have a ODBII bluetooth or WiFi dongle, get the android Torque app. It has an Emissions testing screen that shows your on-board tests passing, pending, or fail. In the Hybrid tune, the pending on O2 sensors would stay yellow while the rest of the items in Torque passed.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang