Best modifications to improve ride quality? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 AM   #1

Region: California
Best modifications to improve ride quality?

We all know mustangs don't have the best ride quality due to the solid rear axle, but what are some ways to improve this problem without spending thousands of dollars? My car already has 19 inch wheels, so it doesn't make it any better. My first thoughts are to upgrade to Koni adjustable shocks.. any other ideas?
V6wPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 04:46 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
With 19 inch wheels, the brake rotors must look puny showing through. I'd consider buying a GT rotor/caliper bracket upgrade to put the larger front brake rotors from a GT onto your car. Better braking, and the rotor will "fit" better to those large 19 inch wheels. The rears are the same for our V6's and GT's so they will still look small.

I do not have a problem with the "ride quality" of the Mustang, but then again, I don't carve out twistys and curves each weekend with it. I like the straight forward ability the solid axle offers. I wish the new Mustangs offered both options to potential Mustang owners, this way those that are looking for twisty type road handling could buy the new split rear axle design, and the "go straight" drivers could stick with the solid axle.

As to the rear axle mods, there are lots of posts here that offer suggestions as to how to keep it's "triangle" effect better planted. Panhard bars are one (price is reasonable), and Watts link is another, this one being a pricey mod.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I have 19" rims as well. The ride isn't to bad and it would be nice to have it ride a lot smoother, but then again this isn't a caddy and spending the extra cash wouldn't be worth it unless you lowered it.
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If your looking for a better ride you have the right idea changing out the shocks/struts but why go with the adjustables? Anything but full soft will not be an improvement in ride quality. It will actually make it worse over bumps. Save the money and go with Koni STR.T or Steeda Pro-Action. Both very good and will improve the ride. Any plans to lower it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Tires! Tires!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yes, our Pro - Actions combined with a nice set of Sport or Ultra lites would be a nice compliment to each other.

We can put a package together for you. Let me know what you would like to spend via budget, let me know if it includes install labor (Doing the labor at the same time will save money) ... and we can get you to your goal of a better riding/handling car.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #7

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
If your looking for a better ride you have the right idea changing out the shocks/struts but why go with the adjustables? Anything but full soft will not be an improvement in ride quality. It will actually make it worse over bumps. Save the money and go with Koni STR.T or Steeda Pro-Action. Both very good and will improve the ride. Any plans to lower it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Thanks for the advice, so im thinking these might
be my next mods. The Koni STR.T rear shocks and
the panhard bar by BMR. Other than those I have everything
That came with my 13' performance package.. Plus
a BBK intake and a custom straight pipe exhaust.
V6wPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang