Itching To Spend - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Itching To Spend

I've hit the one year mark on my 2012 and although I love the hell out of my Mustang, I'm starting to get that itch worse than folks with crabs for more HP. I've been researching like crazy to see what's the best bang for my buck for a 2011-2014 GT

Right now I only have 39K on my Mustang with one trip to Florida last year and regular trips to Atlanta I put about 15K on her as a DD. This year with a baby on the way I see me driving more in the 10K-12K range. Also the part that hurts the most is about 6K in negative equity 10K on a trade in. I have been putting an extra $200 a month to pay that down faster.

Okay, so here's my question. I want a GT/ more power bad. Although it's not as much the sound of a V8 as it is power, I WANT MORE POWER. So the problem I'm faced with is to go with a 11-14GT, wait on a 15GT or F/I my current Mustang.

I understand at the end if the day it's what will make me the most happy, but I still would like input. What would you all do with a itch as great as mine right now lol

One more question. If I were to go the F/I route this would still be my daily driver. How practical would that be for me and what kinds of problems would I have with F/I over the years
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I'm looking at a gt as well. Part of me wants to boost my 6 so people stop talking **** about it. I have positive equity in my mustang so trading it in is an option. I say boost the 6 and make camaro cry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
I've hit the one year mark on my 2012 and although I love the hell out of my Mustang, I'm starting to get that itch worse than folks with crabs for more HP. I've been researching like crazy to see what's the best bang for my buck for a 2011-2014 GT

Right now I only have 39K on my Mustang with one trip to Florida last year and regular trips to Atlanta I put about 15K on her as a DD. This year with a baby on the way I see me driving more in the 10K-12K range. Also the part that hurts the most is about 6K in negative equity 10K on a trade in. I have been putting an extra $200 a month to pay that down faster.

Okay, so here's my question. I want a GT/ more power bad. Although it's not as much the sound of a V8 as it is power, I WANT MORE POWER. So the problem I'm faced with is to go with a 11-14GT, wait on a 15GT or F/I my current Mustang.

I understand at the end if the day it's what will make me the most happy, but I still would like input. What would you all do with a itch as great as mine right now lol

One more question. If I were to go the F/I route this would still be my daily driver. How practical would that be for me and what kinds of problems would I have with F/I over the years
Its gonna cost you more too buy an 11-14 Gt because of the 6k in negative equity. If you want more power for your 3.7 I personally would drop the 6,000 dollars on a procharger supercharger and instantly have 400 plus rwhp.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Or have some patience and wait for a little bit of info on the new LPF kit. Hopefully it'll be in the next couple of months.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #5

Region: Connecticut
LPF kit? What's that?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HOTPONY View Post
LPF kit? What's that?

A turbo charger for the 3.7 liter.
Limitless Performance I think is the name of the company. Don't quote me on that
Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
A turbo charger for the 3.7 liter.
Limitless Performance I think is the name of the company. Don't quote me on that

That's right.
Accepting pre-orders.
5k for. Limited time, message clamphier for more details, as he works for LPF
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You asked. Save your money and get over the boy urge to spend money when you have responsibility's on the way. Your time will come. Be wise grasshopper. That 6K ProCharger. Think for minute. Your engine and trans were not designed to handle it. Cast pistons and a so so trans. If it makes any sense to you, you'll spend that 6K for 100HP then, lower the boost to 7-8 lbs. defeating the original purpose and then kill off a bunch of timing to save the engine from killing pistons and blowing head gaskets. Your new born will bring you more happiness than that Mustang ever will.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Itching To Spend

I would have to agree with black on this one. The basic bolt ons and a tune put you right behind a stock GT in terms of performance, and a stock GT eats just about anything on the road at the moment.

I saw get your bolt ons, do you exhaust how you want it to sound ( tons of options), do your appearance and call it a day. Then once your kid is older maybe think about a rebuild/swap/FI when your stang is ready.

That's my plan, minus the kid
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
You asked. Save your money and get over the boy urge to spend money when you have responsibility's on the way. Your time will come. Be wise grasshopper. That 6K ProCharger. Think for minute. Your engine and trans were not designed to handle it. Cast pistons and a so so trans. If it makes any sense to you, you'll spend that 6K for 100HP then, lower the boost to 7-8 lbs. defeating the original purpose and then kill off a bunch of timing to save the engine from killing pistons and blowing head gaskets. Your new born will bring you more happiness than that Mustang ever will.
Amen brother. Some things in life are more important than simple material possessions. You'll have plenty of time to mess with it down the line. Just let it be for now.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGenius View Post

Amen brother. Some things in life are more important than simple material possessions. You'll have plenty of time to mess with it down the line. Just let it be for now.
Some things are more important than simple material things but good thing a mustang doesn't fall in that category. Lmao
Old 03-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Some things are more important than simple material things but good thing a mustang doesn't fall in that category. Lmao
LOL!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
LOL!!!!!!

Pay down your Mustang, concentrate on your new baby and then buy a 2015 GT.....
Old 03-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Iron View Post

Pay down your Mustang, concentrate on your new baby and then buy a 2015 GT.....
Concentrate on the second baby in the meantime get that 5.0. Lmao.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #15
Admin

Supporter
Admin

6 grand is a great start towards a college education plan for that baby thats on the way.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

My opinion:
Wait until that baby comes and see how far that $6k gets you. Kids are expensive, between clothes and food alone you'll be spending quite a bit. Daycare alone will cost you $5,000 - $13,000 a year or more depending on the rates in your state. I know my old boss spent around $20k a year for his 2 kids at daycare here in PA, and it was nothing fancy. It wasn't the bottom of the barrel either, just a decent/good daycare. Also, a college fund, the best thing you can do for a kid is let them graduate with zero loans. Depending on where they go and what college tuition is at the time they're ready for it you may need $100k just for that. Whatever you don't spend on they're college tuition you can use as "beast mode mustang money."

I'd say call the mods complete for now, maybe some small appearance mods, but nothing extravagant. Save up some money and later on in life you can get something way better than what we're driving around in now. You honestly may need to even trade in that mustang for something with a real back seat for that baby.

Again this is just my opinion, I'm 25 and that's where my head is at. My main concentration is my career right now and keeping a good line of credit. Think about it, the money you spend on beefing up that V6 now is going to be a bigger % of your annual income than 10 - 20 years from now (hopefully). Later on you can buy yourself a GT500 (or whatever the top of the line mustang is at that time) and throw some cash into that bad boy.

Children > Beast Mode Mustang

P.S. I don't know what your job is or what your annual income is, I'm just giving my opinion on what I would do based on my annual income.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
i say build the 6 now.... when he/she turns 16 give it to them. you should have another one or two cars by then.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I have a sixer and I have been debating whether to switch to a V8 orbjust boost the six and I feel the best option is to just boost the six. It'll save some moeny I'm sure but the six is A LOT lighter then a GT. Boosting the sixer is the way to go.
dakoteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakoteh View Post
I have a sixer and I have been debating whether to switch to a V8 orbjust boost the six and I feel the best option is to just boost the six. It'll save some moeny I'm sure but the six is A LOT lighter then a GT. Boosting the sixer is the way to go.
Boost baby!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang