Problem with my SCT/BAMA Tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Problem with my SCT/BAMA Tuner

I received some new tunes from BAMA today. When I tried to load them from my computer to the SCT tuner, my computer didn't recognize that the SCT tuner was attached. Additionally, the computer's device manager wouldn't allow me to manually update the driver.

I Googled the problem and found this to be a popular problem. I tried different remedies to no avail. My computer still wouldn't recognize the tuner and the device manager wouldn't manually download the drivers. I was stuck.

The strangest part was that I had successfully processed some tunes a couple of weeks ago on that same computer.

At first, I thought the problem was in the new tunes I received from BAMA. While I was trying to figure everything out, I remembered that I had upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 just last week. Sooo......

I downloaded the BAMA tunes to my other computer, which is Windows 7. Everything worked fine and I was able to process the new tunes.

It appears that the problem is with the Windows 8.1 not accepting the SCT drivers.

I don't really know, but I figured I post this story in case anyone else has the same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hey bro. Tomorrow I'll be receiving my SCT tuner for my 13' mustang v6. Any tips or recommendations before I upload? I first had a diablo sport in-tuner but I was giving me problems.
bryan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Just follow the directions. It's actually simple. I just ran into something unexpected and should never have occurred. You'll be pleased with the SCT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I received some new tunes from BAMA today. When I tried to load them from my computer to the SCT tuner, my computer didn't recognize that the SCT tuner was attached. Additionally, the computer's device manager wouldn't allow me to manually update the driver.

I Googled the problem and found this to be a popular problem. I tried different remedies to no avail. My computer still wouldn't recognize the tuner and the device manager wouldn't manually download the drivers. I was stuck.

The strangest part was that I had successfully processed some tunes a couple of weeks ago on that same computer.

At first, I thought the problem was in the new tunes I received from BAMA. While I was trying to figure everything out, I remembered that I had upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 just last week. Sooo......

I downloaded the BAMA tunes to my other computer, which is Windows 7. Everything worked fine and I was able to process the new tunes.

It appears that the problem is with the Windows 8.1 not accepting the SCT drivers.

I don't really know, but I figured I post this story in case anyone else has the same problem.
TedG,

Good to know! I haven't had the chance to use SCT with Windows8.1 either, as both of my computers have Windows7. I'm not sure if the Bama Team has tried Windows8.1 yet either, as I know their work computers also run on Windows7. That being said, this is something that Bama & SCT both certainly need to look into. As I'm sure you're not the only customer that has Windows8.1!

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix this for SCT. It wouldn't surprised me if they're already working on it or have an answer. Thanks again for the feedback and I'll make sure it gets to the right people!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan001 View Post
Hey bro. Tomorrow I'll be receiving my SCT tuner for my 13' mustang v6. Any tips or recommendations before I upload? I first had a diablo sport in-tuner but I was giving me problems.
bryan001,

As TedG has mentioned, loading the tunes to your device is a very simple process. Simply follow the instructions and you'll be okay. Here's a direct link to the instructions if you haven't seen them yet!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Guess I'm old, lol, still running Vista so went smooth *** silk. Call them though. I called about something and got the new tune ASAP
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

NEW UPDATE:

I passed this thread along to my contacts at SCT. To see if they were aware of the issue and working on a solution, or if they already knew of one. Anyways, it turns out they've already made a solution to download SCT tunes onto Windows 8.1 with updated drivers and instructions!

Below are the updated drivers needed for Windows 8.1. Attached is a PDF file with instructions on how to update the drivers with Windows 8.1.

http://www.sctflash.com/software/x64_driver_files.zip

http://www.sctflash.com/software/x86_driver_files.zip

TedG, would you please give this a try and let me know how you make out?

Shane
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Windows 8 1 Drivers How to.pdf (642.0 KB, 360 views)
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I called SCT and they remotely loged on to my computer and did it all for me. all i had to do was download and install the updater and the program they use to remote access.. Just call them, there easy to get along with and will help you out.
Steeda CAI, Borla axle back & BBK X pipe
And Jon (Godfather tuner) Lund tune
knight5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
NEW UPDATE:

TedG, would you please give this a try and let me know how you make out?

Shane

I followed the instructions and everything worked fine. I was able to update the drivers and I downloaded a tune to the SCT.

Thank you for the follow up and good service!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
I followed the instructions and everything worked fine. I was able to update the drivers and I downloaded a tune to the SCT.

Thank you for the follow up and good service!
Excellent! Good to know everything is ironed out and will work with the new Windows 8.1. Thank you very much for testing this and getting back to me.

Thanks again for the kind words as well! Hit me up if you need any other assistance.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang