13 v6 Exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awest31 View Post
If you just want the sound go with axelbacks but if u plan on doing performance mods go with the cats.
Not completely true. I'd change "performance mods" to "supercharging or turbocharging." There's nitrous too but I won't include that bc it varies.

With just basic bolt-ons (CAI, tune, headers, UDP, maybe even just a hot rod cam) upgrading from 2.75in 3in pipes (aka catback system) would still probably be a waste.

I don't have any hands-on experience or #'s, but I'd only assume that from what I've learned thus far.
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Not completely true. I'd change "performance mods" to "supercharging or turbocharging." There's nitrous too but I won't include that bc it varies.

With just basic bolt-ons (CAI, tune, headers, UDP, maybe even just a hot rod cam) upgrading from 2.75in 3in pipes (aka catback system) would still probably be a waste.

I don't have any hands-on experience or #'s, but I'd only assume that from what I've learned thus far.

Yea that's true. Cats are a little more but I think they are worth it.
Awest31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Does anyone have the borla atak installed cause I'm sooooo ready to upgrade me exhaust aswell and I've watched sooooo many videos and thought the same thing as far as a video doesn't do these exhausts much justice, I'm just kinda worried the atak might be a little overkill .
TruTalent94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I was also having a hard time finding specific numbers on the hp gain from these exhausts aswell, you guys have any noticeable hp gains!?
Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Don't buy mufflers expecting any noticeable gains. The only bad thing I can find ab the stock mufflers is that they're quite heavy and installing lighter mufflers might free up some power. As far as free flowing-ness, stocks aren't too bad.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I have one question now, if i put on lets say pypes pype bomb exhaust, will it pass in all exhaust regulations when i take it to state inspection? Or if i add straight pipes with long tube headers
IanTheFancy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on where you live. Some areas require mufflers, catalytic converters, only a few or no check engine lights, etc.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How does the saying go? [Exhaust] opinions are like a--holes...?

I won't offer a suggestion of which, just that this isn't a meal so don't skimp. Spend what you need to get what you want or pay for it later. Sounds kinda like a wife/husband actually.
JSchu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
I'll put up my vote for bassani, they are very similar to the borla s-type but cheaper but have a little drone around 2500 rpm, although shortly headers helped the drone a lot
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Roush?
Roush AB

Instagram @bz37
Shengzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Magnaflows yo. They're not obnoxiously loud, but they have a deep sound and the quality is worth every penny.
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:46 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Borla
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

With the borla atak, does anyone know how it sounds in the cab of the car, is it obnoxious, i love the way it sounds on YouTube but I'm looking for someone that has one that can reassure me that I'm not gonna spend big money and be disappointed when I can't hold a conversation because my car is to loud!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You will probably want resonators installed along with the ATAKS

From everything I have read on this as well as other Forums. They are loud and you can hear them inside of your car. Do a search and you will see a lot of the owners using ATAKS also had to install resonators to calm them down.
If your looking for loud without a headache go for the "S" type.
If your looking for a good sound for the street with no drone problems you need to look at the touring s.
Borla makes all three and they all put out the same performance, Just different sound levels.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

My biggest problem is the fact that I love the idea of my car just turning heads with the sound of the idle or the slightest press of the peddle! I'll look into it more and let all of you know what I decide!! Btw I have looked into all three of the borla exhaust the touring, stinger, and the atak and i just wish I could find someone that had it on their car so I could hear it myself!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Did you see this VIDEO?

Compare Borla Mufflers

Ronnie
Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #52

Region: Texas
I just got a pair of double walled stainless tips and Flowmaster Series 10...they are very small and painted black...no more ugly tubs hanging out back....Most people think I have a debadged GT because I also have the 19 inch wheels for the Brembo Brakes...lol...Had a 5.0 Race me the other day from about 30 to 130 and he couldn't get past my front fender so not too shabby....they are deep and do drone a bit but it's a pleasant drone
darrentexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

What do you mean when talking about drone?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #54
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Drone is a constant almost hum you will quite often hear with after market exhausts (esp on V6's) that happens at a specific rpm. With my Bassani it comes in around 2k under load only.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTalent94 View Post
My biggest problem is the fact that I love the idea of my car just turning heads with the sound of the idle or the slightest press of the peddle! I'll look into it more and let all of you know what I decide!! Btw I have looked into all three of the borla exhaust the touring, stinger, and the atak and i just wish I could find someone that had it on their car so I could hear it myself!

If you want to turn heads just get a straight pipe welded in
Thats what i did, just that my neighbors hate me with how loud it is lol
I love the Idle sound because its actually really deep but i guess having the tuner and putting up a little the idle RPM helps lol
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

They should pass state regulations but I guess ever state varies. After tons of research I ordered the borla stingers. Getting them installed tomo! Very excited!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #57
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you do not like them- You can do this or wait

You can always put on some resonators to calm them down.
Just always remember this; They will actually mellow out after a few thousand miles due to carbon build up inside of them. A few thousand miles make a world of difference on the sound.
Ronnie
Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Here is a clip of my Bassani's for comparison. Everything else is stock.
Attached Files
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They should pass state regulations but I guess ever state varies. After tons of research I ordered the borla stingers. Getting them installed tomo! Very excited!

Let me know how you like the stinger!! I just ordered mine and can't wait either!!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let me know how you like the stinger!! I just ordered mine and can't wait either!!

Def dude. Came in freaking massive box lol.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I just hope that I don't regret not getting the atak! I just feel like the atak is to loud for my everyday driving!
Old 03-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Def dude. Came in freaking massive box lol.
Let us know how they sound! I've had my eye on these also, but I need to do a couple more things before I drop the cash for the cat-backs.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just hope that I don't regret not getting the atak! I just feel like the atak is to loud for my everyday driving!

I haven't heard the atak in person but with all the clips I heard it sound too much like an import. I think the stingers will have more of that muscle car sound which is what I want compared to that race card sound the atak has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooperV6 View Post
Let us know how they sound! I've had my eye on these also, but I need to do a couple more things before I drop the cash for the cat-backs.

Yea I'll try n get a clip or something up.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Everyone I've come across say they like the sound of my Magnaflow Street axlebacks. It's not too loud yet has that deep tone to it.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I just bought a set of used Magnaflow Street Axelbacks on ebay. Will let you know how they sound.
13BlackStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #66
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A sound all their own

The Magnaflow streets are not loud until you stomp the go pedal. Then they come alive. At highway speed you will have a nice humm that you will enjoy tuning your ear to. If you want to see what they sound like you need to get a trusted friend to drive your car up and down the street while you are standing outside listening to it. That is the best way to test if you like the sound they put out.
Ronnie
Old 03-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The Magnaflow streets are not loud until you stomp the go pedal. Then they come alive. At highway speed you will have a nice humm that you will enjoy tuning your ear to. If you want to see what they sound like you need to get a trusted friend to drive your car up and down the street while you are standing outside listening to it. That is the best way to test if you like the sound they put out.
Ronnie
^^^^^The exact reason why I like these mufflers.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

13 v6 Exhaust

Quote:

I remember when I had ordered my stingers, I was in the same exact boat as y'all, too excited. The hype was definitely lived up
Old 03-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Roush !!!
Roush AB

Instagram @bz37
Shengzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Roush on a V6 gets best sounding fart can award

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust